Apple Store reopening in Nanuet, NY draws cheering fans

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Apple's newly relocated retail store in Nanuet, N.Y., reopened Thursday morning, drawing a crowd of cheering enthusiasts who were there for the festivities.

Retail
Credit: AppleInsider reader Ryan.

AppleInsider reader Ryan was on-hand for the store's grand reopening, where a line of people waited for the doors to open. When the store opened at 10 a.m., customers were greeted by cheering Apple Store employees clad in blue shirts.

The first 1,000 customers who attended the event were given a free commemorative Apple t-shirt.

The latest Apple Store is part of The Shops at Nanuet, a new mall that also opened to the public on Thursday on Route 59. Previously, the Apple Store was located at Palisades.

Retail

Retail

In other retail news, Apple's first store in Turkey is reportedly set to open in January of 2014. A new store over 20,000 square feet in size is apparently set to open in Instanbul's Zorlu Center, between existing stores owned by Burberry and Louis Vutton.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    In other retail news, Apple's first store in Turkey is <a href="http://www.macrumors.com/2013/10/10/apple-set-to-open-first-turkish-retail-store-in-january-2014/">reportedly set to open</a> in January of 2014. A new store over 20,000 square feet in size is apparently set to open in Instanbul's Zorlu Center, between existing stores owned by Burberry and Louis Vutton.

That links gave me a funny first poster:

"This Mustafa been a long project"

Personally I'd like it better if they would've opened in Kanyon. Not that I'm visiting often, that is.

edit: good article here, on: Apple's "momentum has slowed down" says Apple Store designer.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    ok, that happened.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Microsoft draws cheering crowds like this when they close a store...
  • Reply 4 of 9
    focherfocher Posts: 687member

I live pretty close and will likely visit at some point. However, I don't get one think in this area - open shopping centers. We have cold winters, and the open air shopping malls make no sense to me. Yet they are as prevalent here as they are in southern California, where they actually make sense.

• Reply 5 of 9
    Meanwhile, in a vacant lot nearby, local ubergeeks slouched around muttering what sounded like "iSheeple. Crapple. PCMasterRace." while lamenting society's inability to recognize them as the pinnacle of all evolution. Police chased the geeks away after the latter attempted to construct an effigy of a giant penguin from soda cans, chip bags and their own wastes.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Quote:

Originally Posted by focher View Post

I live pretty close and will likely visit at some point. However, I don't get one think in this area - open shopping centers. We have cold winters, and the open air shopping malls make no sense to me. Yet they are as prevalent here as they are in southern California, where they actually make sense.

It's called manning up. bucko!

Laugh at the frigid tentacles of winter. LAUGH!

• Reply 7 of 9

Quote:

Apple Store reopening in Nanuet, NY draws cheering fans

Quote:

When the store opened at 10 a.m., customers were greeted by cheering Apple Store employees clad in blue shirts.

Forgive me, but it's a different thing when an employee cheers, than when a customer cheers.  Nowhere in the article did it actually say that those cheering included customers.

Quote:

...drawing a crowd of cheering enthusiasts who were there for the festivities.

Apparently enthusiastic employees.

• Reply 8 of 9
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    I think customers come for the festivities and employees come to work.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    I was there. Customers also cheered as they entered the store. Nice to see all the former Palisades employees at the new, bigger store (and one that is more convenient for me!).