iOS 7 seeing slower uptake than Apple's iOS 6 - report

Comments

• Reply 61 of 275
    ipenipen Posts: 410member

Seems like more people are using the wait and see strategy for all the bugs to be fixed.

• Reply 62 of 275
    brlawyer wrote: »
    I am not talking about iTunes 11's "sync/backup" (which probably works in the same way as before); I am talking about
    iTunes 11 itself and the fact that I would be obliged to use it in order to sync/backup an iOS 7 device - a total train wreck and much, much worse than iTunes 10 in virtually every respect, particularly in terms of UI, large library management, album list view, etc. etc. etc. No need to elaborate, just google around. 
    Ever heard of wireless syncing?
  • Reply 63 of 275
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MagMan1979 View Post

Yeah I am, mad at dumb-ass trolls like him who don't get banned quicker for their lack of intellect, integrity, or and common sense.

If people are banned for lack of intellect, this would be a small forum.

• Reply 64 of 275
    clemynxclemynx Posts: 1,552member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dickprinter View Post

USAToday published an article painting iOS 7 in a bad light. There's lots of talk outside of AI about Apple losing its mojo.

http://usat.ly/1gnDQlP

Tell us something that we don't know.

Here, some reviews of those pundit articles :

http://www.macworld.com/author/The-Macalope/

• Reply 65 of 275
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

OS 9 to OS X was a huge jump, much greater than iOS 6 to iOS 7.

The benefits just aren't as obvious.

By the way... OS X v1 was a dog with fleas that garnered lots of negative press... right alongside all the talk of how Apple was moving in the right direction.

There is absolutely no comparison with OS X in this context - everyone and their dog knew that 10.0 was pretty much a public beta, a work in progress (heck, there wasn't even printer or burning support in the beginning); however, virtually NO ONE denied that it was the way forward, particularly in terms of stability and the advantages of its UNIX underpinnings.  

On the other hand, iOS 7 is supposed to be a highly-polished revamp that constitutes a much-narrower jump when compared to OS X - back then, it simply meant that OS 9 was thrown in the dustbin of history, as depicted by SJ himself.

• Reply 66 of 275
    They'll publish anything.
  • Reply 67 of 275
    drblankdrblank Posts: 3,385member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by brlawyer View Post

No, it cannot; album art on the lower left corner? Not possible. Search results/methodology? Worse. List view? Also worse. Multiple iTunes windows? Nope.

Just google around.

click on the album art work at the top player portion, it becomes a lot bigger and moveable.

Search results/methodology?  I'm having a tough time understanding what you mean by "methodology" in that statement.

Why would you need multiple iTunes Windows?  you must be masochistic.  

• Reply 68 of 275
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MagMan1979 View Post

Yeah I am, mad at dumb-ass trolls like him who don't get banned quicker for their lack of intellect, integrity, or and common sense.

I would perhaps recommend some green tea in your case.

• Reply 69 of 275
    I'm in love with the update. Very little trouble with anything and some major improvements to Siri, Maps, and others.

I suspect the delay until after 5:00 for updating had as much to do with backed up servers as anything else. That's how long it took me to get the update downloaded and installed.
  • Reply 70 of 275
    ipenipen Posts: 410member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bryanzak View Post

...  iOS 7 is v1.0 of the new user experience. It's bound to make some uncomfortable just simply because it is different. In two years everyone will be on this new iOS and we'll all look back and laugh about how ugly iOS 6 was. Just like we laugh about how ugly Mac OS 9 was.

Yeah, in 2 yrs when Apple drops support for iOS6, everyone will be on iOS7.

• Reply 71 of 275
    ipen wrote: »
    Yeah, in 2 yrs when Apple drops support for iOS6, everyone will be on iOS7.
    They've already dropped support.
  • Reply 72 of 275
    Quote:

Originally Posted by THEMAC1NT0SH View Post

Ever heard of wireless syncing, troll?

I don't backup to iCloud, I wanna do it through iTunes - likewise for my apps. So please enlighten me on how to use iOS 7 without iTunes 11.

• Reply 73 of 275

The method and view for quitting apps that are running in iOS 7 is worth the update by itself. So much better than what was used in the past versions of iOS...

• Reply 74 of 275
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

No you are the one who says the iPhone 5C is a total failure even though you HAVE ZERO FACTS to back it up.  Stop spewing lies.  You can say you don't like the 5C or iOS7 but don't be making broad statements that the whole world hates it too.

Isn't tech news sufficient in that case? Early price cuts and evidence that it only constitutes less than 1/3 of new iPhone sales, EVEN THOUGH our dear leader Cook implied that the 5C would be the most popular and accessible model...what else is needed?

• Reply 75 of 275
    clemynxclemynx Posts: 1,552member

There are a few legitimate problems on iOS7 on 5S.

- buggy with iWork apps... very soon to be replaced so no big deal at all

- my 5S crashes at least once a day, and that's not acceptable to me, but it's probably just problems with the 64 bit architecture, so it'll probably get soon better

- inclinometers badly aligned. I'm lucky mine is off by just one degree in one dimension only, so I can still use it the other way, or just subtract the degree. This is the biggest problem that maybe they won't be able to correct, but not a huge deal by itself, even if annoying.

Almost all can be corrected and will be via updates.

5S, best phone I ever had.

• Reply 76 of 275
    malaxmalax Posts: 1,598member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mjtomlin View Post

I've noticed the majority of people who complain about iOS 7 are those that haven't USED it or can't use it because their devices are too old. Everyone I've talked to who has upgraded, loves iOS 7. Yes, the colors are a bit garish, but a lot of the new features that make it easier to use far out weigh the color scheme.

Control Center, the new notifications, swiping from left to right to go back a screen, the new Safari, the app switcher (multi-tasker), etc.

I would NEVER go back to iOS 6 and using iOS 5 on my iPad is awful now. :(  Well not awful, but makes it feel so dated.

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner.

I don't like the new icons, but BFD, almost everything else is a nice step forward.  

• Reply 77 of 275

I for one have had a poor experience with iOS 7 on my iPhone 4s (apps crashing, Siri does not work about 1/4 of the time, choppy UI, especially when an audio app is running in the background) and so have encouraged friends not to upgrade until at least the next iOS 7 update. Granted, some of the issues could be the apps themselves and not iOS 7, but one issue that is the Camera app crashes often when accessed from the lock screen. None of these things are the end of the world, but it has been a very un-Apple experience. I've had an iPhone since 2009 (a used first generation, 4, and now 4s) and these are the most issues I've had with the software. I'm sure the new OS works better with the 5c and 5s, but I'm really hoping future updates fix some of the issues.

For the record, I like it when it works. Most of the changes were easy to learn and actually very helpful.

• Reply 78 of 275
    drblankdrblank Posts: 3,385member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mutoneon View Post

This is horse manure.  I have a huge library, and iTunes 11 is much more responsive for me.  It's very easy to configure it to work almost exactly like iTunes 10, but I don't, because 11 uses space more efficiently.  I don't need a big sidebar of playlists when I'm not working with playlists.

It sounds to me like you've taken a bunch of reactionary peoples' opinions to heart without really giving it an honest go yourself.  Losing the sidebar was very alarming to a lot of people, and they lacked the initiative to find the option in the view menu.  How about you?

The major beefs I have with iTunes are things like not supports FLAC, DSD.  It doesn't switch the Audio/MIDI settings on the fly like 3rd party players do, or have iZotrope 64 SRC and a few other features that players like Audirvana, Amarra, etc. have.

• Reply 79 of 275

If this is actually true, one reason could be that as more and more people get iPhones, the mix of early-adopters to late-adopters sways towards the latter. People who waited 5+ years to get their first iPhone (and possibly their first smartphone) are probably also the ones less likely to upgrade their OS to the latest version as soon as it's available. So if you're talking about the total user base, percentages are likely to trend lower, even if absolute numbers of first-day upgrades increase.

• Reply 80 of 275
    wigbywigby Posts: 692member
    Now I'll post a story about the uptick in ios 7 downloads beating ios 6 by a wide margin (which was already published) and all of the comments will be glowing reviews. probably by some of the same posters for this story.