Apple's iOS 7 now accounts for 52 percent of iOS Web share one week after launch

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 58
    Wow! Am I the only one that gets this: Apple has hit a home run with iOS7 and the ip5s?

No, there's at least 7 million people that agree with you.
  • Reply 42 of 58
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member
    quinney wrote: »
    I was planning to wait a couple weeks before downloading IOS7, but it seems Apple pushed the download to both my iPad 3 and iPhone 5 while they were plugged in recharging. I did not know they did things like that. Guess I might as well install it.

The iOS7 upgrade is either installed on a device or it's not. Apple doesn't push a copy to the iDevices and have it sit their until you want to install it or not. What Apple does do it push a notification to your devices letting you know an upgrade is available by putting a badge on the "Settings" app.

<span style="line-height:1.4em;">The iOS7 upgrade is either installed on a device or it's not. Apple doesn't push a copy to the iDevices and have it sit their until you want to install it or not.</span>

Yeah, they do. You can choose not to verify and install immediately after downloading it. Then when you go to verify, it won’t have to redownload.

Apple doesn’t download in the background, but you can download without installing.

mechanic wrote: »
    quinney wrote: »
    I was planning to wait a couple weeks before downloading IOS7, but it seems Apple pushed the download to both my iPad 3 and iPhone 5 while they were plugged in recharging. I did not know they did things like that. Guess I might as well install it.

They dont automaticall install any os upgrade, you will be asked if you check in software update before anything is installed and even then you have to push the button to do so.

They did not automatically install anything. I didn't say that. They did, however, download it to my devices without me requesting it. Check out this screenshot, showing the update as "downloaded". (maybe they have me confused with John McCain :p )

I clicked the install button right after taking the screenshot and it went straight to "verifying update", no internet activity showing on my DSL modem.
  • Reply 43 of 58
    dsddsd Posts: 186member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

Let's see Munster spin that factoid!!!!

The 210% increase in Samsung trade-ins is due to anticipation of an American release of the new innovative gold edition Galaxy S4.

• Reply 44 of 58
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by christopher126 View Post

Wow! Am I the only one that gets this: Apple has hit a home run with iOS7 and the ip5s?

I now have my 5S and I love it, the touch lock is everything I'd hoped for, really solid performance!.  My house is divided on IOS7, my wife and hi-schooler won't upgrade cause they don't like the overly bright themes and animations.  My college daughter away out of state took the plunge, she's a graphic artist and tells me she would like to go back to the darker themes and folders that actually hold a bunch of apps on one screen.  I love 99% of the new features but really don't care for the overly bright screens either.

I'm not surprised at the adoption rate, Apple products are a snap to update so most will because they have never been burned by an Apple upgrade to date.

I won't say that the new look is a home run, cause I like black devices and darker more artistic themes, but the OS is pretty darn solid, a few apps are crashing that didn't before but that's to be expected.

• Reply 45 of 58
    dasanman69 wrote: »

Don't you mean 5MM? :)
  • Reply 46 of 58
    reme wrote: »
    I now have my 5S and I love it, the touch lock is everything I'd hoped for, really solid performance!.  My house is divided on IOS7, my wife and hi-schooler won't upgrade cause they don't like the overly bright themes and animations.  My college daughter away out of state took the plunge, she's a graphic artist and tells me she would like to go back to the darker themes and folders that actually hold a bunch of apps on one screen.  I love 99% of the new features but really don't care for the overly bright screens either.

I'm not surprised at the adoption rate, Apple products are a snap to update so most will because they have never been burned by an Apple upgrade to date.

I won't say that the new look is a home run, cause I like black devices and darker more artistic themes, but the OS is pretty darn solid, a few apps are crashing that didn't before but that's to be expected.

If the screen looks overly bright; turn down the brightness!!! sheeeesh!
  • Reply 47 of 58
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MiddleGround View Post

Hi folks. I have updated to IOS 7 on an iPad 3 and it works great. My wife updated her iPhone 4s and it seems good too. What experience have you had on an iPhone 4? Does it slow things down at all? I haven't made the change yet until I know things operate pretty well. Thanks.

Ars and a few others have reviews on this subject. The reviews tend to highlight that the iPhone 4, given that it's about half as fast as the 4s, does not quite have the juice to run iOS 7 as well as the reviewers had hoped. Some features, such as transparencies, have been removed. Moreover apps open a touch more slowly in iOS 7 and some animations are not super smooth.

I was satisfied with iOS7. As far as I can tell, most of the "slowness" has to do with iOS 7 being programmed to have more animations and slower ones. I would not really notice the slow frame rate for animations unless I paid attention. I appreciate the convenience of features found in iOS 7. 

• Reply 48 of 58

Quote:

Originally Posted by christopher126 View Post

Wow. You so smart!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

But how many of those people are shipped and not sold?

• Reply 49 of 58
    Quote:

Let people express their opinions! We let you have your (flawed) say. Sheesh!

• Reply 50 of 58
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member
    robm wrote: »
    Installed on iPhone 4 a week ago - no issues whatsoever. Runs fine.
    Any "slowness" is not noticeable at all.

Wow! For real? You're not kidding, right? There's a badge on my wife' IP4 but I warned her not to touch it.
  • Reply 51 of 58
    zabazaba Posts: 226member
    Hi folks. I have updated to IOS 7 on an iPad 3 and it works great. My wife updated her iPhone 4s and it seems good too. What experience have you had on an iPhone 4? Does it slow things down at all? I haven't made the change yet until I know things operate pretty well. Thanks.
    I updated my 4s on day 1. I must say it is actually faster!!! Than it's predecessor. I think it's a really cool upgrade and would definitely recommend it. Don't read the shit in the press, this is a huge leap forward and I love all the tweaks, the only thing I don't like is the blur behind the folders would have much preferred a dark translucent overlay, and not comfortable with the calendar yet although it'll take a while to adjust.
  • Reply 52 of 58
    zabazaba Posts: 226member
    It's my understanding that the new iOS7 slows the 4 and 4s down about the same, so if the 4s is acceptable, then the 4 will be acceptable too.
    Not true. The 4s is actually faster under iOS7.
  • Reply 53 of 58

I have one complaint about iOS 7 on the iPhone. It's that the boot screen is white with a black apple logo. It makes turning your phone on in the morning a little painful for the eyes

• Reply 54 of 58
    Originally Posted by johnnyb0731 View Post

I have one complaint about iOS 7 on the iPhone. It's that the boot screen is white with a black apple logo. It makes turning your phone on in the morning a little painful for the eyes

Why the HECK are you turning off your phone?! Don’t do that.

• Reply 55 of 58
    Quote:

Really?  Really?  The only thing worse than too bright white-on-white is muddy white-on-white.  Don't get me wrong, it has it's place but I would prefer to be able to choose.

Now having used IOS7 for over a couple of weeks on my 5 and now 5S, I'm a bit baffled at the different presentations of the dial pad and keyboard.  In some apps it's the "classic" version, others its the washed out white.  The dial pad is sometimes white-on-white and other times white-on-black like during a call.  It would be cool if it could shift theme based on ambient light or manual switch.

• Reply 56 of 58
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Why the HECK are you turning off your phone?! Don’t do that.

I live 1000 miles away from anybody who could conceivably want to reach me in the middle of the night. There's nothing I could do anyways so I turn it off

• Reply 57 of 58
    I live 1000 miles away from anybody who could conceivably want to reach me in the middle of the night. There's nothing I could do anyways so I turn it off

Maybe you should move. :)

Perhaps you could just boot it up and place it face down or just walk away from it. Also there isn't any harm in keeping it on.
  • Reply 58 of 58
    robmrobm Posts: 1,068member
    matrix07 wrote: »
    Wow! For real? You're not kidding, right? There's a badge on my wife' IP4 but I warned her not to touch it.

No matey, not kidding.
    No lag typing or anything like that for me. Also installed on iPad2 - all good.