Apple begins decorating Yerba Buena Center for Tuesday's iPad event [u]

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
San Francisco's Yerba Buena Center for the Arts is starting to get Apple's traditional promotional window dressing ahead of the company's Oct. 22 iPad event.

iPad event prep

The decoration, seen in a photo by AppleInsider reader David Jones, appears to match Apple's Tuesday invitations for the event, with multicolored "leaves" from Apple's logo scattered in the background. The Yerba Buena Center is one of Apple's most preferred venues for product showcases, having hosted the original iPad's 2010 introduction, among others.

Also spotted was a design schematic depicting the finished layout.

iPad event prep

Apple is expected to unveil a redesigned 9.7-inch iPad featuring a thinner build and narrower bezels around the display alongside a Retina display-equipped iPad mini at the Oct. 22 event. Both devices are rumored to be available in Apple's new gold and space gray color schemes, introduced in September with the iPhone 5s.

The company will also likely show off updates to the next-generation Mac Pro desktop and OS X Mavericks operating system at the event. The new Mac Pro, which Apple will build in the United States, is rumored for a November launch, while Mavericks has already gone golden master and may be released before October is out.

AppleInsider will be on site for Tuesday's event and will bring live coverage alongside hands-on first impressions for any new devices.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 35
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    Funny how it has become the 'iPad event'. In my mind this is the 'Mavericks event'. Not that I have any info but the graphics are different enough from IOS to make me think this is not all IOS related.
  • Reply 2 of 35

I think it's the color palette. Nothing I've seen in Mavericks makes me think that all those pastels are pointing to OS X.

• Reply 3 of 35

I can't wait. The iPads are such a big part of Apple now...

It will be interesting to see what they say about iPods, if anything.

iPods may be addressed closer to Xmas, though.

I would encourage everyone to watch the Keynote....the Keynotes are always interesting. :)

• Reply 4 of 35

When their new Campus 2 presentation centre is built, they should just put LCD displays all over the walls instead of these silly analog posters

• Reply 5 of 35
    I will not bother you with my wishful thinking....
    Would love to have one Mavericks event feat. Re-engineered iWork, iLife as week as rMBP and MacPro. That would be a lot to cover.

Then one iPad update with ios7.1 and iCloud with, for instance, a storage capacity for photostream similar as flickr's (now that would make it a super sticky walled garden).

OK, I did it again .... Sooooo sowwwy
  • Reply 6 of 35
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    brutus009 wrote: »
    I think it's the color palette. Nothing I've seen in Mavericks makes me think that all those pastels are pointing to OS X.

Hmm..those colors don't really look that pastel to me.
  • Reply 7 of 35
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    brutus009 wrote: »

That's a good thing.
  • Reply 8 of 35
    Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Hmm..those colors don't really look that pastel to me.

I think he meant to say iOS. You’re right; the sentence doesn’t make sense this way.

Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

That's a good thing.

A VERY good thing, though Notes is already ruined.

• Reply 9 of 35
    I think the metaphor for the flying leaves has something to do with a new implementation of "wireless-airplay" something. That and the word "cover" makes me think about a patent Apple recently got for their smart covers and wireless charging ecosystem.
  • Reply 10 of 35
    Maybe it will be a iPad Mini retina, plus a iPad mini "C" with last years iPad mini in a plastic colored case.
  • Reply 11 of 35

The leaves also look like different layers covering eachother . Maybe they have made a really good device + app to view the world in desired layers adding info to your world. Although that would be more a google glasses thing maybe.

• Reply 12 of 35
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

I think "Still have a lot to cover" is just what it sounds like. iPads, Mac Pro, MBP, Software, etc. The leaves are just indicating it is an Autumn event.  

• Reply 13 of 35

Mavericks.  Can't wait to see what performance boost it might bring.

Hoping  to see more about the MacPro (doubt it will come in colors, though!).

And don't forget the mini.

With iOS7 (which I cannot stand) as standard now, I am no longer a potential iDevice customer; used to by one or two every year.  That said, I hope the new iPads are great and sell well so that Apple can continue to develop things and maybe I will buy when iOS8 comes out.  Or iOS9.  But perhaps my tastes are getting dated and times will pass me by; that day was sure to come but it might have arrived earlier than I had hoped...

With the money I will save I can trick my MacPro out just a little more.  Yay!

• Reply 14 of 35
    blackbookblackbook Posts: 1,361member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by christopher126 View Post

It's amazing that the iPhone got a small launch on their campus while the iPad gets the Yerba Buena Center in San Francisco. Certainly a sign of the times at Apple (although the iPhone still greatly dwarfs the iPad in profits for Apple).

• Reply 15 of 35
    Originally Posted by blackbook View Post

Its amazing that the iPhone got a small launch on their campus

iPod.

Certainly a sign of the times at Apple

iPhone got MacWorld AND WWDC that year.

• Reply 16 of 35
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    blackbook wrote: »
    It's amazing that the iPhone got a small launch on their campus while the iPad gets the Yerba Buena Center in San Francisco. Certainly a sign of the times at Apple (although the iPhone still greatly dwarfs the iPad in profits for Apple).
    Probably becaus all they were ready to announce was the iPhone. No need for a bigger place if there's only one product to announce. One could say iPhone is still most important because it got an event all to itself whereas the iPad is sharing the stage with Macs and possibly Apple TV.
  • Reply 17 of 35
    jakebjakeb Posts: 562member

"We have a lot more to cover"?

This might be too literal, but I think the "one more thing" is going to be something crazy with the ipad covers. There are already rumors that the hinges aren't the same as before.

• Reply 18 of 35
    For some reason, I'm not buying that this will be an iPad, Mavericks/Mac Pro-only event, it would feel too routine. I think the tag line along with the more colourful than usual invite rather suggests that they want to discuss a large video display, perhaps the long rumoured true Apple TV or a retina iMac?
  • Reply 19 of 35
    Originally Posted by ombra2105 View Post

perhaps the long rumored true Apple TV or a retina iMac?

They’re not making a TV and the iMac was just updated three weeks ago; it can’t get retina now.

• Reply 20 of 35

It will be interesting to see what they say about iPods, if anything.

iPods may be addressed closer to Xmas, though.

I would encourage everyone to watch the Keynote....the Keynotes are always interesting. :)

I'm holding out buying a new iPod Nano to see if they introduce a new one at any point this year. I agree, probably closer to Christmas.

As for iPad, I have a 1st Gen and a 2, I skipped the 3 and 4. I honestly believe Steve Jobs would never have greenlighted those last two, even with a Retina, simply because they were thicker and heavier than their predecessor. That's not like Apple at all and I believe he would have tore up their design and demanded them to "start over and don't come back til you have it right!" I may or may not trade in my 1st Gen for a 5, depending on how good it is. (Never getting rid of my 2) I'll wait for the Keynote.

I fully agree with Christopher126, they are amazing to watch! I have all the ones available on Podcasts and many others saved on my laptop.