Apple expected to introduce redesigned Smart Cover alongside slimmer 5th-gen iPad

Comments

• Reply 21 of 45

Dear, AKQIES ASFFASDOJFHSDGLSDGKBDGV.

1. Blah blah blah. Eat it.

2. Nope, design is just fine. Much better than your stupid form factor. Like fear factor with your boyfriend Joe Rogan. He's also much smarter than anyone here so far.

PS - No need to beg. You're what dumb people think smart people sound like. I know it's hard for anyone here to tell the difference.

LULLLLLLLLZ.

• Reply 22 of 45
    akqiesakqies Posts: 768member
    I'm quoting the words of someone not only claiming but also trying to prove he's smarter than everyone on this thread.
    zafdingbat wrote: »
    […]

ZOMGZ BURN. ROTFL. LMNOP.

Double LULZ.

[…]

Dear, AKQIES ASFFASDOJFHSDGLSDGKBDGV.

1. Blah blah blah. Eat it.

[…]

LULLLLLLLLZ.
  • Reply 23 of 45
    I love my Smart Case on my iPad 3, hoping they make a Smart Case for the mini. Not interested in the Smart Cover at all...
  • Reply 24 of 45

Quote this:

LMFAO. LOLZ. ZOMG. 

This is more fun than I've had since Akqies and I had our last fear factor viewing party.

• Reply 25 of 45
    nagrommenagromme Posts: 2,834member
    "Essentially, if you own a case for prior versions of the iPad, you will need to buy a new case for the iPad 5."

I want a job where I get paid to be that much of a genius :)

P.S. When I hear "form factor" I think general dimensions and proportions. The new iPad could have had a new mini-like design and the SAME old form factor (like iPad 1 to iPad 2, more or less).

But it's not. It's a different design AND form factor.

(Personally I'd be more likely to use "form factor" in an even more general sense; like iPod Touch vs iPad.)
  • Reply 26 of 45
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    makingdots wrote: »

The mini cover doesn't have a metallic hinge. Why would Apple go back to that?
  • Reply 27 of 45
    ingelaingela Posts: 217member
    ...and here I thought they would have used the same exact smart cover on a new smaller device.
  • Reply 28 of 45
    Brian White and Gene Munster have the two worst track records on predicting earnings, new products etc. this is fact not my opinion!!
    Take anything these guys say with a grain of salt as it usually is worthless
  • Reply 29 of 45
    Quote:

Originally Posted by boeyc15 View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by zafdingbat View Post

STOP USING THE WORD FORM FACTOR WHEN YOU MEAN DESIGN. IT HAS A THINNER DESIGN. Form factor is a made up garbage description that doesn't mean anything. At all. Design. Say what you mean instead of trying to "sound smart". Trust me, everyone will know what you mean by thinner "design". I promise.

I for one have my credit card ready for the new FORM FACTOR ipad.

Ditto!

• Reply 30 of 45
    dcj001dcj001 Posts: 301member
    Quote:

STOP USING THE WORD FORM FACTOR WHEN YOU MEAN DESIGN. IT HAS A THINNER DESIGN. Form factor is a made up garbage description that doesn't mean anything. At all. Design. Say what you mean instead of trying to "sound smart". Trust me, everyone will know what you mean by thinner "design". I promise.

FYI: "Form factor" is two words, not one.

• Reply 31 of 45
    Originally Posted by zafdingbat

Form factor is a made up garbage description that doesn't mean anything. At all.

Originally Posted by zafdingbat

Buzzwords

Oh, you mean like:

Originally Posted by zafdingbat

…BURN… …FLAME… …BLAH… …LULZ.

…dumdum… …ZOMGZ… …ROTFL…

…PS…

LMFAO.

Want the origins of each of those, or can we just agree that you’re clinically intellectually challenged, ban you, and move on from your pathetic tirade?

• Reply 32 of 45
    I expect him to retreat into the shadows, lay low for a while until this embarrassment blows over. They'll be back. They always come back.
  • Reply 33 of 45
    jd_in_sbjd_in_sb Posts: 1,600member
    Quote:

Blah blah blah. It means design. I don't give two craps what wikipedia says. Why don't you write a white paper about it. Or purple paper. Check the calculus and make sure the optics are right. Buzzwords are killing the english language. But you're right, if you read it on the internet (wikipedia) it must be so. 

Put that in your form factor! 

Get a life

• Reply 34 of 45
    conrailconrail Posts: 489member
    Quote:

oh, please.  You just don't want it to be associated with the phrase "form over function"

• Reply 35 of 45
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

All you guys are actually responding to a poster with dingbat in his user name. image

Well that just means he/she is a fan of a certain font.... hardly extraordinary here in nerdland.

http://www.fonts.com/font/itc/itc-zapf-dingbats

Granted, major lost points for misspelling Zapf

• Reply 36 of 45
    I did misspell it. Aw, shucks. Well, that just invalidates everything I wrote. That being said, I've made some truly great friends today. Thanks for all the insight. Don't ever stop being the same great people you are.
  • Reply 37 of 45
    Quote:

Get some sleep, Bro! :)

• Reply 38 of 45
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    …BURN… …FLAME… …BLAH… …LULZ.
    …dumdum… …ZOMGZ… …ROTFL…
    …PS…
    LMFAO.

Want the origins of each of those, or can we just agree that you’re clinically intellectually challenged, ban you, and move on from your pathetic tirade?

Boyz will be boyz.
  • Reply 39 of 45
    Doesn't apple have so many patents for the cover; like a built in keyboard, built in touch screen, who knows, camera mics and battery's could be built in, all leading to awesome accessory with awesome device. I hope it has high specs this year
  • Reply 40 of 45
    Guys, zafdingbat is leading an intelligent, meaning discussion here. Listen up.

Meanwhile, the press invite Apple sent out 20 minutes ago did mention "cover". I'd take that as another hint.