Your favorite 'iTunes' radio station?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
The title says it all, what's your favorite station? I have 3 regulars and in this order

1) Radio Paradise (under Alt/Modern Rock)

2) Station 6070s (under Classic Rock)

3) The Wolf (under top 40 Pop)

+ How do I import new stations to place them into respective categories? I'm especially looking for UK based stations

[ 10-06-2002: Message edited by: kelib ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 28
    [quote]Originally posted by kelib:

<strong>+ How do I import new stations to place them into respective categories? I'm especially looking for UK based stations</strong><hr></blockquote>You don't. Apple sets the streams in the Radio section.

You can put your own streams in your library. To manually add a stream, choose Open Stream from the Advanced menu and enter the address. Once in your library, you can put it in your playlists like any other file.
  • Reply 2 of 28
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    1. idobi --under alt (sounded better at 56kpbs, but easier to get on now that it is 24kpbs...hoping they get more bandwidth and can go back to 56 k)

2.kcrw --under public

3. chemlab--under alt

3. Dr Yo--under eclectic

just depends on my mood....g
  • Reply 3 of 28
    tismfutismfu Posts: 76member
    Can anyone get this url to play in iTunes?

<a href="http://www.los40.com/player/new_player40_t_v2.html"; target="_blank">http://www.los40.com/player/new_player40_t_v2.html</a>;

This player is incompatible with seemingly all Mac browsers, including IE 5, Netscape 7, and OmniWeb. I really want it and to have it on iTunes would be nice.

Thanks.
  • Reply 4 of 28
    my favorite was cryosleep. it was great to fall asleep to, unfortunatly, it seems to have dissapeared :/
  • Reply 5 of 28
    1) Hard Rock/Metal - Radiostorm Hardrock

2) Top 40/Pop - Radiostorm pop/top 40

3) Urban - Radiostorm Hip-Hop/R&B

Those are the ones I tend to listen to the most when I am at school or just streaming at home.
  • Reply 6 of 28
    kecksykecksy Posts: 1,002member
    International: Japan-A-Radio
  • Reply 7 of 28
    Bedroom Beats. Hands down.

The coolest chill music I've heard anywhere.
  • Reply 8 of 28
    radioparadise.com satisfies my needs, if you see what I mean

I actually met the guys who are running/owning it. Which was nice. For them

- T.I.
  • Reply 9 of 28
    kelibkelib Posts: 740member
    [quote]Originally posted by The Installer:

<strong>radioparadise.com satisfies my needs, if you see what I mean

I actually met the guys who are running/owning it. Which was nice. For them

- T.I.</strong><hr></blockquote>Thanks for introducing RadioParadise to me Installer Know any UK based stations?
  • Reply 10 of 28
    If you'd like an alternative to the "alternative" music out there, check out WOXY in the Alt/Modern Rock category - it's a long time indie station (20+ years I believe) out of Dayton, Ohio (home of Guided by Voices, thank you) that has always played some great, lessor known, as well as some popular, indie/alt rock/pop.

fish
  • Reply 11 of 28
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    massinova.com hands down! 2nd back up, the Music One m1live.com.

Kenneth
  • Reply 12 of 28
    and what is with almost all the stations playing the Danny Bonaduce spot about KISS.....drives me crazy when flipping through stations!
  • Reply 13 of 28
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    <a href="http://www.digitallyimported.com/"; target="_blank">Digitally Imported Radio</a>

Used to listen to XTCRadio, but they were shut down by [DMCA + CARP + RIAA]=Big-ass evil company.
  • Reply 14 of 28
    kelibkelib Posts: 740member
    What formats of broadcasting does iTunes support? MP3 only?
  • Reply 15 of 28
    check out Virgin Radio, UK commercial radio station that streams. It does have a few too many ads, but I used to listen to it on FM when I lived in London and it reminds me of home

('Pete & Geoff' 4pm-8pm GMT have the best slot)
  • Reply 16 of 28
    #1 ? Radiostorm Hip-Hop/R&B - Urban

#2 ? RadioStorm Pop/Top 40 - Top 40/Pop

#3 ? Japan-A-Radio - International
  • Reply 16 of 28
    Well, it used to be

<a href="http://floydradio.org"; target="_blank">http://floydradio.org</a>;

under Classic Rock, but floydman has since had to pull it due to financial concerns. However, he does provide Pink Floyd bootlegs (as well as Grateful Dead) and videos for download. Check it out at the mentioned url, the instructions and IP address of his FTP site are there. The selection changes every two weeks. This guy has A LOT of music.

Now, I don't listen to internet radio at all. Gonna check out what's been mentioned here, though.

(tig)

[ 10-25-2002: Message edited by: The Grimace ]</p>
  • Reply 18 of 28
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    ? SomaFM to the death ! (try .com)
  • Reply 19 of 28
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Music One in Electronica!!!!!!!!!! They disappeared for a while...EuroDance and Trance are ok when Music One is being crappy. I can't stand anything below 128 quality.
  • Reply 20 of 28
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Why haven't radio stations switched over to MP4 if it can have the same quality at half the bandwith??? It's really annoying me how MP4 isn't going anywhere