Apple confirms iOS 7 causing iMessage issues, says fix is in the works

Comments

• Reply 21 of 51
    tbelltbell Posts: 3,146member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nkhm View Post

This is more than a fraction of a percent of users. Every single ios7 user I know is experiencing this issue.

We do not know each other, but I am not experiencing the issue. I doubt Apple has a reason to lie. It could have just as easily left out the fraction of one percent comment, and just said it was working on the matter. 

• Reply 22 of 51
    Quote:

Originally Posted by nkhm View Post

This is more than a fraction of a percent of users. Every single ios7 user I know is experiencing this issue.

That's the problem with anecdotal evidence. No iOS 7 user I know is having a problem. Now what?

• Reply 23 of 51
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by schmrtzzz View Post

iMessage is having issues ever since it launched. Just open it simultaneously on a Mac and on your iPhone: the same message often arrives minutes later on the Mac. Okay, that could be a network problem, though it's strange I only have that with iMessage. As a result the timeline gets a terrible mess and isn't corrected. You end up with very confusing conversations.

I agree with that. My girlfriend and I have gotten in huge fights because we would receive each other's messages out of order. Apple seemed to correct the issue for a while, and now I still have the problem.

• Reply 24 of 51
    Quote:

Originally Posted by schmrtzzz View Post

iMessage is having issues ever since it launched. Just open it simultaneously on a Mac and on your iPhone: the same message often arrives minutes later on the Mac. Okay, that could be a network problem, though it's strange I only have that with iMessage. As a result the timeline gets a terrible mess and isn't corrected. You end up with very confusing conversations.

I agree. Also annoying is that my ipad and mac trends to forget the phone number associated with iMessage which makes for a very jumbled conversation

• Reply 25 of 51
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GTR View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Yep. Why does Apple suck so much when it comes to the cloud? 

Although I'll admit that Apple does appear to be experiencing a bit of a learning curve when it comes to their online services I'll also admit that they appear to be learning at an exponential rate and have improved dramatically in the last twelve months or so.

Give them time.

They'll get it right eventually.

I agree with that. It has gotten better. Some of the issues I think have to do with whether iMessage sends a message via wifi, cellular data,  or as a text. When send via wifi or cellular data everything seems to be fine. When it gets sent as a text, that seems to mess things up sometimes. 

• Reply 26 of 51
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Eternal Emperor View Post

That's the problem with anecdotal evidence. No iOS 7 user I know is having a problem. Now what?

Not that there aren't +-.01% users experiencing problems, but I can say the same thing - no issues with any of my iDevices, nor has anyone i communicate with (that have iDevices) said they have any problems. in fact we all love the new iOS looks and functionality.

Way to go Apple!!

• Reply 27 of 51
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    Getting messages out of order isn't the issue at hand, is it?
  • Reply 28 of 51
    My friend and I both had this problem using our ip5. I'm not sure about his ipad, but I know my ipad4 had the problem as well. I reset the network setting and seems to have fixed it.
  • Reply 29 of 51
    neilmneilm Posts: 995member
    Not having the iMessage problem with my iPhone 5.

Re the WiFi problem reported by "dickprinter" above (now there's a visual I wish I could get rid of...), try deleting the saved iOS WiFi profile for this network and setting it up again. This has worked with previous WiFi issues. Disclaimer: I'm not having that problem with iOS7 either.
  • Reply 30 of 51
    stuffestuffe Posts: 394member
    It's worth noting that the "simple procedure" that can be used to resolve this (I have used it, and it worked for me) also results in the loss of all stored WiFi passwords which isn't ideal.
  • Reply 31 of 51
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member

I'm not seeing iMessage issues on Mavericks or any iOS 7 device in my scope.

I do see plenty of other issues with the movement of the UI, hangs and freezes, Wifi and bluetooth odd behavior, and more.

Hopefully iMessage is not the only thing patched with 7.0.3.

• Reply 32 of 51
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member

Well, just from my end I can report that I've experienced this issue, but only occasionally. And it happened on my Mac as well. 

All in all, though, Ive' been able to carry on extended iMessage convos on the regular as of late with nothing to really complain about. 

• Reply 33 of 51
    irelandireland Posts: 17,799member

I dislike a lot the delayed scrolling and bouncing in iMessage in iOS 7.

• Reply 34 of 51
    pj19pj19 Posts: 1member
    It's more than a fraction, some people just deal with it until there's a fix.
  • Reply 35 of 51
    tenlytenly Posts: 710member
    nkhm wrote: »

Unless you know more than 2 million IOS users, your comment is anecdotal and worthless.
  • Reply 36 of 51

Weird. It's not happening to my wife and I at all.

iMessage is working better than it did under iOS 6.

• Reply 37 of 51

I sent a couple of iMessages to my wife yesterday on my iPhone 5 and I noticed the progress bar still hadn't gone all the way across 30 minutes later.  Subsequent attempts failed too.  I ended up just tapping and holding on the message and then selecting Send As Text.  That's an OK workaround for phone-to-phone messaging, but it doesn't help iPads or Macs.

• Reply 38 of 51
    my iphone 4 having no problem with ios 7
    its an amazing but a little bit slow while making comment i,e keypad problem i have 7.0.2
  • Reply 39 of 51

There's an episode of the Simpsons where Lisa's class visits a newspaper factory.  The students are told each newspaper contains a certain percentage or recycled material.  Lisa astutely asks what percent.  The tour guide replies, "Zero is a percent."  It's been a running gag between me and my wife for some time now.  It's important to remember that the opposite is true - 100 is also a percent, as is everything in between.

When I first read this statement, I took a fraction of a percent to mean a fraction of 1%.  However, the wording is unclear.  A fraction of a percent could be 1/4 of 1%, or it could be 9/10 of 100%.  Obviously, I'm not implying 90% of users are having this issue, and I don't think the point of this statement was to mislead the public.  It's just a reminder that word choice is important.

p.s. - My wife is having this issues, but I don't know of anyone else (myself included).

• Reply 40 of 51

So far this fix has worked for me.  Fingers crossed until the next update.