Apple's iPhone 5s & 5c set to launch in more than 50 new locales by Nov. 1

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
A total of 35 new countries and territories ??including Italy, Russia and Spain ? will gain access to Apple's latest iPhones on Oct. 25, while 16 more will see the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c debut on Nov. 1.

iPhones

Apple announced expanded international availability of the new iPhones on Wednesday, bringing the devices to a total of 51 new locales by the start of November. The full list of countries set to receive the handsets on Oct. 25 are:
  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • Bulgaria
  • Croatia
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • Estonia
  • Finland
  • French West Indies
  • Greece
  • Hungary
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Latvia
  • Liechtenstein
  • Lithuania
  • Luxembourg
  • Macau
  • Malta
  • Netherlands
  • New Zealand
  • Norway
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Reunion Island
  • Romania
  • Russia
  • Slovakia
  • Slovenia
  • South Korea
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • Taiwan
  • Thailand
Following that, Apple's Nov. 1 launch will bring the iPhone 5s and the iPhone 5c to the following additional locations:
  • Albania
  • Armenia
  • Bahrain
  • Colombia
  • El Salvador
  • Guam
  • Guatemala
  • India
  • Macedonia
  • Malaysia
  • Mexico
  • Moldova
  • Montenegro
  • Saudi Arabia
  • Turkey
  • UAE
When both new iPhones first went on sale last month, they were available in a total of 11 countries: The U.S., Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Puerto Rico, Singapore and the U.K. This year's iPhone launch marked the first time Apple made its new handsets available in China on day one.

Though the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c were available in more countries on launch day, Apple's rollout schedule for 2013 has not been as aggressive as the company was last year for the debut of the iPhone 5. Many of the countries set to receive the new iPhones by Nov. 1 had access to the iPhone 5 by the end of September last year.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 47
    blackbookblackbook Posts: 1,361member

world domination

• Reply 2 of 47
    akqiesakqies Posts: 768member
    It's too bad nobody wants these overpriced phones with gimmicky 64-bit chips and lacking needed feature like external PS/2 ports for mice/keyboards and SD cards. [COLOR=white][SIZE=0]I'm not going to use a sarcasm tag. If you can't tell that's sarcasm with a comment about PS/2 mice then you need help.[/SIZE][/COLOR]
  • Reply 3 of 47

Some of the country names I am hearing for the first time. :err:

• Reply 4 of 47
    And yet still not at US Cellular.
  • Reply 5 of 47

Apple doesn't have enough supply now of the 5s, what happens after this rollout?

• Reply 6 of 47
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    braeburned wrote: »
    And yet still not at US Cellular.

Never heard of that country.
    akqies wrote: »
    It's too bad nobody wants these overpriced phones with gimmicky 64-bit chips and lacking needed feature like external PS/2 ports for mice/keyboards and SD cards. I'm not going to use a sarcasm tag. If you can't tell that's sarcasm with a comment about PS/2 mice then you need help.

It also doesn't have a keyboard h ch means it's not a very good email machine. And this color scheme has got to stop¡
  • Reply 7 of 47
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    Apple doesn't have enough supply now of the 5s, what happens after this rollout?

I presume the same thing that happens during the rollout; they'll keep on making more. Really, I don't understand the question...
  • Reply 8 of 47
    Ireland! Yay!::D
  • Reply 9 of 47
    herbapouherbapou Posts: 2,228member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Chandra69 View Post

Some of the country names I am hearing for the first time. :err:

I had to go search for Moldova, first time I ever heard of it.

• Reply 10 of 47
    reydnreydn Posts: 73member
    It's too bad nobody wants these overpriced phones with gimmicky 64-bit chips and lacking needed feature like external PS/2 ports for mice/keyboards and SD cards. I'm not going to use a sarcasm tag. If you can't tell that's sarcasm with a comment about PS/2 mice then you need help.
    Lololol!

Apple is going to have a shortage of Touch ID sensors for months - thanks to these launches and the new iPads. I've just got to make sure I stay up late when iPad orders open up ... Maybe even make a dry run just so I know I can complete the order in less than 30 minutes lol!
  • Reply 11 of 47
    tokoloshtokolosh Posts: 101member

People will keep trying until a phone is available. Most buyers are not without a current phone and I assume that if they've decided on this device they will keep trying until stock is sufficient.

I've been watching stock for the last week so I can upgrade my wife's phone. Seems that the 16gbs are coming in to the Apple Stores and third party retailers pretty well but the 32 and 64 are a bit harder to find. Each store I've been to has had a 16gb 5s but I haven't yet found a 32gb device in stock.

• Reply 12 of 47
    rolyroly Posts: 74member
    I currently live in Thailand so it's good to see it'll be released here soon. You can already get them as grey imports in Bangkok for more than double the official price...crazy what some people will pay.

Make mine a slate grey 32 GB please! I wonder if the locals will especially lust after the gold model. I'm guessing so...there are gold shops everywhere here and it's definitely a sign of wealth....

Strange that some people haven't heard of Moldova. Mind you, most Europeans haven't either and it's almost in our backyard. :-)
  • Reply 13 of 47
    zabazaba Posts: 226member
    The world is full of nobody's
  • Reply 14 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

I presume the same thing that happens during the rollout; they'll keep on making more. Really, I don't understand the question...

Well, let me help you.

"Hi! Here's the new iPhone 5s. We're selling it in your country now!"

"Great! I'll take one!"

"I said we're selling it now. I didn't say we had any."

... or better yet...

"I ordered my phone 3 weeks ago but it hasn't arrived."

"Sorry, sir, we sold your phone to a guy in Moldova."

• Reply 15 of 47
    murmanmurman Posts: 159member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by herbapou View Post

I had to go search for Moldova, first time I ever heard of it.

Don't you know, similar to Sweetstovia is where there's lots of sweets everywhere, Moldova is where theres lots of mold everywhere, its the mold kingdom, McDonolds' there have McMoldy, a delicious mold burger made with mold, chicken fat and grounded cigarette butt patty. Anybody from Moldova read AI?

• Reply 16 of 47
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    More countries to channel stuff since no one is buying them. :)
  • Reply 17 of 47

They left South Africa out :???:

• Reply 18 of 47

Yeah … Italy coming up. :)

iPhone5s is going to be a nice upgrade form iP4.

What I still could not make my mind up is the iPad: mini or regular; or the MBA?

• Reply 19 of 47
    murmanmurman Posts: 159member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Well, let me help you.

"Hi! Here's the new iPhone 5s. We're selling it in your country now!"

"Great! I'll take one!"

"I said we're selling it now. I didn't say we had any."

... or better yet...

"I ordered my phone 3 weeks ago but it hasn't arrived."

"Sorry, sir, we sold your phone to a guy in Moldova."

See Apple online store for any of these countries, like this one:

http://store.apple.com/nz/iphone

Only the 4S is sold, its been like this since 5s was released.

• Reply 20 of 47
    Quote:

Originally Posted by murman View Post

See Apple online store for any of these countries, like this one:

http://store.apple.com/nz/iphone

Only the 4S is sold, its been like this since 5s was released.

Huh?