TransPod All-In-One Car Solution for iPod

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Has any one bought one of these things from <a href="http://www.everythingipod.com"; target="_blank">Everythingipod.com</a>?

It looks like a good concept but does it really work? It is also more expensive (it costs $99) then

other iPod solutions.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    [quote]Originally posted by jante99:

<strong>Has any one bought one of these things from <a href="http://www.everythingipod.com"; target="_blank">Everythingipod.com</a>?

It looks like a good concept but does it really work? It is also more expensive (it costs $99) then

other iPod solutions.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I heard that the FM radio-based ones suffer in quality. I was thinking about the Sony cassette connector - it's cheaper too.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    I ordered one but they aren't shipping until the end of the month (which probably means not until December). Cassette adapters don't have very good sound. There's nothing wrong with an FM transmitter type if it works properly. My only concern is that the cigarette lighter stick adapter (thats where the power comes from) will be long enough. Will have to wait until it arrives.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    the nicest thing about this one is that you have the entire FM spectrum to choose from. that gives you a lot more options, especially in cities where the FM spectrum is pretty used up. i'd be interested in one of these, although $99 is pretty steep.

at this point i'm torn between something like this or just getting a deck with a nice AUX in. i just feel that sound quality can't help but take a hit when going over FM.

thing is, i know the deck would sound better, but would run at least $230 for a decent one.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    The best sound comes from a direct hookup, second-best is FM (alot of XM and Sirus satellite radio systems use this method) and finally the cassette route.