Samsung crows about its 'golden history' of making gold colored phones

Comments

• Reply 41 of 121
    esoomesoom Posts: 155member
    So why is Samsung making a big deal about a phone with such limited availability geographically?

They're really picking a fight over a phone's color?

A gold colored plastic bodied phone?

I think those 9 million iPhones sold in 3 days really freaked out the whole sector :)
  • Reply 42 of 121
    Samsung Sham-shung. Who gives a flying fart?
  • Reply 43 of 121
    edenroc00 wrote: »
    Wow, why all the hostility. This kind of "flattery" started w/ Japan post war who, with a conscience,copied American products.
    Now, as a clear FAN of Apple I have owned every iPhone including 5s( took it back after 2 days, purchased 1year into my contract)

As Wurm5150 wrote: "The fact they have to defend themselves about copying says a lot about their reputation."
    (cont) I am bored with small screen and getting older. I am tired of this small screen and would like more multi tasking within programs! Can't do on Apples IOS so the note 3 seems like a viable option, but after being so accustomed to iPhones build quality it's a tough step for me.

If your complaint is truly about display size and really do love Apple product then buy an iPad, but I have a feeling none of that is true.
  • Reply 44 of 121
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,176member
    akqies wrote: »
    As Wurm5150 wrote: "The fact they have to :so quickly: defend themselves about copying says a lot about their reputation."

+1
  • Reply 45 of 121
    (cont) I am bored with small screen and getting older. I am tired of this small screen and would like more multi tasking within programs! Can't do on Apples IOS so the note 3 seems like a viable option, but after being so accustomed to iPhones build quality it's a tough step for me.
    At the end of the day we should be able to look back at our comments and know that we were respectful of others and there opinions.
    Something we Americans need more of.

Larger screens do not solve issues with visual acuity. A much better option is adjusting text size, enhancing contrast and using bold font options. Larger isn't necessarily better.

What "multi-tasking" would you like?

At the end of the day I prefer kindness and generosity over logic and reason, however, Android OEMs and Android fanatics do not offer kindness and generosity or logic and reason.
  • Reply 46 of 121
    Larger screens do not solve issues with visual acuity. A much better option is adjusting text size, enhancing contrast and using bold font options. Larger isn't necessarily better.

This is where Apple has done some amazing things with iOS. Even now with iOS 7 system app text is better idealized for the display based on your text size requirements.

Furthermore, the iPhone and iPad have allowed the literally blind to use commercial computing devices with relative ease. I'm not saying that no one else has worked to support those with disabilities but I don't know that Apple definitely pioneered it in a consumer device with their iPhone.
  • Reply 47 of 121

Enough is enough! Fxxk you Samsung!!

• Reply 48 of 121
    Okay, fine, Samsung is winning, whatever that means. But it's annoying when they act like teenage girls with their advertising and corporate messaging, like a bunch of 12-year old whining little bitches complaining about how "Aubrey stole Jessica's boyfriend and then she told Steven that he was going to the Bieber concert with Ashley who then went to One Direction with Aidan instead!"

EVERYONE hates Aubrey! She's such a rag!
  • Reply 49 of 121
    @ wurm5150- iPhone? IPad? Ringing a bell here? I actually owned every iPad and sold(nice quality better than samsung tabs) I have 27" iMac, 13" pro
    I want a combo yet portable come on 6" iPhone 6. troll?
    You have gotten personnel and I have not.
    This is a opinion regarding phone color and one should retain some dignity. Not reality T.V. NOT the "Housewives of Orange County "
  • Reply 50 of 121
    And the worlds has been raving about theses phones since 2004.....oh wait, not
  • Reply 51 of 121
    Quote:

Originally Posted by edenroc00 View Post

At the end of the day we should be able to look back at our comments and know that we were respectful of others and there opinions.

Something we Americans need more of.

I bet the note looks great by your head while your on the phone, good wind screen.  You got "bored" with the small screen, who gets bored with a screen ?  phones are the least of your issues

• Reply 52 of 121

Now, as a clear FAN of Apple I have owned every iPhone including 5s( took it back after 2 days, purchased 1year into my contract) I actually owned every iPad and sold(nice quality better than samsung tabs) I have 27" iMac, 13" pro

No one gives a flying frick. If you actually had a valid argument to present, you wouldn’t say any of this.

I am bored with small screen

That’s a new one, though. “Bored” with a small screen.

…and would like more multi tasking within programs!

Nice segue. /s

Never mind what “within programs” even means or implies.

Can’t do on Apples IOS so the note 3 seems like a viable option…

Other than “be worthless”, there is nothing the Note line can do that the iPhones cannot.

I want a combo yet portable come on 6" iPhone 6.

6” isn’t a phone.

• Reply 53 of 121
    Samsungs phone style completely changed after the iPhone. But, isn't that direct competition forcing change and evolution?
    Isn't Target nothing but a coping scam.?Everything they sell is essentially copied and affordable for the masses.
    Do I hate Target for designing something I can afford rather than paying 3000.00 for a original
  • Reply 54 of 121
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Wow, why all the hostility. This kind of "flattery" started w/ Japan post war who, with a conscience,copied American products.
    Now, as a clear FAN of Apple I have owned every iPhone including 5s( took it back after 2 days, purchased 1year into my contract)

If you've owned every iPhone (including, I assume, the 5), were you not aware that the 5s has the same body/screen size? Nowhere in the marketing for the 5s was "new larger screen" mentioned, so what were you expecting?

If you did know the 5s was the same as the 5, screen-wise, then why buy something you knew you were "bored with", and wouldn't be happy with (and destined to return after a single day )?

Odd.

I'm not being a jerk. I just can't figure out why you bought the thing. The second-year "s" models have never been radical design departures from the previous year's model...just improvements "under the hood", but packed into the same body design.
  • Reply 55 of 121
    @tallest skil, 6" does seem a bit large.. Part of the de.... Ok example here trying to spell a word and it's not looking correct and auto-correct is not helping. Now what, grab a actual Dictionary or open a second window?
    iPhone I must push home button go to my app and then return.
  • Reply 56 of 121
    Samsungs phone style completely changed after the iPhone. But, isn't that direct competition forcing change and evolution?

A company out maneuvering their competitors gives neither a legal nor moral allowance for their lessors to steal from them in an attempt to catch up.

I don't think anyone thinks Apple was the first to make a gold phone. Even going back to the original landline phones there were brass and copper colored phones… because they were made out of brass and copper. Those are certainly more gold in appearance than some of those brown-gold phones Samsung has released previously.

To paraphrase Steve Jobs, "Samsung has no taste." Samsung is a highly competent company as shown by their marketshare, revenue and profits of Android-based devices, among many other areas* of their business but these examples of what they did first show that they didn't have anyone with taste prevent those ugly creations from being released to market (same goes for Nokia), and shows that they really don't understand why Apple is appealing.
    Isn't Target nothing but a coping scam?

No.

* Their chip manufacturing seems unmatched by anyone but Intel, who doesn't (yet?) make ARM chips. Perhaps a testament to Samsung is that they produced — not designed — the A7 chip and yet we heard nothing about it being 64-bit. Surely they would have known this was the case and yet they didn't usurp Apple's announcement with claims from a year ago saying they are going 64-bit or leaking the info. This doesn't excuse them for other things but it should in some small way show that not all aspects of Samsung's business are not run the same.
  • Reply 57 of 121
    Wanted the lastest like I do every year and had to pay 589.00 out of pocket plus activation. I have NOT purchased a note 3
    Just curious. Will probably wait to see what IPhone 6 does, bit edgy for that "new" toy
    Apple has really simplified my life
  • Reply 58 of 121
    Well said,... Thank you
  • Reply 59 of 121
    @tallest skil, 6" does seem a bit large.. Part of the de.... Ok example here trying to spell a word and it's not looking correct and auto-correct is not helping. Now what, grab a actual Dictionary or open a second window?
    iPhone I must push home button go to my app and then return.

So you want a windowed OS structure in your phone instead of seamlessly moving between fullscreen apps. Since you're making foolish requests would like a Start button to go with that? How about they make the display resistive and put in a nifty slot for a stylus?

BTW, there is a dictionary in iOS that can accessed from any word. It's quite comprehensive with the number of dictionaries it supports. You can also simple ask Siri whilst in an app how to spell a word if you don't want to go to have this "out of app" experience.
  • Reply 60 of 121
    Oops@akqies well said. Thanks