T-Mobile CEO tweets about loving his Samsung Note 3, from his iPhone

Comments

• Reply 61 of 122
    ireland wrote: »

The point of a "phablet" is that it delivers the value of a phone and a tablet together. 

If you sell a refrigerator-toaster, and yet you actually make your toast with a dedicated toaster, it indicates that your refrigerator-toaster isn't a suitable replacement for a standard sized toaster.

I’m sorry I have to explain basic logic to you.

What are you on about?

DED's conclusion is based on nothing but he own crazy need to breath Apple flavoured air. To me there a 2 possible reasons he has 2 phones with him (5s and a phablet):

1. He likes the iPhone but finds its screen too small for some tasks.
    2. He's the CEO of a carrier and likes to be seen by his customers and his clients testing various competing products.

I'm going with the latter, though I do know at least 1 prominent Apple blogger who wants a larger screened iPhone choice.

Now quit yammering on about this refrigerator-toaster product no one wants. The one you somehow think I want because of your paranoia. Yes, the one Tim Cook invented for his oft-used analogy.

Please shut up and chill. Get a sense of humor while you're about it.

Your Pavlovian responses to DED are really getting tiresome.
  • Reply 62 of 122
    ireland wrote: »
    akqies wrote: »
    akqies wants to know why are telling him what his own conclusions are and referring to the person you're responding to in the 3rd person?

You just referred to yourself in the third person. You may need some fresh air, dude. And welcome to the forum. Learn to relax.

Groan.... all this time, I thought the Irish were masters of irony. Go figure.....
  • Reply 63 of 122
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

The evidence is certainly overwhelming and quite damning.

Anybody who claims to love their Android phones and phablets are paid liars, shills and psychopaths.

• Reply 64 of 122
    elrothelroth Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottWilson View Post

A lot of people use both. Heck, I have to have one of everything. I'll have the 5S for 650 pretty soon actually. Lets look at what he actually said:

Glad @SamsungMobile decided to bring phablets to the states. I don't know what I'd do without my #Note3!

Does he say "tweeting this from my Note3!"

Does he? He's the friggin CEO of a phone company. OF COURSE he's going to have multiple devices.

This is a nonstory, and whoever wrote it is pathetic.

I know one thing he would do without his Note3 - he would keep using his iPhone, just as he does now.

• Reply 65 of 122

I give the CEO at least some credit for coming clean and not digging their own hole deeper by making up more lies and claiming to be hacked like the despicable Alicia Keys did.

• Reply 66 of 122
    mhiklmhikl Posts: 471member
    pdq2 wrote: »
    Not surprised that Samsung pays these folks to astroturf. Sammy has been advertising like crazy on the TV that I watch.

On the plus side. these commercials are at least better than Microsoft's, for their Nokia Lumia, like the one at the kid's play where the parents fight (which causes my HTC-owning wife wife to say "I hate this commercial" every half hour when they run it again)...

I'm very grateful for Samsung adverts. They move my bowels.
  • Reply 67 of 122
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kpluck View Post

So, a non-story then.

I think that you're probably a paid shill, just like the CEO, if you think that this is a non story.

• Reply 68 of 122
    Quote:

Your reply is pathetic. Anybody who says that this is a non story is a highly suspect person, and they are most likely astroturfing and they are paid shills.

• Reply 69 of 122
    The name "ass clown" comes to mind...
  • Reply 70 of 122
    Wandered into Best Buy today and noticed that it had been all but transformed into a "Samsung Store". Samsung posters, kiosks, ads and accessories every other aisle or so. It was literally "Samsung Everywhere". They had completely surrounded the Apple store-in-store with shouting, bleating "me me me!!" Samsung-related video screens, imagery and visual noise.

And yet, still about 15 customers ogling the Apple stuff, along with a half dozen support staff, and about 2 customers in the Samsung "store-in-store" with more support staff than customers (I counted 3 people working that area).

So, I'm wondering how much Samsung paid Best Buy to be so completely omnipresent in their store, basically from one end to the other%u2026?

This tweet from T-Mobile is clearly no different. A 'paid PR' marketing moment.

Why do people think they're winning any converts with such blatant dishonesty?
  • Reply 71 of 122
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowley View Post

Pfft, who cares what devices a carrier CEO chooses to carry, or what device he likes to tweet his opinions from?

This gotcha journalism is pretty lame.

What a pathetic reply, and the amount of butthurt in this thread from certain characters is quite telling.

It matters not what people say or what they claim, what matters is what they do, and this CEO tweeting about his love for Samsung from his iPhone is damn telling!

And this is not the first time that paid Samsung shills have been caught with their pants down! What else does anybody expect from a company based on stealing? Their supporters are also people who need to lie, cheat and deceive. 

• Reply 72 of 122
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,382member
    Quote:

A lot of people use both. Heck, I have to have one of everything. I'll have the 5S for 650 pretty soon actually. Lets look at what he actually said:

Glad @SamsungMobile decided to bring phablets to the states. I don't know what I'd do without my #Note3!

Does he? He's the friggin CEO of a phone company. OF COURSE he's going to have multiple devices.

Saying something like "I don't know what I'd do without my Note3" when you're not even fucking using it as your main phone (if at all) is a pretty ridiculous and hyperbolic statement to make. If one gonna shill for a device and state how amazingly life-changing it is, you should at least make an effort to not do so from a competing device, at risk of sounding like a massive liar/shill. That was the whole point, and the fact that you're so outraged about this story makes you the pathetic one, not the person that wrote it. 

I wonder why we have yet to see ANY examples of people shilling for iPhones from non-iPhones. I guess it's because:

1- Apple is above paying for this kind of shilling

2- Most people who have an iPhone and another phone tend to prefer the iPhone and have it in active use. 

• Reply 73 of 122
    Time to blame it on the browser's user-agent again. /s
  • Reply 74 of 122

Samsung- copies the design of other products without any regard for the law or copyrights.

Samsung - has to pay people to tweet and say that they like Samsung devices, while those same people are posting from their Apple devices.

Samsung - has to cheat and manipulate their benchmarks

I can only conclude that people of low moral fiber are naturally more attracted to Samsung and Android devices.

• Reply 75 of 122
    nhtnht Posts: 4,522member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

What are you on about?

DED's conclusion is based on nothing but he own crazy need to breath Apple flavoured air. To me there a 2 possible reasons he has 2 phones with him (5s and a phablet):

1. He likes the iPhone but finds its screen too small for some tasks.

2. He's the CEO of a carrier and likes to be seen by his customers and his clients testing various competing products.

I'm going with the latter, though I do know at least 1 prominent Apple blogger who wants a larger screened iPhone choice.

Now quit yammering on about this refrigerator-toaster product no one wants. The one you somehow think I want because of your paranoia. Yes, the one Tim Cook invented for his oft-used analogy.

It horrifies me when we agree on something.  Just joking.

BTW, that's supposedly DED hisself you are "debating" with.

• Reply 76 of 122
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

What it shows is that he prefers his iPhone, if the Note 3 is as good as pathetic apologists try to point out, then why isn't he using it?

The reason I use my iPhone to do this is my S4 is a pathetic piece of sh*t which sits in my pocket.
  • Reply 77 of 122
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Gregory View Post

Please stop QUOTING and just BLOCK posters you know are baiting you.... 

What's the point of the rest of us blocking goobers if you're going to quote them and complain??

But AppleInsider needs the click traffic! More GOOGLE ADS.

• Reply 78 of 122
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,309moderator
    Samsung must really hate that they keep paying people who advertise Apple products.

'this Samsung device I get paid to like, this Apple device I like without being bribed because it's just better'
  • Reply 79 of 122
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Anybody who says that this is a non story is a highly suspect person, and they are most likely astroturfing and they are paid shills.

After all the times it has happened it is kinda a non-story but funny as hell anyway.  In this case, I'm somewhat inclined to believe that he actually has a Note 3 and likes it for what it's for:  Taking notes.

That he prefers the iPhone 5 as his primary phone isn't surprising either but it kinda sucks as a business note taking device.  I use it for that but it's suboptimal. 

The iPad is pretty good but yet another thing to carry around.  If Apple made a phablet I'd buy it.  Especially if it had a pressure sensitive stylus.  That's not going to happen though even if a larger tweener device appears.

• Reply 80 of 122
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Samsung must really hate that they keep paying people who advertise Apple products.

'this Samsung device I get paid to like, this Apple device I like without being bribed because it's just better'

You would have thought they'd have learned by now.  Okay, we're going to pay you to make this tweet.  And we're going to assign you a helper to actually DO IT FROM OUR DEVICE OKAY?!?