iCal -> iPod problems

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I'm loving iSync right now and iCal is nice as a calendar app in v1 goes, but I'm having some difficulty with it. I've got some repeating appointments that have occasional exceptions. If I've got a repeating appointment at, say Mondays at 2pm, but one week it's going to be Monday at 11, it shows up both at 11 and at 2 on my iPod. In iCal it shows up just once.

I think it may be a bug and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced it. If you're using iCal, iSync and an iPod, could you check to see whether dragging an appointment to reschedule rather than changing it manually makes it double up on your iPod? I think that if I change it through the get info window, it doesn't double on my iPod, but I'm not 100% sure. I'll file a bug report if I get some corroboration. Thanks.

-t

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Try opening your iPod's "Calendars" folder. Make sure you don't have duplicate calendars. Sometimes it will display the calendars strangely if there is more than one of the same calendar. If not, then maybe it's a problem with iSync. Then, contact Apple.

-CT
  • Reply 2 of 2
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    [quote]Originally posted by Cosmic Trigger:

<strong>Try opening your iPod's "Calendars" folder. Make sure you don't have duplicate calendars. Sometimes it will display the calendars strangely if there is more than one of the same calendar. If not, then maybe it's a problem with iSync. Then, contact Apple.

-CT</strong><hr></blockquote>

I thought that was the problem at first, but I checked and it's not that. Thanks for the suggestion, though. And I did send in a bug report. Hopefully, it'll get fixed soon. Nothing sucks like thinking that you've double booked an appointment time or forgot about one completely...