Apple releases iOS 7.0.2 to fix lockscreen passcode bug

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 51
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MacHarry de View Post

What they really need to fix is the battery problem!!!

really? my iPhone 5 battery has definitely been better since upgrade to ios7

definitely 

• Reply 42 of 51

I think this is your personal experience. iPhone 5 has definitely a problem:

http://www.mac-harry.de/2013/09/ios7-fehler/ ;

Just the test results from Ars in English:

http://www.mac-harry.de/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Akkuproblem-iOS-7-iPhone-5.jpg

• Reply 43 of 51

What they really need to fix is the battery problem!!!

There isn’t one.

• Reply 44 of 51

I just updated and now the volume display no longer works. When I press the volume buttons, it just displays a icon of a bell but there is no gauge of the volume. Plus, there isn't any sound in the games.

• Reply 45 of 51
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Quote:

I think this is your personal experience. iPhone 5 has definitely a problem:

http://www.mac-harry.de/2013/09/ios7-fehler/ ;

Just the test results from Ars in English:

http://www.mac-harry.de/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Akkuproblem-iOS-7-iPhone-5.jpg

Well, then it's mine as well. NO issue with battery life whatsoever. Granted I did my due diligence in managing my settigns, which was necessary more than previousely in that a number of my previous choices had been reset, to my surprise.

Oh and that first link? Really?

"

Das ist irgendwie peinlich, oder?

Es sieht so aus, als ob wir nicht das finden konnten, wonach du gesucht hast. Möglicherweise hilft die Suchfunktion."

• Reply 46 of 51
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by deanbar View Post

I've turned off background app refresh, but I can't find where to turn off auto app update. Since updating to ios7 apps were updating automatically, which does not give you the opportunity to see what the changes are in the new version. I don't know how, but auto updating seems to have stopped for now, although there was a single occasion when it auto updated before I had a chance to see the details........?

When I open the notifications the list of what apps have been updated contains the familiar "what's new" caroted detailing. It's after the fact but still available. The easiest way I get there is I have the updater active in notifications, then I just tap that notice and pop to the list....

Also it's a cumulative list (by date) so you can see the detail going back several series of updates. My earliest is the 21st, the most recent, today.

• Reply 47 of 51
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil65 View Post

I just updated and now the volume display no longer works. When I press the volume buttons, it just displays a icon of a bell but there is no gauge of the volume. Plus, there isn't any sound in the games.

My issue is fixed. Not sure how or why, but I left it alone for a few hours, tried again and the volume scale now displays. Weird...

• Reply 48 of 51
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RogueDogRandy View Post

really? my iPhone 5 battery has definitely been better since upgrade to ios7

definitely 

Ya....strangely I find my iPhone 5 is a bit better now under iOS 7 as well.

• Reply 49 of 51

Apple released a very poor attempt to correct the "bug" which gave access to saved photos on devices.  The IOS 7.0.2 updated through today containing this patch has a major flaw allowing the owner's information to easy be removed and iPhone / iPad reset as new.  I have assisted 3 people with gaining access, but they do lose all of the contained data not saved to iCloud.  .. . . . 

Back to the drawing board, I guess

"Doc" 

• Reply 50 of 51
    Originally Posted by GateCrasher1 View Post

The IOS 7.0.2 updated through today

We’re on 7.0.3 now. Update again.

• Reply 51 of 51

I did need an additional update, but 7.0.3 did not have any change on the ability to bypass the lock screen password.  The application is free online and not specifically intended for use with /for the iPad 4, but it seems to prevent any protection of it.  The same results with my iPhone 4s ... I have not attempted on the 5 or 5s.