T-Mobile CEO tweets about loving his Samsung Note 3, from his iPhone

Comments

• Reply 21 of 122
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by leavingthebigG View Post

This is a story BECAUSE the CEO CHOSE to tweet his opinion of his Note 3 from his iPhone 5s. His opinion has weight and could sway future buyer opinion.

Be erring mistakenly or purposefully, the tweet becomes a story about a lapse in judgement. Why the heck is he tweeting at all about devices?

Lastly, isn't there a Twitter available for Android he could (should) have used? Duh?

WHY?!?! Do you have any idea how little our silly phone wars matter to the CEO of a phone company? He wouldn't even think about picking up whatever was laying around to tweet it. Heck, he probably picked up iPhone 5S number 4 because he wanted to take the picture and tweet from the same device, and he was actually taking a pic of the Note 3. What was he supposed to do? Take a picture of the Note 3, then email the picture to himself so he could then use the Note 3 to make the tweet?

• Reply 22 of 122

I don't know what I would do without my Note 3 that I just pulled out of the box and started charging and haven't setup any of my email accounts on yet

• Reply 23 of 122
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Gregory View Post

If you just block him and not quote him then the rest of us who just block him won't have to see his posts.

Thanks for telling me about blocking I have never used it before ;)

• Reply 24 of 122
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,092member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ScottWilson View Post

blah...blahh..blahh...blahh...

That's what we all read when you're posting stuff.  Insignificant, irrelevant, and useless.  Pretty much describes you as well.

Go away.

• Reply 25 of 122
    Quote:

WHY?!?! Do you have any idea how little our silly phone wars matter to the CEO of a phone company? He wouldn't even think about picking up whatever was laying around to tweet it. Heck, he probably picked up iPhone 5S number 4 because he wanted to take the picture and tweet from the same device, and he was actually taking a pic of the Note 3. What was he supposed to do? Take a picture of the Note 3, then email the picture to himself so he could then use the Note 3 to make the tweet? Are you beginning to understand how ridiculous you sound?

And you are sounding any more sane?

How can you talk about someone you do not know, or about a situation you know nothing about?

• Reply 26 of 122
     WHY?!?! Do you have any idea how little our silly phone wars matter to the CEO of a phone company? He wouldn't even think about picking up whatever was laying around to tweet it. Heck, he probably picked up iPhone 5S number 4 because he wanted to take the picture and tweet from the same device, and he was actually taking a pic of the Note 3. What was he supposed to do? Take a picture of the Note 3, then email the picture to himself so he could then use the Note 3 to make the tweet? Are you beginning to understand how ridiculous you sound?

That's backward. The CEO of phone companies care far more about smartphones than anyone of us ever could.
  • Reply 27 of 122
    I love all the different ways people backpedal, his is at least almost honest-sounding. Although, I'm sure Samsung is going to be asking for its shilling fee back.
  • Reply 28 of 122

im sure he has more than one phone, but you would think he would tweet from the phone he doesn't know what he would do without 

• Reply 29 of 122
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowley View Post

Pfft, who cares what devices a carrier CEO chooses to carry, or what device he likes to tweet his opinions from?

This gotcha journalism is pretty lame.

So you *honestly* don't see any humor in this story? Really? Honestly?

If this happened to Apple the WHOLE WORLD would be laughing. Me included. It's funny.

Look, I understand that people can use more than one platform. I can not understand why you wouldn't tweet from the device you're so happy with. When I bought my first iPod touch I enjoyed it so much I sent an email right there from the iPod touch. I don't find it believable that anyone would tweet a genuine, heartfelt compliment from a different device in a situation like this. Oh, unless he couldn't find the stylus and had to resort to fingers.

Gotcha journalism? Really?

• Reply 30 of 122
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Doctor David View Post

That's backward. The CEO of phone companies care far more about smartphones than anyone of us ever could.

You ever work fast food? I did. I worked at McDonalds when I was 14. After about a month I never wanted to see McDonalds again. To this day I get pissy when someone in my group of friends actually wants to eat there. 

• Reply 31 of 122

Can't wait to see what Tim Cook tweets from his Note 3!

• Reply 32 of 122
    Quote:

You ever work fast food? I did. I worked at McDonalds when I was 14. After about a month I never wanted to see McDonalds again. To this day I get pissy when someone in my group of friends actually wants to eat there. 

Nice analogy!  Didn't realize you were CEO of McDonald's (as that's the only way your analogy make sense)!

Oh yes, almost forgot, say hello to the block list.

• Reply 33 of 122
    Lets me honest, he posted about the Note 3 in an attempt to continue telling the world "You know we have the Note 3 at T-Mobile right?"
    Although he probably has one of every mobile device out there, it is obvious which one he chooses to use as his everyday phone. This incident is funny though as his tweet works, and backfires at the same time (more advertising for T-mobile that they have the Note 3, but backfired because he made an embarrassing mistake).

P.S - I wish Apple would just bring out a Phablet already with iPad resolution and be done with it. Then we don't have to listen to the iPhone screens are too small nonsense.
  • Reply 34 of 122
    crowley wrote: »
    Pfft, who cares what devices a carrier CEO chooses to carry, or what device he likes to tweet his opinions from?

This gotcha journalism is pretty lame.

Well, apparently this CEO thought it was important. He's the one that tweeted it not AI. It's not gotcha journalism it's cognitive dissonance. What the CEO is saying and what his gadgets are saying are two different things. They can't both be right.
  • Reply 35 of 122
    Quote:

Speaking of McDonalds... break-time is over.  Get back to cooking those fries.  

G E T  L O S T.

• Reply 36 of 122

Oh great, life lessons from someone that worked at a fast food place. This can only get better.
  • Reply 37 of 122
    Quote:

A lot of people use both. Heck, I have to have one of everything. I'll have the 5S for 650 pretty soon actually. Lets look at what he actually said:

Glad @SamsungMobile decided to bring phablets to the states. I don't know what I'd do without my #Note3!

Does he say "tweeting this from my Note3!"

Does he? He's the friggin CEO of a phone company. OF COURSE he's going to have multiple devices.

This is a nonstory, and whoever wrote it is pathetic.

I cant believe you are here now, the biggest apple critic in the world, pretending you have every tech gadget in the world so you can argue any direction, you complain about IOS7, but now your getting the much maligned (by you)  5s, give me a break

• Reply 38 of 122

Please stop QUOTING and just BLOCK posters you know are baiting you.... 

What's the point of the rest of us blocking goobers if you're going to quote them and complain??

• Reply 39 of 122
    Dan_DilgerDan_Dilger Posts: 1,583member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Even when DED is speaking the truth is sounds biased. You've a way with words my good man. A way with words.

> He then followed up with a photo (below) of a gold iPhone 5s alongside a Note 3 and a Galaxy Gear watch, indicating that Samsung's big screen phablet isn't a suitable replacement for a standard sized phone, even when paired with the company's new wrist-attached $299 Bluetooth headset.

That does not indicate that. At all.

The point of a "phablet" is that it delivers the value of a phone and a tablet together. 

If you sell a refrigerator-toaster, and yet you actually make your toast with a dedicated toaster, it indicates that your refrigerator-toaster isn't a suitable replacement for a standard sized toaster.

I’m sorry I have to explain basic logic to you.

It would be even worse if your refrigerator-toaster had a special toaster-assistatance robotic arm that was supposed to help you make toast using your refrigerator-toaster by allowing you to automate the refrigerator-toaster in such a way that the refrigerator-toaster combination became less clumsy to manage. And yet you still used a standalone toaster to make your toast. 

And when you made an advertisement about how delicious your toast from your refrigerator-toaster was, and how difficult it was to live without a refrigerator-toaster, and then it was pointed out that the toast marks on the toast you were touting made it clear you made the toast on a standalone toaster and not by your refrigerator-toaster, and your reply was to show that your kitchen was indeed equipped with a refrigerator-toaster along with a refrigerator and a toaster, and the refrigerator-toaster robotic arm...

well, I guess I can’t continue to point out why you are so ridiculous in insisting that there’s nothing wrong with saying you can’t live without refrigerator-toasters even when you clearly appear to prefer toast not made by refrigerator-toasters.

• Reply 40 of 122
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Gregory View Post

Please stop QUOTING and just BLOCK posters you know are baiting you.... 

What's the point of the rest of us blocking goobers if you're going to quote them and complain??

Simple.  You just proved why blocking is a lost-cause.  Because everybody else will not necessarily adhere to that.  Besides, the mods need to know what this guy is doing and what his agenda is.