Poor Windows 8, Surface RT performance means pay cut for Ballmer

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 49
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TBell View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Macboy Pro View Post

Wonder how he will pay his mortgage now? It's a shame.

With about 44 million a year coming in on the 408 million shares of stock he owns, I think he will somehow survive. 

He should sell those shares ASAP.

• Reply 42 of 49
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member

If he thinks he is as good as anything Apple does or Steve did, he should get Steve's pay check. I think it was $1 per year up to the last day he was there.

• Reply 43 of 49
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    Sure, but for the 'home' part, the guys with Dell machines are still stuck with Windows. With an MBP, all my personal work is on OS X.

Oops, didn't think of that possibility. Yeah, that's not even an option then.

Upgrade is really needed? What's the incentive?
  • Reply 44 of 49
    Quote:Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Ballmer shocked the tech world some weeks ago by announcing that he will leave Microsoft within the next year, and the company's search for a successor is ongoing.

Shocked? wrong adjective, try "pleased", nearer to the mark

• Reply 45 of 49
    Originally Posted by sarges View Post

Shocked? wrong adjective, try "pleased", nearer to the mark

Pleased? Microsoft might actually put someone competent in charge. We don’t want that!

• Reply 46 of 49
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    <span style="line-height:1.4em;">Shocked? wrong adjective, try "pleased", nearer to the mark</span>

Pleased? Microsoft might actually put someone competent in charge. We don’t want that!

Indeed, we'd never be able to adjust. Besides, it's not in their DNA anyway.
  • Reply 47 of 49
    woodlinkwoodlink Posts: 198member

Microsoft will go down as the Woolworth's of technology. 

• Reply 48 of 49
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member
    I'm sure the man will survive. He will sit pretty for the rest of his life and want for nothing that money can buy.
  • Reply 49 of 49
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member

I'm still baffled as to why Microsoft is continuing on with Windows RT. Hasn't every manufacturer except Dell dropped it from their lineup. The new Surface Pro 2 is pretty cool though, great value when compared to a iPad 128GB. The Surface Pro 2 costs 900, just a 100 more than the iPad 128GB and includes 200GB of Skydrive space, for 2 years, a 400 dollar gift not only do I find it to be a better service than iCloud but Apple only has a maximum of 55GB and charges 100 dollars for it. On a side note Microsoft gives you 100GB for the same money. I think I will defiantly sell my Lenovo Thinkpad 2 and grab one myself, I actually like Windows 8, especially when a active digitizer is available. Photoshop is extremely enjoyable with a Windows 8 tablet. I use my iPad predominantly for music creation and my Thinkpad tablet for work but now with a powerful i5 processor and 8GB of RAM I will be able to run Ableton Live comfortably on a tablet, exciting prospect to consolidate all of my portable computing into one package. If I can get OSX to run on it like with the Surface Pro 1 than this could be the ultimate gadget for me, triple boot; OSX, WIndows 8 and Ubuntu. I really wish they had an LTE version though, the only thing missing, though using my phones hotspot feature isn't such a big deal.