Apple releases OS X 10.9 Mavericks Golden Master to developers

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 84
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Why, when I’m not talking about OS X at all? It can use whatever numbers it wants: I’m talking about what comes after it.

Listen up, no one is or has to be inside your mind. When you answer to a user comment about next versions of OS X by just quoting "OS XI" without adding a single word, you imply that you too talk about OS X. And as of now, the rumor says OS X v10.10 after Mavericks (which is OS X v10.9).

Also, I don't see the meaning of the second part of your post. What do you mean when you first quote "OS XI" and then that this refers to "what comes after"?

• Reply 82 of 84
    Originally Posted by PB View Post

When you answer to a user comment about next versions of OS X by just quoting "OS XI" without adding a single word, you imply that you too talk about OS X.

By saying OS XI, I’m explicitly not talking about OS X, because he isn’t, either. The UX update that makes the desktop multitouch won’t be an OS X-based update. The Macintosh didn’t run the Apple ][’s software when it was released, after all. 

Also, I don't see the meaning of the second part of your post. What do you mean when you first quote "OS XI" and then that this refers to "what comes after"?

What comes after in the development sense. OS X will be iterated further, sure. I’m pretty confident that the next one will be versioned 10.10. But if we’re talking about the full-on UX update that ends the Macintosh line, that’s something else entirely.

• Reply 83 of 84

I'm a bit nervous about this. I've been running the Gold Master version on my MacBook Pro 2011 for about 3 days, and I've had non-stop kernel panics. I've been trying to figure out the trigger, but it's happening all over the place. Playing music seems to be a big one though!

• Reply 84 of 84
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    jamesmcd wrote: »
    I'm a bit nervous about this. I've been running the Gold Master version on my MacBook Pro 2011 for about 3 days, and I've had non-stop kernel panics. I've been trying to figure out the trigger, but it's happening all over the place. Playing music seems to be a big one though!

The Stones' Start Me Up?