Comments

• Reply 121 of 162
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Crushing the 4s sales from last year?

Huh?

Where'd you get that from... please.

3 Million sold the opening weekend.  Also- please read the post before mine.

I think this is the first time Apple will give us a breakdown of 5c sold vs the 4s last year- because I think the number is staggering with the reports we've seen so far.  We might not get the unit breakdown, but I think we get a percentage comparison.  Whether this be on the 22nd (most likely) or the quarterly report- I think we see it.  I pray they do it.

• Reply 122 of 162
    dilliodillio Posts: 106member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

The iPhone 5 has virtually identical hardware, fewer color choices, and cost more. It should have been an even bigger flop than the 5c. Guess it wasn't.

iPhone 5 was released a year ago. If they sold it now, at $99, instead of this 5c, that would not have been a flop, you're correct. Time will tell, but even before that, it's just a head-scratcher that Apple thought there was a need do to this to the iPhone 5. I predict it will fail, when the initial release dust settles.

• Reply 123 of 162
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

3 Million sold the opening weekend.  Also- please read the post before mine.

I think this is the first time Apple will give us a breakdown of 5c sold vs the 4s last year- because I think the number is staggering with the reports we've seen so far.  We might not get the unit breakdown, but I think we get a percentage comparison.  Whether this be on the 22nd (most likely) or the quarterly report- I think we see it.

Please... don't use made-up crap to counter posts. It just looks silly.

• Reply 124 of 162
    Originally Posted by dillio

It is a flop because such a phone was even released. Of course some people will buy it only because Apple made it. It is a flop because it looks bad, has bad color choices, and it costs too much. Not the least, it comes with iOS7 (I hope they will improve iOS7 but for now, iOS7 is a flop in my book; too bad I can't switch back to iOS6 until 7.1 or 7.2 comes out)

Okay. You understand nothing. Thank you for telling us. Please refrain from commenting on this topic in the future.

• Reply 125 of 162
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Okay. You understand nothing. Thank you for telling us. Please refrain from commenting on this topic in the future.

I think you could have just quoted the first sentence. That was all that was needed.

Actually... you could have ended it at 'flop'.

• Reply 126 of 162

I think you could have just quoted the first sentence. That was all that was needed. Actually... you could have ended it at 'flop'.

Thought about that, then I figured I’d cover all the bases.

• Reply 127 of 162
    malaxmalax Posts: 1,598member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dillio View Post

Funny how much in denial you people are, about this flop called IPhone 5c. I don't think anyone except Tim Cook and Jony Ive asked for a plastic phone, and in those colors, and at that price. Go ahead with your replies, but it shapes up to be true, as the latest rumors come it (yes, I said rumors, I know they are rumors; not all rumors all all false you know). Apple needs to catch up with the times, and update iOS and the iPhone meaningfully. At least the others are trying, and eventually Apple will copy them (control center anyone, notification center?, next touch-less voice control?) But Apple can do some things now just to catch up with itself: fix iMessage, fix control center so I don't turn my Bluetooth off and on when I try to swipe it back down, sweat those little details, Jony, like you boast in those videos.  And fix the horrible interface and functionality of Podcasts app, for G-d's sake. And update all those skeuomorphic leftover apps already.

You forgot the "/s"

I think we'll all breathe easier if we assume this on every one of dillio's posts.  Then we can say "heh, good one" and move one.

• Reply 128 of 162
    Quote:

Please... don't use made-up crap to counter posts. It just looks silly.

http://allthingsd.com/20131014/iphone-5s-outselling-iphone-5c-two-to-one/?reflink=ATD_yahoo_ticker

2.5 Million on opening weekend.  Compared to ~1.4 Million 4s the previous year for opening weekend.  So yes, over 1 million units sold- or a 75% increase- is "crushing" the previous sales.

Here's your response- "That's just one study".  To which I'll retort- "Let's see one of yours".  Then you'll say "I don't have to- the proof is on you" which translated is: I don't have one.  Then the conversation ends.

Lets just skip to that, huh?

• Reply 129 of 162

• Reply 130 of 162
    Quote:

http://allthingsd.com/20131014/iphone-5s-outselling-iphone-5c-two-to-one/?reflink=ATD_yahoo_ticker

2.5 Million on opening weekend.  Compared to ~1.4 Million 4s the previous year for opening weekend.  So yes, over 1 million units sold- or a 75% increase- is "crushing" the previous sales.

Here's your response- "That's just one study".  To which I'll retort- "Let's see one of yours".  Then you'll say "I don't have to- the proof is on you" which translated is: I don't have one.  Then the conversation ends.

Lets just skip to that, huh?

Again, you are just making up stuff to support your theory.

... and the link has absolutely nothing in it to support your fantasy figures.

Silly.

• Reply 131 of 162
    Quote:

I am not a troll. I am a longtime Apple fan, and lately I've become disappointed with Apple. And I know how to spell. No need to get uptight about one honest spelling mistake. Go back and spell check all of your previous posts, if you have such a passion for it. 

The deal is, I am a big Apple fan, and I'm beginning to question it, and I think many other people are, if it can happen to me. The cult following is beginning to unravel for me, because I realize they're slipping up, and expecting the same kind of price and loyalty. They're not testing any limits anymore. They're not providing practical solutions to problems in an elegant way. They're just catching up to others. In other words, Apple is being anal and stubborn about things which don't count, and slipping up in things that are more important. 

Have fun with Windows!

The problem with people like you is that you create some fantasy in your head of what Apple should be- and you compare their reality to that. Meanwhile, us here in the real world, compare it to everything else out there.  OSX vs Windows.  Really?  iOS vs Windows vs Android.  Again- Really?

Compare them to the competition- not your interpretation of what they should be.

• Reply 132 of 162
    Quote:

Again, you are just making up stuff to support your theory.

... and the link has absolutely nothing in it to support your fantasy figures.

Silly.

So Apple announces that 9 million iPhones sold the first weekend.

9 Million x 27% 5c adoption rate = 2,430,000

Apple announces 6 million iPhones sold the opening weekend of the iPhone 5 last year

6 Million x 23% 4s adoption rate = 1,380,000

2,430,000 - 1,380,000 = 1,050,000 more units sold- or a 75% increase of units.

So what again doesn't support what?

Are you:

A- Terrible at math

B- So set in your ideas you refuse to look at facts

C- Intentionally trying to look like a buffoon

D- All of the above

• Reply 133 of 162
    Quote:

So Apple announces that 9 million iPhones sold the first weekend.

9 Million x 27% 5c adoption rate = 2,430,000

Apple announces 6 million iPhones sold the opening weekend of the iPhone 5 last year

6 Million x 23% 4s adoption rate = 1,380,000

So what again doesn't support what?

Are you:

A- Terrible at math

B- So set in your ideas you refuse to look at facts

C- Intentionally trying to look like a buffoon

D- All of the above

a. the study from your link includes everything until the end of September.

b. the company that did the study had another set of figures for another study last year and in that article we learned that they polled less than 400 people from a pool of just over 6000 people. Any statistics major will tell you that if the same number of people is used for the current study then the margin of error between 23% and 27% is damn near a dead heat.

c. the study from your link is U. S. A. only.

d. educate yourself

Silly.

[ things we absolutely don't know... a. how many 4s units were made and in the channel last year; b. how many 5c units were made and in the channel this year; c. how many 5c units were made for US sales and how many for the rest of the world ]

• Reply 134 of 162

There’s a joke here…

• Reply 135 of 162
    Quote:

Quote:

I am not a troll. I am a longtime Apple fan, and lately I've become disappointed with Apple. And I know how to spell. No need to get uptight about one honest spelling mistake. Go back and spell check all of your previous posts, if you have such a passion for it. 

The deal is, I am a big Apple fan, and I'm beginning to question it, and I think many other people are, if it can happen to me. The cult following is beginning to unravel for me, because I realize they're slipping up, and expecting the same kind of price and loyalty. They're not testing any limits anymore. They're not providing practical solutions to problems in an elegant way. They're just catching up to others. In other words, Apple is being anal and stubborn about things which don't count, and slipping up in things that are more important. 

Have fun with Windows!

The problem with people like you is that you create some fantasy in your head of what Apple should be- and you compare their reality to that. Meanwhile, us here in the real world, compare it to everything else out there.  OSX vs Windows.  Really?  iOS vs Windows vs Android.  Again- Really?

Compare them to the competition- not your interpretation of what they should be.

That fantasy world is created by Apple itself, and those Jony Ive videos. When you set yourself up for perfection, you gotta live up to it, or lower the damn prices.

• Reply 136 of 162

That being said, where's that "Delete my account" button? How do you remove your AI account?

• Reply 137 of 162

That being said, where's that "Delete my account" button? How do you remove your AI account?

We don’t do that. Just stop posting if you want to stop posting.

• Reply 138 of 162
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    dillio wrote: »
    That fantasy world is created by Apple itself, and those Jony Ive videos. When you set yourself up for perfection, you gotta live up to it, or lower the damn prices.

If you aren't buying a 5C, what does it matter to you about the price. Buh-bye.
  • Reply 139 of 162
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

We don’t do that. Just stop posting if you want to stop posting.

No dude, I want out. What do I have to post or how do I have to offend you for you to honor those terms that you reserve the right to remove anyone at will. 

• Reply 140 of 162

No dude, I want out.

It doesn’t happen. They don’t delete accounts. Ever. Just stop posting.