Apple releases iOS 7.0.2 to fix lockscreen passcode bug

Comments

• Reply 21 of 51
    dcgoodcgoo Posts: 280member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Damn_Its_Hot View Post

Interesting that iTunes could not find the update. When I went thru Settings>General>Update my iPhone found it ASAP and am installing now.

Generally updates installed directly on the phone itself, are a tiny fraction of the size of an update through iTunes

• Reply 22 of 51
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by coxnvox View Post

Now, when will they acknowledge and fix the bug that makes my 4S drain the battery about twice as fast as it did under the previous iOS?

Both my wife's 4s and my 5 actually have better battery life with 7.0.  I did turn off a lot of stuff, such as the Background App Refresh.  Just check all your settings.

• Reply 23 of 51

a 1.29 GByte download to fix 2 things my 4s? Thinking of all the electrons being killed to send this down the inter tubes…. ;-) ;-)

• Reply 24 of 51
    Quote:

Originally Posted by goofy1958 View Post

Both my wife's 4s and my 5 actually have better battery life with 7.0.  I did turn off a lot of stuff, such as the Background App Refresh.  Just check all your settings.

I'm getting about the same, but I've been doing a lot of maps and google and clinometer work (great app).  If I wasn't using them, I think my 4s is running about the same.

My biggest issue is the animation on my 4s appears a bit sluggish, typically in getting off the lock screen, as well as navigating in safari and mail.

• Reply 25 of 51
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOtherGeoff View Post

a 1.29 GByte download to fix 2 things my 4s? Thinking of all the electrons being killed to send this down the inter tubes…. ;-) ;-)

You didn't say in your original post, but I'm guessing you're using iTunes to update? It's only a 20MB update on my iPad (3rd gen) and iPhone 5 when updating on the device directly.  iTunes does not support incremental updates.

• Reply 26 of 51
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hydr View Post

I sure hope they also fixed SIRI through locked screen. Try "show my photos" "search for ..." "last number dialed" "send text to" etc. That should require a pin code to be entered, but it does not on IOS7.

False. You need to enter your password.

I just tried this on my 5S with my thumb; worked fine. Locked phone again and tried it with my ring finger (not a saved print) and no dice. It prompts for password.

• Reply 27 of 51
    Originally Posted by SmileyDude View Post

iTunes does not support incremental updates.

Which is really a shame, because delta updates need to be supported Apple Ecosystem-wide. For everything from 10.x.x updates to an iOS app downloaded via iTunes on a Mac to keep in iTunes on a Mac.

• Reply 28 of 51
    I just download the update i will check other issues. Since I do not remember no one making these notes regarding the lock screen issue. Even I try doing these, and i could not pull these off.

regarding the 4S, I have to say that the last beta, did not drain the battery as fast as the consumer IOS7. these is a true issue.

I will turn off these functions in the Iphone 4S and check back (these phone has 2 years now. Maybe, just maybe, the battery is staring to get old. Also, since I am home, all my IOS devices are connected to the wifi all day.
  • Reply 29 of 51
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheOtherGeoff View Post

Through wireless (WiFi) software update right off the phone the download took about a minute. You'll save many electrons that way eh?

One thing? The update turns Bluetooth back on (they really want that for "better location" for some reason it seems...)

• Reply 30 of 51
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlosDeBernard View Post

I just download the update i will check other issues. Since I do not remember no one making these notes regarding the lock screen issue. Even I try doing these, and i could not pull these off.

regarding the 4S, I have to say that the last beta, did not drain the battery as fast as the consumer IOS7. these is a true issue.

I will turn off these functions in the Iphone 4S and check back (these phone has 2 years now. Maybe, just maybe, the battery is staring to get old. Also, since I am home, all my IOS devices are connected to the wifi all day.

Is Spotlight indexing everything?

Have you restarted your phone since updating? I had to restart my 4S (since retired) because I was having issues; after reboot, it worked great.

• Reply 31 of 51
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlosDeBernard View Post

Same here with my 4s, from beta1 to GM battery seem ok, with the final version of ios7, battery last 6 hour, luckily in Italy warranty last 2 year so I send it for repair

• Reply 32 of 51
    Quote:

Now, when will they acknowledge and fix the bug that makes my 4S drain the battery about twice as fast as it did under the previous iOS?

iOS 6 drained the battery faster than iOS 5.  Sounds like you have too many notifications and you haven't turned off the background app refresh and the auto app update feature.  Apps get updated constantly, so if you have auto app update on, the phone will be constantly updating apps, and draining the battery faster.  Apple should add an extra preference setting to only auto update apps when plugged in, and on wi-fi (to save on limited data plans). 

• Reply 33 of 51
    Quote:

Originally Posted by chabig View Post

On my locked iPhone 5, I asked Siri to "show my photos" and it required a passcode.

On my locked iPhone 4S, I asked Siri to "show my photos" and he said, "You need to unlock your iPhone first" and displayed the keypad.

• Reply 34 of 51
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hillstones View Post

On my locked iPhone 4S, I asked Siri to "show my photos" and he said, "You need to unlock your iPhone first" and displayed the keypad.

Same here with my iPhone 5 and once I entered my pin number it opened my collections to the most recent set..

• Reply 35 of 51
    Damn. No more looking at naked pictures of my friend's wife on his phone...
  • Reply 36 of 51
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Interestingly I've seen more and more job reqs pop up at Apple for Human Interface designers. The latest is for an "Expermental Designer". The job description is quite interesting. It makes me really curious to see what Apple might be cooking for 2014.

https://jobs.apple.com/us/search?#&t=1&sb=req_open_dt&so=1&lo=0*USA&pN=8&openJobId=29693902

Key Qualifications

The HIg Experimental Designer is an interdisciplinary prototyping expert. He or she has the sensibility of a designer, ingenuity of an engineer, the ability to converse fluently with creative and technical teams, and a limitless passion for learning and tinkering with unproven and cutting edge technologies and user interaction models. Top candidates will have an understanding of user interface design principles as well as a sensitivity to composition, typography and color, experience in a programming environment like Objective C/HTML (or equivalent), and a practical grasp of animation. Bachelors in Graphics Design, User Experience Design, Industrial design or equivalent.
  • Reply 37 of 51
    Quote:

No bug I expect. That's likely to be you playing around with all the new features in iOS7. Every single time an iOS update is released there is a chorus of complaints about battery life. In a month you'll have forgotten the 'bug'.

• Reply 38 of 51
    One thing it's fixed for me was a bug I'd reported to Apple just 3 days ago - control centre was erroneously reporting alarms twice and it told me that alarms had been set when they didn't even exist anymore. After 7.0.2 that's all gone! :)
  • Reply 39 of 51
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hillstones View Post

iOS 6 drained the battery faster than iOS 5.  Sounds like you have too many notifications and you haven't turned off the background app refresh and the auto app update feature.  Apps get updated constantly, so if you have auto app update on, the phone will be constantly updating apps, and draining the battery faster.  Apple should add an extra preference setting to only auto update apps when plugged in, and on wi-fi (to save on limited data plans). 

I've turned off background app refresh, but I can't find where to turn off auto app update. Since updating to ios7 apps were updating automatically, which does not give you the opportunity to see what the changes are in the new version. I don't know how, but auto updating seems to have stopped for now, although there was a single occasion when it auto updated before I had a chance to see the details........?

• Reply 40 of 51
    What they really need to fix is the battery problem!!!