Schematics show expected thinner-bezel design of Apple's fifth-gen iPad

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    philboogie wrote: »
    He'll exceed his 2010 record of 3.7B appointments

[VIDEO]

Thanks for the reminder. That was one of my all-time favorite commercials.
  • Reply 22 of 29

I have a full size ipad but think I might go mini this time around, but hopefully we shall see in October. I like the design though the full size has always felt a little heavy.

• Reply 23 of 29
    If they really make it with narrow bezels, it will be a disaster for propping up in your lap...the way I use it 90 percent of the time. I know it won't happen, but please Apple, please keep the bezels wide enough for landscape use.

The narrow bezel would also mean stands are less secure. My iPad 1 can sit deep enough in a slot that bumping it doesn't make the thing fall over.
  • Reply 24 of 29
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    Why would Apple need an event now. The surprise is over. Haters will say nothing new was announced, blah blah ,blah.
    Ony unless the new ATV is introduced is this necessary. Seriously - a bevel change?
  • Reply 25 of 29
    Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

Haters will say nothing new was announced, blah blah ,blah.

They’ll say that anyway. They’ll say it if every single internal component is changed. They’ll say it if the case looks completely different. They’ll say it it both things happen. They’re insane.

Seriously - a bevel change?

Because of course that’s the only thing they’d update¡

• Reply 26 of 29

They just need to make it less slippery. The backside aluminum has almost no friction, that's why it's so hard to hold. With less slippery surface, a narrow bezel is not going to be a problem.

• Reply 27 of 29

Fifth generation already and that's the newest product line.  Still hiring people to work on the wearable gear.  Stock is going nowhere until a new product line comes out or they sell 90 million phones in the holiday quarter.

• Reply 28 of 29
    Originally Posted by tkell31 View Post

Stock is going nowhere until a new product line comes out or they sell 90 million phones in the holiday quarter.

All the more reason to get rid of the stock.

• Reply 29 of 29
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Chandra69 View Post

TimCook had surely Doubled Down the secrecy.  

Except it's the same rumor from before. Don't you get it? THIS ISN'T A NEW LEAK. Some case maker has taken the previous leak and pooped it out as a "new" schematic and "leaked" it to AppleInsider as new. Unless the case maker got their specs FROM APPLE, and they're VIOLATING THEIR NDA, it's NOT A LEAK.

Get it?