Adoption of Apple's iOS 7 at 32% after 48 hours, outpacing iOS 6

12345679»

Comments

• Reply 161 of 171
    Originally Posted by RemE View Post

If you've never experienced this, then your opinion on this matter is irrelevant... Tallest Skil

Yeah, I’ve turned my head before and had objects pass across my field of vision, thanks.

• Reply 162 of 171
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Yeah, I’ve turned my head before and had objects pass across my field of vision, thanks.

You are fortunate to not have one of many conditions that actually can make what many consider normal life an absolute nightmare at times.  I hope that you will take some time to learn about them so that you may better understand the people who suffer from them.

Some background info (there are many others):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vertigo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ménière's_disease

And the biggie (notice the point that is made about objects moving nearby which could include a screen; certain games are completely out of the question for these sufferers)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benign_paroxysmal_positional_vertigo

• Reply 163 of 171
    reme wrote: »
    I've now talked to a bunch of people about their feelings on IOS7, every single one had issues with the overly white screens and thin fonts so I'm not alone.  I like the upgrade but hope for corrections in the future.

I still am surprised that I still can't ask Siri to "read me my messages", over my headset, with the phone stowed away, "sorry, I can't do that with the phone locked", so much for hands free!  I miss this functionality (not the instability), which was available years ago on windows mobile devices with voice commander.  Some day, some day.

Dumb post is dumb. What you're referring to is a security feature. If you have Siri read your messages while your phone is locked, so can anyone else.
  • Reply 165 of 171
    Does the reduce motion option and static background help anyone reduce this feeling?
  • Reply 166 of 171
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    philboogie wrote: »
    Does the reduce motion option and static background help anyone reduce this feeling?
    It does but the app launching is still problematic. I just look away when launching apps.
  • Reply 167 of 171
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Pendergast View Post

Dumb post is dumb. What you're referring to is a security feature. If you have Siri read your messages while your phone is locked, so can anyone else.

So correct!  Just like you can choose what shows in the lock screen, so should one be able to accept the security risk of getting one own messages on ones's locked phone.  This was possible for years on the windows mobile phones and was quite nice.  So I'm asking for choice, you can lock yours down, me, not so much.  It's not as dumb as you think.

• Reply 168 of 171
    jungmark wrote: »
    It does but the app launching is still problematic. I just look away when launching apps.

I take it you wouldn't downgrade if you could? Function over form, or so to speak?

Can we expect Apple to address this issue? Or would that make them look like 'giving in'?
  • Reply 169 of 171
    I take it you wouldn't downgrade if you could? Function over form, or so to speak?

Can we expect Apple to address this issue? Or would that make them look like 'giving in'?

Yup, not downgrading.

I hope they do add a setting so you can turn the motion completely off. Make it so the background doesn't move when you launch/close apps.
  • Reply 170 of 171
    jungmark wrote: »
    Yup, not downgrading.

I hope they do add a setting so you can turn the motion completely off. Make it so the background doesn't move when you launch/close apps.

Are you using a static background? I've found that helps.
  • Reply 171 of 171
    Are you using a static background? I've found that helps.

Yup.