Where is iDVD?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hey everyone!

I installed a Pioneer DVR-104 into my PowerMac. I can't find iDVD on any install CD. I even checked the ones from my iMac which has iDVD on it. How do I install it on my PowerMac??? Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
  • Reply 2 of 9
    surfratsurfrat Posts: 341member
    But I already have it. It came with my computer. I just can't find it on any of the CDs. Sorry if I wasn't clear about that. Thanks.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    From kbase article 106451:

[quote]

If you need an item that is only available from the Restore CD set, you may install it without erasing the hard disk by following these steps:

1. Ensure there is approximately 2 GB of free hard disk space on your computer.

2. Make a new folder.

3. Insert the Software Restore discs one by one and copy the disk image (.dmg) files in the Configurations folder from each disc to the folder you created on the hard disk. There may be up to five images depending on the restore set.

4. Open the Disk Copy application program.

5. Drag the first .dmg file from the folder you created to the Disk Copy window. The disk image appears as a hard disk on the desktop. This disk image volume contains all the software that your computer did when it was first purchased.

6. Open the disk image volume and locate the software you want to reinstall.

7. Copy the software from the disk image volume to the hard disk.

8. If you are using Mac OS X, use the Repair Privileges Utility.

<hr></blockquote>

That oughta do it for you. HTH.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    If you didn't buy a Mac that already had a SuperDrive as the standard equipment, you might NOT have iDVD. It only comes on the iMacs and PowerMacs equipped by Apple to burn DVDs.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
  • Reply 6 of 9
    [quote]Originally posted by clonenode:

<strong>If you didn't buy a Mac that already had a SuperDrive as the standard equipment, you might NOT have iDVD. It only comes on the iMacs and PowerMacs equipped by Apple to burn DVDs.</strong><hr></blockquote>

My MDD 867 has no superdrive (yet), but it comes with iDVD sitting right there on the dock. Waiting to see if the new drives work... heheheh
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Thanks Toadie. I stand corrected. By the way... what does "MDD" 867 stand for?
  • Reply 8 of 9
    jaredjared Posts: 639member
    Let me know if it works on a non "Apple" superdrive. I want to buy a DVD burner but if I cannot use iDVD then forget it...
  • Reply 9 of 9
    xaqtlyxaqtly Posts: 450member
    MDD = Mirror Drive Door or Mirror Door Drive or something. It's the new ones with the mirror finish on the optical drive bay doors.