Apple announces Oct. 22 iPad event: 'We still have a lot to cover'

Comments

• Reply 81 of 118
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    iCondoms?
  • Reply 82 of 118
    Hi everyone! New here.

I long for a MacBook Pro Retina with Wi-Fi /ac-standard an 16 Gb RAM in the 13" model.

I also wish Apple would release iPad Mini with Retina and with European LTE-bands (like they did with 5S and 5C). Hopefully with AX7 processor and Tounch ID.

I work a lot with photos and love my Retina Mac / but what about the pixels in all other Mac sreens? They suck. And what anout /ac-standard i Mac, execpt from Air and Time Capsule who already has that?

Gets 1000 Mbit/s down at home and have a new TC.
  • Reply 83 of 118
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bobborries View Post

You know Steve Balmer?

No.

• Reply 84 of 118
    The big deal here is that Apple Insider finally has an invitation to an Apple event.. Hat tip to all of the journalists that write these articles. Glad to see you will FINALLY be attending.
  • Reply 85 of 118

Oh My!

just looking for hidden visual clues

• Reply 86 of 118

This edit PROVES it’s photoshopped. FAKE!

Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Last years event was 'we've got a little more to show you': That was for the iPad mini. This event could have a larger iPad but it doesn't seem very likely to me.

So since this year is “We have a lot to cover”, that must mean the iPad much is imminent!

• Reply 87 of 118
    splifsplif Posts: 603member
    I think the shape you keep referring to as a stem is a leaf.
  • Reply 88 of 118
    dunksdunks Posts: 1,254member
    "A lot" gives me hope that we'll see Mac Pro and Macbook Pro announcements in addition to iPad and OS X Mavericks.
  • Reply 89 of 118
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member

Covers for Color iPad Mini 2? Damn, retina iPad Mini 2 with color poly-carbon back like iPhone 5c would be nice. There's no need for metal chassis for iPad mini imo.

• Reply 90 of 118

I'm guessing "we still have a lot to cover" has multiple meanings.  One of those meanings could be announcing coverage of China Mobile's 750 million customers.  That's my longshot prediction.

• Reply 91 of 118
    22july201322july2013 Posts: 3,573member
    A screen is a cover for a door. Maybe Apple is introducing new video screens.
  • Reply 92 of 118
    Quote:

Originally Posted by quinney View Post

We still have a lot to cover

I just puked... on my puke.

• Reply 93 of 118
    Quote:

Oh My!

just looking for hidden visual clues

Get that logo some toilet paper!

• Reply 94 of 118

AI - Just out of curiosity, wondering why you have that "Appleinsider" watermark laid over the Apple announcement?  Checking other sites, none of them seem to have done that.  I can't conceive of why you would do that, but then what do I know?

• Reply 95 of 118
    jonorom wrote: »
    "A lot to cover"????

Maybe I am out of my mind, or obsessed with this issue, but that sounds a lot like wearables to me. What other reason could they have to use the word cover?

iShoe - half price when purchased in pairs, Bluetooth enabled when paired, shape-shifting sound-activated programmable LED animated colored lights, synchronized vibration alerts, motorized remote controlled retractable rollerblades, motion activated electric power generation and battery, interior temperature controller with air conditioner and heater, electromagnetic breaking for traction on metallic surfaces, iToe input controller
  • Reply 96 of 118
    "A lot to cover"????

Maybe I am out of my mind, or obsessed with this issue, but that sounds a lot like wearables to me. What other reason could they have to use the word cover?

iShoe - half price when purchased in pairs, Bluetooth enabled when paired, shape-shifting sound-activated programmable LED animated colored lights, synchronized vibration alerts, motorized remote controlled retractable rollerblades, motion activated electric power generation and battery, interior temperature controller with air conditioner and heater, electromagnetic breaking for traction on metallic surfaces, iToe input controller
  • Reply 97 of 118
    'We still have a lot to cover'

Campus 2 site update? :D

New format Mac, in form of a coat. (No longer tied to a desk or lap. Just don't get it wet) :lol:

Seriously though, bet it's for all that will be released before Christmas, but not yet shown.
  • Reply 98 of 118
    alienzed wrote: »
    Thicker iPads, great...

Yeah. How'd that work out for Apple? Oh right. The thicker iPad 3, 4 OWNED.
  • Reply 99 of 118
    noivadnoivad Posts: 186member

Doesn’t the author recognize the difference between a leaf and a stem? It is no big deal but, it is pretty obvious that those are not stems and a bit sloppy of them to not know it’s an apple tree leaf. But whatever, I guess next they’ll be saying Apple invented the GUI…

• Reply 100 of 118
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,324moderator
    cpsro wrote: »
    "A lot to cover"????

Maybe I am out of my mind, or obsessed with this issue, but that sounds a lot like wearables to me.
    In that case, Phil Schiller has the most to cover.:p  

"a lot to cover, my ass".
    New iWork software? New GarageBand? New Logic for iPad? New games?

There is quite a lot. They have Mavericks, the new Mac Pro was done already but there is a possibility for new Thunderbolt displays, possibly new Macbook Pros, new iPads, the iOS game controllers. If it's anything like last year, they packed it all into the one event, which is great. It makes a change from the old events where they would just have 1 or 2 things and sometimes nothing you could even buy.