Data bites dogma: Apple's iOS ate up Android, Blackberry U.S. market share losses this summer

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 114
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    sog35 wrote: »
    Some people are just stuck in the 90's.  Hard to let go of physical media like floppy discs, cd's, thumb drives, ect. 

You don't do Time Machine backups to an external drive?
  • Reply 102 of 114
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

Some people are just stuck in the 90's.  Hard to let go of physical media like floppy discs, cd's, thumb drives, ect. 

You don't do Time Machine backups to an external drive?

Or an iOS backup to iCloud...

You understood him, don't be an ignorant hypocrite.

• Reply 103 of 114
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member

Huh? I don't consider cloud services to be RELIABLE as the sole source for backups of valuable data, nor do I think most others with irreplaceable documents, images, code or artwork do either. How many complaints have you seen of either a cloud service not being available or data stored there inexplicably/accidently gone. What's the advice given to those folks? Keep a local backup on physical media!
  • Reply 104 of 114
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

Huh? I don't consider cloud services to be RELIABLE as the sole source for backups of valuable data, nor do I think most others with irreplaceable documents, images, code or artwork do either. How many complaints have you seen of either a cloud service not being available or data stored there inexplicably/accidently gone. What's the advice given to those folks? Keep a local backup on physical media!

I believe that the chances of a NAS or hard drive failing are bigger than 2 or 3 cloud services failing at the same time.

I store important docs on iCloud and on Dropbox.

Never had a problem. With Hard drives? I had some problems.

Besides, that wasn't the point. SD cards are shit. External batteries? same thing.

If I open my samsung device too many times I break it, really. S3 mini.

Now, If a company like Samsung didn't took 50% of internal storage away from me (for their crappy software) and built the device like it should be built, I would be much happier.

Don't you like Android? Google play is fantastic. Why do you need sd card? What's your device? Don't you use dropbox and Google drive?

More battery life and build quality, faster and a little bigger internal storage, that's what we need. 

• Reply 105 of 114

Gotta appreciate the unflappable consistency of the Apple Beliebers...

• Reply 106 of 114
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by ExternalStorage

Gotta appreciate the unflappable consistency of the Apple Beliebers...

We’d appreciate if you trolls came up with some new material, really. You’re not a comedian; you have no right to ask that the house be spun between each set.

• Reply 107 of 114

Sadly, I have seen failed iPhone home buttons, and they weren't the result of abuse. In my eyes, the home button is the iPhone's weakest link. Hopefully the 5/5S/5C prove more reliable. My 5's home button has made crunchy noises since day 1, but no performance issues so far. I'll most likely exchange it at an Apple Store (2 hours away) before the warranty expires. I've also seen failed power buttons. 

If neither weren't somewhat of a common potential issue, there wouldn't be many how-to articles/videos of what to try/do to remedy the problems for those who own an effected iPhone. 

• Reply 108 of 114
    Man fanboys really drink the Kool-aid. As much as fanboys want to hope iOS7 is Apples Vista. After changing chargers crapping out on maps Apple has lost everything. Its gotten to the point some marketing idiot decided to make promotional iPhone covers until they noticed no one had iPhone 5 nor wanted them. They couldn't give them away. Suck it up Apple blow the mobile market and its never coming back to them.
  • Reply 109 of 114
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    albrown wrote: »
    Man fanboys really drink the Kool-aid. As much as fanboys want to hope iOS7 is Apples Vista. After changing chargers crapping out on maps Apple has lost everything. Its gotten to the point some marketing idiot decided to make promotional iPhone covers until they noticed no one had iPhone 5 nor wanted them. They couldn't give them away. Suck it up Apple blow the mobile market and its never coming back to them.
    Nice first post, troll.
  • Reply 110 of 114
    Originally Posted by albrown

Best I can give you is 0.3/10. Get some new material, shorty.

• Reply 111 of 114
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Best I can give you is 0.3/10. Get some new material, shorty.

I'm having trouble figuring out why you gave him .3.

• Reply 112 of 114
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

I'm having trouble figuring out why you gave him .3.

The sheer audacity to so much as write, “no one had iPhone 5”.

• Reply 113 of 114
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    Ha! I thought because it was more than a one-liner.