So what are you "planning" on ordering after the October 22nd event?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014

If the rest of you are anything like me you probably spend a big part of the year saving up to buy the stuff that invariably all gets released at the same time of the year.

This year is particularly bad for me, on top of the stuff Apple will be announcing i am getting both new consoles + games, a new camera (Sony DSC-RX100m2) and a new bag to carry all this new stuff around! The waiting is killing me!!!

I will be ordering a new Mac for sure, probably a Haswell 13" rMBP (unless the MP is alot cheaper then i assume it will be) and a new iPad, almost certainly a white LTE iPad 5 with 128GB.

Assuming they come out with a new Apple TV i will be getting one also.

So, what are you planning on ordering after the event on the 22nd?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    bounou wrote: »
    If the rest of you are anything like me you probably spend a big part of the year saving up to buy the stuff that invariably all gets released at the same time of the year.
    Saving is the order of the day, but unfortunately much of those savings go to other projects. It could be until next year before I'm ready to buy.
    This year is particularly bad for me, on top of the stuff Apple will be announcing i am getting both new consoles + games, a new camera (Sony DSC-RX100m2) and a new bag to carry all this new stuff around! The waiting is killing me!!!
    Go for a hike! Really if more trash electronics is causing you so much grief you need to take your mind off the industry.
    I will be ordering a new Mac for sure, probably a Haswell 13" rMBP (unless the MP is alot cheaper then i assume it will be) and a new iPad, almost certainly a white LTE iPad 5 with 128GB.
    Nice send an extra our way.
    Assuming they come out with a new Apple TV i will be getting one also.

So, what are you planning on ordering after the event on the 22nd?

Nothing really is planned. I will be very tempted by an iPad though, I'm actually surprised at my heavy usage of the current one I have. My iPhone is an after thought in comparison. However even an iPad will be hard to jump on right away, there are just too many other high priority things in the fire right now.

I'm extremely interested in what they do with the Mini and the Mac Pro. Again though I don't see myself jumping up and shipping the credit card on the 22nd.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    Quote:

Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post

I'm extremely interested in what they do with the Mini and the Mac Pro. Again though I don't see myself jumping up and shipping the credit card on the 22nd.

Same here actually, i would love to see either a mini with a big boy GPU in it and/or a Mac Pro with consumer grade parts to keep the costs down, a top of line Quad core with a pair of AMD R9 R290X GPU's sounds amazing and would still be in my price range.

Seems to make sense really, can't be the only person who wants something more powerful then an iMac without paying 5 times more money, FirePro GPU's are insanely expensive.

• Reply 3 of 10

I'm very interested in a new Mac Pro as my 2006 model is limping along. This is a definite buy unless the price is outrageously expensive.

I'm also debating upgrading my iPad, which is the original model. Still not sure.

Next Tuesday could be expensive.

• Reply 4 of 10
    Quote:

Originally Posted by OldCodger73 View Post

I'm very interested in a new Mac Pro as my 2006 model is limping along. This is a definite buy unless the price is outrageously expensive.

I'm also debating upgrading my iPad, which is the original model. Still not sure.

Next Tuesday could be expensive.

What's "outrageously expensive" for you? What kind of specs do you want/expect from the new Mac Pro?

• Reply 5 of 10
    winterwinter Posts: 1,238member
    If they have one, a Mac mini, otherwise I won't be getting anything.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member

What improvements would you like if they have a new Mac Mini coming out?

• Reply 7 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bounou View Post

What's "outrageously expensive" for you? What kind of specs do you want/expect from the new Mac Pro?

Perhaps "outrageously" is a poor choice of words as it may mean different things to different people. One would hope, perhaps erroneously, that the price for the entry level Mac Pro will be similar to the old model. If it's above that, then I'll have to decide if it's more than I want to pay. But who knows.

As far as specs, I hope it comes with more than 256GBs of flash storage.

What I find amusing is that the pundits who have done most of the posting  in the Mac Pro threads seem to be tire-kickers not potential buyers.

• Reply 8 of 10
    winterwinter Posts: 1,238member
    marvfox wrote: »
    What improvements would you like if they have a new Mac Mini coming out?

First post you've made that I want to reply to in quite a while.

Nothing too major. Just give me Haswell updates and preferably the processors with Iris and Iris Pro graphics. I would also like SSD storage as standard but I think it is too much to ask at $599. For $799 though I don't think Iris Pro is impossible and then add an additional $200 for a 256 GB SSD.

Who knows?
  • Reply 9 of 10

iPad 5. I've skipped three updates of the iPad, and I'm not getting the iPhone 5s this year.

• Reply 10 of 10

If I can afford it, a nicely set up MacPro with 12 cores.  

Perhaps in my dreams, but no harm done!  We'll know in two days.