Wi-Fi syncing, new Web browser options added in '1Password' for iOS update

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Following the recent release of 1Password 4 for Mac, developer AgileBits on Monday released an accompanying point update for the iOS version of its popular password storage and digital wallet software, restoring features like Wi-Fi syncing and fixing multiple compatibility issues.

1Password

With today's update, 1Password for iOS hit version 4.3, bringing a host of bug fixes, a new Web browser selection feature and better compatibility with the app's Mac client.

One of the most substantial additions is the ability to change the built-in browser's user-agent from the default "1Browser" to Safari, Chrome or Firefox. The new option is meant to help users having trouble with webpages or sites that may not load when opened from within 1Password.

Among the fixes is restored Wi-Fi syncing between the iOS and Mac versions of the app. When AgileBits released 1Password 4 for Mac last week, cross-platform syncing was deactivated, limiting users to hardwired data transfer or cloud-based methods via Dropbox and iCloud. Along with the return of Wi-Fi syncs, custom icons added to saved passwords on the Mac version now appear correctly with 1Password for iOS.

As for iOS 7 support, the latest app version brings improved initial iCloud sync performance, faster search speeds and the ability to receive diagnostic information in the form of an email.

Bug fixes account for most of the changes made to 1Password, however, and include:
  • Fixed visual issues with search results on iOS 7.
  • Fixed bug that where 1Password process did not terminate after Erase Data.
  • Fixed problem where iCloud sync did not start automatically on the initial launch.
  • Fixed bug where it was not possible to change the name of an item.
  • Fixed sorting and indentation of folders when viewing them in the popover.
  • Fixed crash when using voice over and generate password.
  • Fixed crash when syncing with Dropbox.
  • Fixed problem where sync status would always be shown at the very beginning for a few seconds when switching to the settings view.
1Password for iOS version 4.3 comes in at 24.8MB and can be purchased for $17.99 from the App Store. Existing users can download the app for free.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 20

No affiliation: This is one of the best apps I've bought. It really keeps my PW's organized and easy to access on my devices.

• Reply 2 of 20
    jkichlinejkichline Posts: 1,369member
    Hey my app has been updated to fix incompatibility issues too. How is this news? Every app is dealing with the fallout of iOS 7.
  • Reply 3 of 20
    @ jkichline

Except no one actually wants your app, I think that's the difference...
  • Reply 4 of 20

It's in the top ten iPad music apps. OnSong.

• Reply 5 of 20

A few hundred thousands people would beg to differ with you.

• Reply 6 of 20

See, the road train that is Mavericks is coming up swiftly in the rear view mirror. This is their last hurrah before being run over.

• Reply 7 of 20
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member

All we need now is from Apple to release an API that allow us to unlock 1Password (and other apps with passwords) using Touch ID. I love 1Password but I hate typing my LONG password every I need to use it.

• Reply 8 of 20

Syncing Items ....

Syncing Items ....

Syncing Items ....

Syncing Items ....

Syncing Items ....

Syncing Items ....

24 hours later ...

Syncing Items ....

Syncing Items ....

Syncing Items ....

Syncing Items ....

Syncing Items ....

Syncing Items ....

Hoppfully one day these guys actually fix all this shit!

• Reply 9 of 20

Ha ha.  You mean 1Password is actually worse than Evernote's IOS 7 train wreck.  That's impressive.

• Reply 11 of 20
    Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

All we need now is from Apple to release an API that allow us to unlock 1Password (and other apps with passwords) using Touch ID. I love 1Password but I hate typing my LONG password every I need to use it.

Or just use Apple’s own password system.

• Reply 12 of 20
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Or just use Apple’s own password system.

What password system? Do you mean iCloud Keychain syncing? it was removed from iOS 7 public release.

• Reply 13 of 20

What password system? Do you mean iCloud Keychain syncing? it was removed from iOS 7 public release.

Yep, the one that will be turned back on in the next two weeks and sync across all of Apple’s things, yep. 

• Reply 14 of 20
    Quote:

Yep, the one that will be turned back on in the next two weeks and sync across all of Apple’s things, yep. 

Yep. The one that don't exist yet and can't use it until it is turned back on. So yep.. I have been using 1Password for years now and will keep using it (across Apple things and more).

• Reply 15 of 20

Yep. The one that don't exist yet and can't use it until it is turned back on.

Works for me. Right now. And will work the day of Mavericks’ launch. 

You’d put up with crap even when a better solution exists simply because it doesn’t exist right now? Suit yourself; ignorance is bliss.

• Reply 16 of 20
    Quote:

You’d put up with crap even when a better solution exists simply because it doesn’t exist right now? Suit yourself; ignorance is bliss.

So you have iCloud keychain syncing between you Mac running Mountain Lion and iOS 7 devices right now?

Anyways, 1Password is more than just place to save your passwords.

• Reply 17 of 20
    akqiesakqies Posts: 768member

You are using it on OS7 public release right now?

How do you check or edit password/account data, look for duplicate passwords, etc?

Look, no one thinks iCloud Keychain is pointless or gimmicky. It's great Apple has created this built-in solution for the less than vigilant user (which are the majority of users) but those that have willingly paid for 1Password for years now are accustomed to more features, more security, and, frankly, better security options than what iCloud Keychain offers today.
  • Reply 18 of 20

So you have iCloud keychain syncing between you Mac running Mountain Lion and iOS 7 devices right now?

Well, Mavericks.

Anyways, 1Password is more than just place to save your passwords. 

So’s iCloud Keychain.

Originally Posted by akqies View Post

How do you check or edit password/account data, look for duplicate passwords, etc?

Keychain Access, just like you’d do without it.

• Reply 19 of 20
    akqiesakqies Posts: 768member
    Keychain Access, just like you’d do without it.

Where are my CC info stored? How about my security questions and answers? What about all the other useful features? This looks like the same Keychain UI and DB we've had for years.
  • Reply 20 of 20
    @ nasserae

When it comes to fingerprint identification, we're pretty excited to see what the future holds. :) http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/15663/will-1password-work-with-the-iphone-5s-fingerprint...

Cheers,

Megan O'Brien
    AgileBits Support
    learn.agilebits.com