iTunes: A Gap where there should be "None"

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I've been downloading some live shows (a series of mp3 files of a concert) and when I want to burn them I wish to have the tracks seamless (no gaps between tracks). So, I went into iTunes Burning Preferences and changed the timing between tracks to "None"...well, I seem to still get a short bit of silence between them...any tricks or tips from the veterans of iTunes as to how to remedy this situation?

Thanks...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    I believe you need to join the tracks somehow. This has been asked several times here before.

Moving to Digital Hub.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    Ooops. Sorry about the mispost. I haven't checked within this topic area yet. Maybe if someone in the know about this issue with iTunes could give me a quick remedy/advice. It should work in theory...maybe because there may be a gap of silence between each track? I don't know about this. These concerts (all legal, mind you) were probably a complete file...then split for downloading purposes...help...thanks...
  • Reply 3 of 6
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    a chunk of help is also <a href="http://forums.appleinsider.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=7&t=002084"; target="_blank">here</a>.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Well, let me re-explain it all....

These tracks were split from a single sound file, then each converted to mp3s and arranged into a compressed folder for downloading. They are, in figurative terms "cut" between tracks. No fade outs, no silent gaps. I want iTunes' "None" preference in Burning to "join" them. But it doesn't seem to work. Is there a solution (within iTunes) or not?

I'm not going to spend time or money for physically joining them. Just want iTunes to do what it should be doing (if it can...it is more or less free...I know).

Thanks again.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    rhoqrhoq Posts: 190member
    The best thing you can do is use Jam to burn your audio CDs. Jam will do exactly what you need it to and each CD will perform exactly as it does in Jam prior to burning it!
  • Reply 6 of 6
    So I guess "None" in iTunes doesn't work... :confused:

I'll try Jam I guess......................