Solved? Mistery of Apple Handheld device.

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I have just had an epiphany, I was reading the stuff about a 30th anniversary mac and it came to me.

Bluetooth Ipod type pda with full stylus input (inkwell stylieee) which is the main hard drive when placed on a desk next to a mac desktop computer.

The desktop mac would work as a conventional mac but use the ipod as its hard drive (or one of them).When you walk away from the terminal (or press a button) the ipod thingy becomes independent running osx ?cub? (baby x) user input from screen but access to all data and settings from desktop mac.

Whaya think has it got ?legs?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    pevepeve Posts: 518member
    ...well it has legs - but very small ones
  • Reply 2 of 10
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Apple execs, including SJ, have consistently said there would be no Apple-branded PDA. Why this keeps coming up is a mystery to me.... note spelling.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    rrr, he's not saying its a pda, it's the flipping computer. i've had the same thoughts in the past. and who really knows what i.p.o.d. stands for certainly not "pod"...

edited to say, he's not really saying that, but i am .

[ 08-22-2002: Message edited by: Atomic Media Fonts ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 10
    matveimatvei Posts: 193member
    Personal Organisation Device ?
  • Reply 5 of 10
    aha! there you go!
  • Reply 6 of 10
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    [quote]Originally posted by peve:

<strong>...well it has legs - but very small ones </strong><hr></blockquote>

:eek: The new breed of PDAs from Apple? :eek:

Introducing the iDach

My favorite kind of dog BTW. Especially the one on the right.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    pevepeve Posts: 518member
    johnrp: i wasn't saying "there will never be a apple pda-phone-thing.

the features that you talked about didn't blow me away.

ther will be an apple pda-phone-thing (imho) and we will see the future of communication.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Anders,

Nice dachshunds. I have a miniature one myself...Wilco...like the band...Anyways: I.P.O.D. Im pissed that apple wont come out with an organizer dammit....

[ 09-22-2002: Message edited by: Bioflavonoid ]</p>
  • Reply 9 of 10
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    [quote]Originally posted by Atomic Media Fonts:

<strong>rrr, he's not saying its a pda, it's the flipping computer. i've had the same thoughts in the past. and who really knows what i.p.o.d. stands for certainly not "pod"...</strong><hr></blockquote>

It doesn't "stand for" anything: it's from the Latin word pod, or foot, from the root of which we get the words podium and pedestrian.

The name iPod is basically a bit of fun at the expense of the Sony Walkman, with some Internet spin on it.

Think of it as Internet Walkman.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    [quote]Originally posted by Anders:

<strong>Introducing the iDach</strong><hr></blockquote>

But there's only one model now, and it only comes in Snow.