Rumor: Updated MacBook Pros to arrive in late Oct., new Mac Pro in mid Nov.

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Alleged availability dates for some of Apple's anticipated upcoming products were reported on Tuesday, pegging new MacBook Pros to launch in just over a week, with the revamped Mac Pro desktop apparently set to debut in mid November.

MBP

The alleged dates come from French site MacG.co, which believes new 13- and 15-inch MacBook Pros will be available for sale either Oct. 24 or 25. It's expected that Apple's new professional-grade notebooks will feature Intel's latest-generation Haswell processors, which offer significant savings in power consumption, thus improving battery life.

As for the new Mac Pro, which Apple already gave a sneak peek at earlier this year, the site claims that the new desktop will be available for delivery on Nov. 15.

Mac Pro

The site also claims that Apple's fifth-generation iPad and second-generation iPad mini will go on sale either Oct. 30 or 31. It's unclear whether that would be the date orders would begin, or if the devices would be available to physically have in hand.

The iPad dates are somewhat suspect, as Apple traditionally launches new iOS products on Fridays. For example, last year the Wi-Fi-only versions of the first-generation iPad mini and fourth-generation iPad went on sale Nov. 2, on their way to total sales of 3 million total units in the first three days of availability.

Apple is expected to announce dates for multiple new products at a media event anticipated for Oct. 22. With that date just a week away, it's likely that invitations to members of the press will be sent out later today.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 120
    hope the MacPro roll-out isn't a repeat of late 2012 iMac roll-out.....
  • Reply 2 of 120
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    Wishes he could afford a Mac Pro...I'm very curious as to what the price of this awesome Mac will be. I'm sure it will be through the roof and people will whine and complain like they were going to buy one but now aren't. I'm expecting it to be in the $2500+ range.

Remember folks...this is a professional workstation. Its not meant to for normal everyday Mac users like most of us.
  • Reply 3 of 120
    Apple, what the heck are you doing? You really don't care about the Pro market anymore, huh? This new Mac Pro better be worth the wait and it better be VERY well priced.
  • Reply 4 of 120
    So if one of the selling points of the MacPro is that it can swivel around for easy access to its ports, how is one to do that with a huge, rigid, 3-prong power cord hanging off the back?

From experience those power supply cords are not the most cooperative when you want them to stay in any certain position. Seems like you would have to power down and unplug the machine first.
  • Reply 5 of 120
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Windle View Post

Apple, what the heck are you doing? You really don't care about the Pro market anymore, huh? This new Mac Pro better be worth the wait and it better be VERY well priced.

Or else what? Do you think Apple is just sitting on their asses attending to the Mac Pro when they feel like it? I can tell you now its probably not gonna be priced cheap. It not made for people looking for a cheap Mac. If Apple didn't care about the Pro market they wouldn't be making a new Mac Pro, or maybe any Mac Pro for that matter. They wouldn't have Macs like the MacBook Pro, etc. 

I'm sure theres a lot of behind the scenes things going on and getting ironed out that you, nor I think about. Getting production going in a US facility (US Assembled) probably isn't easy. Theres a lot of things to get worked out before it can go into full blown production. I'm thinking they're also trying to get the new version of Final Cut Pro out the door as well so it can ship along side the new MacPro. A lot of stuff going on for a complete and hopefully successful rollout.

• Reply 6 of 120
    dugbugdugbug Posts: 283member

Where are the mac mini rumors?  Man I'm starting to worry I won't see a haswell mini in 2013.

• Reply 7 of 120

Learn to route cables...

• Reply 8 of 120
    Hopefully my (now) 7 month wait for a Haswell rMBP will be over soon. I'll be speccing it out to the max ! Then possibly a week later for a Retina iPad Mini !
  • Reply 9 of 120
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dugbug View Post

Where are the mac mini rumors?  Man I'm starting to worry I won't see a haswell mini in 2013.

I bet this will simply just be released like the iMacs were. You don't need a special event to release an updated Mac mini unless they were going to totally change the form factor of it. You're probably not going to see anything significant as far as speed increases go anyways. Why not just get the current Mac mini?

• Reply 10 of 120
    Aperture...

Please...
  • Reply 11 of 120
    Quote:

Originally Posted by michaeloftroy View Post

So if one of the selling points of the MacPro is that it can swivel around for easy access to its ports, how is one to do that with a huge, rigid, 3-prong power cord hanging off the back?

From experience those power supply cords are not the most cooperative when you want them to stay in any certain position. Seems like you would have to power down and unplug the machine first.

You don't need to spin it 360? to reach the ports. I don't see this as being a big deal. Its not like Apple didn't think about things like this. Most Apple power cords today are very flexible. You'd only need to turn it about 90? to see the ports. If it required powering down the Mac just to turn it, then Apple wouldn't have included it as a feature. 

• Reply 12 of 120
    Ok , That means I need to win the lottery October 22nd so I can replace my ancient G4 tower with a new round MacPro and also replace my cracked ipad3. I figure $10,000 should do the trick, maybe the government will raise my debt limit for Apple purchases... :)
  • Reply 13 of 120
    "This new Mac Pro better be worth the wait" - Peter Windle

Every time Apple updates a design, they do so with a long-eye toward the future. What may seems like a stretch today will be perfect in another two years - give it some time. And don't expect it to be cheap....this is Apple were talking about here....$2500.00 is the entry level price without a display. It's best to not get your hopes up.
  • Reply 14 of 120
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Is there something we don't know about with the MBP's or were they just waiting for Thunderbolt 2? If its just a spec bump why aren't they available now?
  • Reply 15 of 120
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    macxpress wrote: »
    Wishes he could afford a Mac Pro...I'm very curious as to what the price of this awesome Mac will be. I'm sure it will be through the roof and people will whine and complain like they were going to buy one but now aren't. I'm expecting it to be in the $2500+ range.

Remember folks...this is a professional workstation. Its not meant to for normal everyday Mac users like most of us.

I agree on the price; I'm guessing $2750 with a 256 SSD, 8GB RAM and dual W5000.

Hope it won't satisfy your wishes, leaving you to go 'to the other side'.

The power cords that came with all my Mac Pro's have always felt like non erected dicks.
    outpost wrote: »
    Hopefully my (now) 7 month wait for a Haswell rMBP will be over soon. I'll be speccing it out to the max ! Then possibly a week later for a Retina iPad Mini !

Probably making it more costlier than a Mac Pro. But hey, you'll get mobility. And a screen.
  • Reply 16 of 120
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Is there something we don't know about with the MBP's or were they just waiting for Thunderbolt 2? If its just a spec bump why aren't they available now?

Hard to say.  Since the iMac didn't get TB2, I think it's far more likely that the MBP won't get it either, and that TB2 will be exclusive to the MacPro until next year's revisions.

• Reply 17 of 120
    16gb ram haswell 15" rMBP here I come!
  • Reply 18 of 120
    Quote:

There's several things Apple could be waiting on-

1. Release of Mavericks

2. Sufficient supply of the new Intex Xeon chips

3. Thunderbolt 2- which as far as I know isn't anywhere yet

• Reply 19 of 120
    Would the Mac Pro also replace the Mac Mini now that its very small?
  • Reply 20 of 120

This new Mac Pro better

Or you’ll what?

Originally Posted by 11thIndian View Post

1. Release of Mavericks

2. Sufficient supply of the new Intex Xeon chips

3. Thunderbolt 2- which as far as I know isn't anywhere yet

Definitely 2 and 3. I doubt 1 is that important to them.

Originally Posted by Spira View Post

Would the Mac Pro also replace the Mac Mini now that its very small?

Of course not. You don’t replace a $600 computer with one that costs $1,400 more.