ibank... check printing?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I recently made the switch to mac. I run a business from home and really need a simple check printing program. I used to run Versacheck for windows. It was a fairly simple program that was perfect for what I needed. Does ibank compare to a program like this? Is there anything else? thx

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by xtter View Post

I recently made the switch to mac. I run a business from home and really need a simple check printing program. I used to run Versacheck for windows. It was a fairly simple program that was perfect for what I needed. Does ibank compare to a program like this? Is there anything else? thx

I had never heard of iBank before, but it appears to be a really nice application. As a business owner, you may also consider iBiz from the same developer.

Advice: This is your business and your money. Only you understand your needs. You should not base your purchasing decision on how much a Mac application is like your old Windows application. You should base your decision on how well an application fits your needs. The iBank webpage gives you an excellent place to begin your research. You may even download the application for a free trial.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Yes, iBank can print checks... I replaced Quicken with it a couple years ago and have been very pleased.

That said, I don't run a business off it, and I don't print checks, but I know the feature is there. Whether it will be robust enough for your business needs is up to you ... I believe, though, that you can download the App and use it for free for 30 days... see if it does what you need.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

Yes, iBank can print checks... I replaced Quicken with it a couple years ago and have been very pleased.

That said, I don't run a business off it, and I don't print checks, but I know the feature is there. Whether it will be robust enough for your business needs is up to you ... I believe, though, that you can download the App and use it for free for 30 days... see if it does what you need.

Only newbies are allowed to necro-post. Having been a member of this forum for nine years, you sir are no newbie. If you persist in this behavior, then you will get a good talking-to.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Holy Crap !!!! how'd I manage that ???

The only way I ever look at stuff is by "New Posts - Since Last Visit" ... so I don't even look at the damn date!

Oh well... (and I only do "talks" over beer! ... you can find me in Hollywood tomorrow night.)
  • Reply 5 of 5

EzCheckPrinting Macintosh version will work for you. This mac version check writer can

- print professional check with MICR encoding, logo and signature on blank stock

- print QuickBooks compatible blank check

- print check draft

The price is $39 per installation, free through TrialPay offers

Free download trial version is available