Apple's decoration of Yerba Buena Center for iPad event marches on

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
Contractors continued their adornment of San Francisco's Yerba Buena Center for the Arts Friday, with the building's glass lobby nearly completely covered in preparation for Tuesday's iPad event.

iPad event decoration

Apple's preparations for next week's iPad event are in full swing, as seen in progress photos provided by AppleInsider reader David Jones. With the decals nearly finished, a mosaic-like pattern designed from the multicolored "leaves" of Apple's logo has emerged.

A large, stark white Apple logo is centered on the building's facade, just above and to the left of the entrance.

iPad event decoration

Heading into the weekend before Tuesday's event, no additional details have emerged about what the company may unveil, though a rumor is circulating that the day may bring a hardware refresh for the Apple TV. Amazon's French and German sites began showing sudden unavailability of the device late Thursday with a restock date of Oct. 23, the day after the event.

Apple is widely expected to take the wraps off of a redesigned iPad featuring thinner side bezels and an slimmer profile alongside a Retina display-equipped iPad mini at the event. The next-generation Mac Pro and OS X Mavericks are also rumored to get stage time.

AppleInsider will be on site Tuesday and will provide live coverage as well as immediate hands-on time with any new hardware.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 19

I'd like to see those graphics in a wallpaper for the entire line of Apple device screens.

• Reply 2 of 19
    Dude. I would not characterize the white Apple logo -- surrounded as it is by colorful little bite pieces in all colors of the rainbow -- as 'stark'. Stark is for the desert at noon.
  • Reply 3 of 19
    It's Yerba, ...YERBA, .....Y E R B A ! ! !

As in Weed.
  • Reply 4 of 19
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    [URL= falling leaves[/URL]
  • Reply 5 of 19
    New iPods please.
  • Reply 6 of 19
    So they're going to 'cover' the building. Very good. I see what they did there.
  • Reply 7 of 19
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member
    BuffyzDead wrote: »
    It's Yerba, ...YERBA, .....Y E R B A ! ! !

As in Weed.

It's Yerba Buena, as in GOOD weed.
  • Reply 8 of 19
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    limeymick wrote: »
    So they're going to 'cover' the building. Very good. I see what they did there.

I see what you did there. Though I'd rather see them uncovering something.
  • Reply 9 of 19
    tleviertlevier Posts: 104member

So, given that they usually have something "tongue in cheek" about their invite, could we assume that their upgrading their "smart covers" to include functionality like the Surface keyboards, etc?

• Reply 10 of 19
    tlevier wrote: »
    So, given that they usually have something "tongue in cheek" about their invite, could we assume that their upgrading their "smart covers" to include functionality like the Surface keyboards, etc?

No.
  • Reply 11 of 19

Two articles on poster decorations so far. I'm really hoping they expand this and add a few more articles until the posters are finally all up. Maybe an editorial on the glue they use to make the posters stick.

• Reply 12 of 19

Is it Tuesday yet?

• Reply 13 of 19
    I wonder if the leaves represent Apple's upcoming new hardware and software as alluded to by Tim. Things that we haven't seen before adding to the ecosystem. All of the leaves representing different items under the Apple umbrella. It seems like an analogy to all of the apps in the posters for WWDC, as being part of iOS.
  • Reply 14 of 19
    Ohhhh man I am Sooooo waiting for my brand spankin new "slate-grey 64g IPad 5 w Retina Display"!!!!!!! BEING IT ON BABY !!!! ????
  • Reply 15 of 19
    With rumors of new 13" iPad, perhaps the 'a lot to cover' is alluding to the larger screen that needs a larger cover. But unlikely
  • Reply 16 of 19
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TheUnfetteredMind View Post

Is it Tuesday yet?

Can't come soon enough.

• Reply 17 of 19

The rainbow colors in the leaves do sort of imply a continuation of "the colorful" theme, launched with the iPhone 5c.

Will there be iPod announcements at this event? Multiple colors?

Will there be iPads with multi-color (and possibly plastic) cases announced? 

Mac Pro in five colors? :D    (really, I'm kidding, ok?)

But back to the original point. Whenever they do this "broad range of colors" thing, it usually results in one or more devices being launched in multiple colors. Just saying...

• Reply 18 of 19
    Quote:

Originally Posted by michaeloftroy View Post

With rumors of new 13" iPad, perhaps the 'a lot to cover' is alluding to the larger screen that needs a larger cover. But unlikely

The new 12" Tablet Phone? Oh wait, that'll be Samsung in the Spring. 64-bit!!

Leaves. Ground cover. Lots of different colors. I can't imagine…. 

The new multi-color, iPad Mini TV Book? :P

• Reply 19 of 19
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tlevier View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

No.

Interesting response.....  Simple.  Elegant.

But today, there's this:  http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/10/21/apple-reportedly-testing-ipad-keyboard-akin-to-microsofts-touch-cover