Karaoke in iTunes?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I've seen a filetype in the past that included karaoke lyrics in it, somehow timed to display along with the music. What ARE those things, and do you thing there's a way to play that kind of stuff in iTunes? I mean, when you're drunk you want to sing....right?

Right?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    I *think* the QuickTime Player will display lyrics with songs. I haven't seen such a file in a long time, though.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
    [quote]Originally posted by drewprops:

<strong>I've seen a filetype in the past that included karaoke lyrics in it, somehow timed to display along with the music. What ARE those things, and do you thing there's a way to play that kind of stuff in iTunes? I mean, when you're drunk you want to sing....right?

Right?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Personally, I dun tink it make sense to have karaoke in itunes. You need the MTV to feel the kick. Looking at the itunes graphics dun really make me feel like singing.

Anyway, when I am drunk, I sleep or just utter nonsence. No singing though
  • Reply 3 of 5
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    This could kick ass at parties...
  • Reply 4 of 5
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Yeah, that's what I'M talking about, the Karaoke feature would be KILLER at parties...I wish lyrics were built-into MP3's with timing cues and such. Oh well....
  • Reply 5 of 5
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    there used to be a plugin for soundjam that did this (or was it macast?) of course the lyrics werent timed so you had to space it out yourself... nontheless very cool... it wasnt all that hard to time out either.... i think i dod 2 songs... maybe when i go home i will dig up those old MP3s and boot into 9 to try it....