Apple announces Oct. 22 iPad event: 'We still have a lot to cover'

Comments

• Reply 41 of 118
    'We still have a lot to cover'

Maybe Apple is going to fix the HHS.gov website so people can subscribe to insurance coverage from ObamaChaos :D

I'd be first in line to sell my stock if they ever went that route.
  • Reply 42 of 118
    Thicker iPads, great...
  • Reply 43 of 118
    andysol wrote: »

Anyone care to speculate as to if the mini will always lag behind the standard iPad as far as CPU/GPU, display and RAM goes? If there are similar specs vs the screen size I wonder if the price point can be kept where it is...
    I'm guessing we see an A6 and no retina as crazy as that sounds.  I suppose we could see an A6X/Retina- that would be fine too- but I'm hoping for an A7 with Retina- even if that demands a price increase to anywhere between $349-$399.

I am hoping that Apple just jumps head-first into the 64 bit world.  Particularly since iOS 7 is developed for it.  I would be a little disappointed if the mini only had an A6/A6X- although I'd still buy it.

I agree totally that Apple should jump on the 64-bit A7X opportunity for all new iPads and AppleTV. This will give them a year lead, minimum, over the competition... By then, it may be too little, too late!    I hope that the only consideration is A7X price -- not supply constraints.   Apple can afford reduced margins to gain first-to-market advantages.

A7X iPad Minis and A7X AppleTVs could be the breakthrough gaming and content streaming offering that takes AppleTV out of "hobby" status.

'Boom!'
  • Reply 44 of 118
    blackbookblackbook Posts: 1,361member
    So Apple rented out Yerba Buena to unveil.... Smart Covers!
  • Reply 45 of 118
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member
  • Reply 46 of 118
    blackbook wrote: »
    So Apple rented out Yerba Buena to unveil.... Smart Covers!

And on the fashion front, we're announcing the fabulous, flirtatious new Apple SmartyPants. Whether you're on the go, or just spending an afternoon curling up with a good e-book...
  • Reply 47 of 118
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    clayder wrote: »
    hmmm... "cover"? keyboard cover?

Kickstand too- Oh please oh please
  • Reply 48 of 118

"A lot to cover"

I think this refers to they have a lot more pixels to cover for the new retina iPad mini. It could also mean a 12" iPad. It could also mean a new 4K Retina Cinema Display, on and on and on and on......

• Reply 49 of 118
    quinney wrote: »
    We still have a lot to cover

OMGROFLMAO!
  • Reply 50 of 118
    quinney wrote: »

Ahhh... Ughhh...

Brings back memories... As a lad of 16, I went to a strip joint and saw a 5'6" 350 lb woman strip...

It's like a car accident or a fire -- no matter how bad it is, you just can't help watching!

FWIW, the girl looked like the one that is second from the right.
  • Reply 51 of 118

Smart Cover, Retina Display (more pixels), larger iPad (more surface) ....

What will Apple be covering more of?

Perhaps they will be covering more ... products.

• Reply 52 of 118
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    'We still have a lot to cover'

Maybe Apple is going to fix the HHS.gov website so people can subscribe to insurance coverage from ObamaChaos :D

"Can anyone tell me what Obamacare is supposed to do?"
  • Reply 53 of 118

Come on guys, it's obvious. At the WWDC keynote Tim Cook said they had a lot of other stuff they didn't have time to go over.

We all know there's the new iPad, Mini, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro along with the possibility of an Apple TV or iWatch. Having a lot to cover simply means they have a lot of things to show us in terms of number of products.

• Reply 54 of 118
    Here it comes: the 6.5" iPhone 6 with 8-core Exynos and NFC. Also, everything that Ming-Chi Kuo Claus promised us for Xmas /s
  • Reply 55 of 118
    jd_in_sb wrote: »
    Next year will likely see the arrival of a larger iPad. Holding off until then.

The rumor mill has done its job: neutralizing Apple's sales with unsubstantiated future "promises." Now Apple just has to do what the rumor mill posted. Still waiting for the so-called "iPhone Mini" from 2009.
  • Reply 56 of 118
    mubailimubaili Posts: 453member
    "a lot to cover"?
    1. an iCloud update is in the making, maybe we will get 50GB for free, and more to come.
    2. iPad would have more pixels?
    exciting. iPad 5th gen, iPad mini 2, and MacBook Pro are all I want for this holiday season.
  • Reply 57 of 118
    I think "a lot" could mean a larger sized iPad, or just that they have more than iPads to cover, which aligns with Cook's comments on a new product category coming this fall. I think the leaves along with "cover" indicate that they may introduce a smart cover that recharges the iPad via solar power, perhaps using induction, but most likely not due to the lack of efficiency.
  • Reply 58 of 118
    As far as the fingerprint ID tech, being that you could use the iPad in either mode (vs a phone which tends to be portrait) the tech would have to be able to recognize your print from all four angles. I'm sure if they include the sensor on the iPad it WILL be smart enough to do this.

You do realize that Touch ID on the iPhone 5s works in any direction right? Why wouldn't it work the same on the iPad?
  • Reply 59 of 118
    malaxmalax Posts: 1,598member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by EricTheHalfBee View Post

Come on guys, it's obvious. At the WWDC keynote Tim Cook said they had a lot of other stuff they didn't have time to go over.

We all know there's the new iPad, Mini, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro along with the possibility of an Apple TV or iWatch. Having a lot to cover simply means they have a lot of things to show us in terms of number of products.

Exactly.  It means they won't just be showing off one new product.  If (which I doubt) any kind of actual cover is featured as the highlight we've got a real problem.

The could have announced "we've got a grab bag of random announcements to make" but that didn't fit on the invitation.

• Reply 60 of 118
    Quote:

Originally Posted by quinney View Post

Gahhhh!!!! Can't unsee!!!!