Samsung follows Apple's lead, announces new gold edition of Galaxy S4

Comments

• Reply 21 of 251
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    Ok... Now I think they're doing it just to be funny. No one can be that idiotic... Well, maybe so.
  • Reply 22 of 251
    Have they no shame? No honor? No they're not blatantly copying everything apple does. They were going to do this before! So apple really copying them! They even had film crews out interviewing people in line for iPhones to see why. Saying why does just apple have these lines.

If you have to ask then you'll never get it.

Dyson vacuums is suing them for cloning their designs and implementation also.
  • Reply 23 of 251
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    Fandroids: Apple did not invent Gold!!
    mac-daddy wrote: »
    Quit whining. Apple didn't invent gold.

Nailed it
  • Reply 24 of 251

Am I supposed to be surprised by this announcement?

We all know Sumpscum will copy anything from Apple.

• Reply 25 of 251
    What I'm waiting for is the announcement of the company's new "Samsung Security Scan" fingerprint sensor ... Any day now (as soon as they can get their graphic designers to whip up some concept art)
  • Reply 26 of 251
    hydrhydr Posts: 146member
    Next up SouchID. Lol.
  • Reply 27 of 251
    Ok. Now this is just sad and shameless.
  • Reply 28 of 251

The funny part is that there is no way a gold ascent slapped on plastic crap will have any sway.

East culture is fond of metals, not simply colour. If they had made a metal shell that would be different,

but of course that is harder to make.

Not only no shame, but they are idiots too.

• Reply 29 of 251

I seem to recall that when rumors of a gold-colored iPhone swirled, the fan-droids were saying how it wouldn't sell in the US, but might be popular in China and India. So it's strange that Sammy would limit their gold-colored-plastic product to Middle East.

• Reply 30 of 251
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sennen View Post

Samsung innovation.

Best post! :)

• Reply 31 of 251

Well at least they had the balls to pair gold with pink and brown glass! *barf*

• Reply 32 of 251

Why did Apple not patented their invention of a gold colored phone. Now all the Android and Windows phone manufacturers will copy Apple's invention. Apple should sue any manufacturer that makes gold colored phones.  

• Reply 33 of 251
    More and more, I walk through class and notice everyone's MacBooks, and think, "There's another MacBook." But for several I do a double-take and realize, "No ... no, that's not a MacBook - it's silver plastic with a black keyboard." Half the PC laptops in my classes (there aren't a ton of these) are MacBook look-alikes. Everyone wishes they had Apple's style. Copied, but never duplicated.
  • Reply 34 of 251

Ok maybe not the place to say this...but I see a gold iPad Mini in Apple's future and what about a gold 11' MBA. You heard it hear first.

I've been saying from the release of the iPhones the gold is very understated and elegant. I think Apple has knocked it out of the park with the 5s, gold, speed/chip, security, camera, iOS7 and of course build quality.

I will never buy a Samsung product. I find their business approach unethical and sleazy.

• Reply 35 of 251
    Those designs remind me of someone who's had a vulgar spray tan and walks around with a disgusting orange glow to them. The entirely gold phone looks shocking and should have been designed with a white facia, and WTF is that barbie inspired thing, did said Matel doll spew on their phone or something?
  • Reply 36 of 251
    Samsung think that they have seen a gap in the market for trashy and crass looking phones and have decided to fill it by providing a 'proper' gold plastic finish rather than some sophisticated approximation to a gold anodised aluminium.

Unfortunately that particular market only wants to pay $49 for a phone.
  • Reply 37 of 251
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-Daddy View Post

Quit whining. Apple didn't invent gold. Imitation is the most sincere form of flattering, so smile and move on. 

But the timing on Samsung's and HTC's part is interesting...

• Reply 38 of 251
    To be fair to Samsung the brown glass model does at least show some diversification - they are now not only copying the iPhone but the Zune too :smokey:
  • Reply 39 of 251
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    vwkismet wrote: »
    Do you think they are ever just embarrassed by this conduct?

Samsung is never embarrassed by anything they do. They believe that their customers are too stupid and/or unethical to care.

For the Samsung shills here, no, Apple didn't invent gold. They're not even the first to offer a gold cell phone. But when Samsung announces a gold phone (which is nothing more than a cheap plastic color change) the day after Apple announces massive sales of their new gold phone, it's pretty suspicious. Especially when it follows a history of Samsung copying everything Apple does - down to the product design, press releases, and advertising. Heck, a tablet that even their own attorneys can't tell apart from an iPad?
    Ok maybe not the place to say this...but I see a gold iPad Mini in Apple's future and what about a gold 11' MBA. You heard it hear first.

I've been saying from the release of the iPhones the gold is very understated and elegant. I think Apple has knocked it out of the park with the 5s, gold, speed/chip, security, camera, iOS7 and of course build quality.

I will never buy a Samsung product. I find their business approach unethical and sleazy.

You may be right about other gold products. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

The MBA, in particular, is in a tough position. How do you make it better? It's already extremely thin and light. It's more powerful than most users need. While performance is limited by availability of components, even if Intel came out with a new CPU that was 10 times as powerful and used no more energy, most MBA users would never notice the difference. The same is true of essentially all PCs - even a cheap PC is good enough for most users for the foreseeable future. Upgrade pressure is therefore greatly reduced.

Now, a different color doesn't address that issue directly, but it would at least differentiate the latest versions.
  • Reply 40 of 251
    Samsung Galaxy S4 - S is for Shamleless