Apple offers refunds to 'Breaking Bad' Season Pass holders following mixup

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DroidFTW View Post

Did Amazon or the other competitors have class action lawsuits brought against them?

It is really sad to me when someone signs up on an Applecentric site just to belittle others.

Really, really sad.
  • Reply 22 of 32
    droidftwdroidftw Posts: 1,009member
    It is really sad to me when someone signs up on an Applecentric site just to belittle others.

Really, really sad.
    I wasn't belittling blackbook, but the irony in your post was not lost on me.
  • Reply 23 of 32

Taken from wikipedia...

"Breaking Bad premiered on July 15, 2012. The 16-episode season is split into two parts, each containing eight episodes. AMC broadcast the first part of the fifth season on Sundays at 10:00 pm ET in the United States and Canada, and the second part airs on Sundays at 9:00 pm. The second half debuted August 11, 2013."

Now, being a follower of the show wouldn't you know you were only getting 8 episodes per season?

• Reply 24 of 32

C'mon. This is ridiculous. Did anyone really think that you were going to get 16 episodes for $22?? They are normally $3 each and iTunes never marks down a SeasonPass like that.

I hate when people get money back for being ignorant.

• Reply 25 of 32
    "Apple offers refunds to 'Breaking Bad' Season Pass holders following AMC's ridiculous cash-grab to double-up its profits on the 5th season"

FTFY
  • Reply 26 of 32
    Speaking of AMC, Walking dead is $43 for the whole season. Last year it was like $30. AMC is greedy and won't be getting any of my money, I'll get it "elsewhere".
  • Reply 27 of 32
    I still don't see the problem. If everyone paid for 16 episodes when only 8 we're available, then when the second set of 8 episodes is released they'd get those for free. Or am I missing something here?

Edit: Well, not free. I meant "at no further charge" since the second set has already been paid for.
  • Reply 28 of 32
    haggarhaggar Posts: 1,568member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jessi View Post

Apple making things right?

I'm sure somehow this means APPLE IZ DOOMEEDDD!

Actually, more like "Apple already makes everything right", "Anybody who complains is an idiot", "If you don't like it don't buy it", etc.

• Reply 29 of 32
    arlorarlor Posts: 532member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cmfilms View Post

C'mon. This is ridiculous. Did anyone really think that you were going to get 16 episodes for $22?? They are normally $3 each and iTunes never marks down a SeasonPass like that.

I hate when people get money back for being ignorant.

I'm sure Apple will be more careful in the future, but they called their product a "season pass." The producers of the show refer to all sixteen episodes as the "season," not just the first eight. AMC called it something else again. Regardless of whether the charge per episode is reasonable, I think the confusion is understandable. The fine print on "season passes" now specifically says which episodes are included, and Apple has refunded affected customers. Right call. 

• Reply 30 of 32
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    arlor wrote: »
    I'm sure Apple will be more careful in the future, but they called their product a "season pass."

It's not "Apple's product", it's AMC's product.
  • Reply 31 of 32
    I sent an email to apple yesterday and today they credited me with 3 video credits (U.K. Store). The said the full refund only applies to United States, Australia, Germany and Canada. But it might be worth sending them an email. Perhaps because I've spent thousands with Apple they saw fit to give me this gesture. Nice one.
  • Reply 32 of 32

I really hope they refund for all of Canada. I bought both "seasons" have emailed them 4 days ago and only got a response saying they would look into it. No refund yet or word weather they will or not.

I hope they learn from this and don't let the networks do this kind of thing again. Charge the going rate for a full season and give everyone access to it and don't mess with the naming of seasons and episodes, its confusing.

Apple is all about a good user experience and this certainly is not. Even with having bought all of the episodes they really messed up with the sequencing and naming of everything. Sometime the season is called The Final Season and in other areas its called Season 6. Also episode 2 in Season 6 isn't actually an episode from the season so each time we go to watch it we have to spend time figure out which episode is next to watch. In season 5 these behind the scenes shorts were labeled 101, 102 etc. Now they are mixed in with the regular episodes. Not a huge deal but takes extra brain power to figure this out each time. Pls Apple just make it easy and use the same labeling as they do on TV, why the need to scramble everything up like this?