T-Mobile CEO tweets about loving his Samsung Note 3, from his iPhone

Comments

• Reply 101 of 122
    philipmphilipm Posts: 240member

Nothing beats the story about the Dell executive who after a string of dud presentations because of equipment failures said this won’t happen with me, and pulled out a Mac notebook.

• Reply 102 of 122
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottWilson View Post

That's any new phone. Look at all the defects in the 5S. It's a side effect of a mass produced world. 

S4 faulty batteries, if the serial on the battery is within this range BD1D401XX ~ BD1D529XX return to Samsung before it swells up and explodes, they will replace it.

My 5S is fault free, like my 5, 4 and 3G.

• Reply 103 of 122
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    apple ][ wrote: »
    What a pathetic reply, and the amount of butthurt in this thread from certain characters is quite telling.

It matters not what people say or what they claim, what matters is what they do, and this CEO tweeting about his love for Samsung from his iPhone is damn telling!
    Really? What precisely does it tell you that isn't massively coloured by your own bias?

It tells me that at the precise moment he wanted to post a tweet, this dude used an iPhone. Nothing much more than that. Could be that Twitter for iPhone is his favourite client on any device, could just be that the iPhone is what he was holding in that moment, could be a number of other reasons.

And yes, it's a bit funny that he was tweeting about a rival product, but it's tweet-worthy LOLs, not news-worthy expose.

There is no evidence here of any paid shilling.
  • Reply 104 of 122
    adybadyb Posts: 205member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Evilution View Post

Can somebody talk me through blocking ScottWilson as in a very short amount of time I can already tell he is going to annoy me. I'm sure others will be glad of the info as well.

Make sure you are logged in, go to one of his posts, click on the blue triangle to the right of his name and click on Block Member. The only downside as mentioned by others is that it doesn't stop you seeing his posts if other people quote them in their replies.

• Reply 105 of 122
    philipm wrote: »
    Nothing beats the story about the Dell executive who after a string of dud presentations because of equipment failures said this won’t happen with me, and pulled out a Mac notebook.

Got a link to that handy?
  • Reply 106 of 122

Lastly, isn't there a Twitter available for Android he could (should) have used? Duh?

Yeah, there is, but it's bear to use. Plus his Note3 was being recharged after the batteries died after three hours away from a charger.
  • Reply 107 of 122
    adyb wrote: »
    Make sure you are logged in, go to one of his posts, click on the blue triangle to the right of his name (ScottWilson) and click on Block Member. The only downside as mentioned by others is that it doesn't stop you seeing his posts if other people quote them in their replies.

Thanks, ScottWilson just joined a far less happy world than the one I'm in... *click* poof!
  • Reply 108 of 122
    joshajosha Posts: 901member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pdq2 View Post

Not surprised that Samsung pays these folks to astroturf. Sammy has been advertising like crazy on the TV that I watch.

He blew it,  Samsung should ask for money back !  :no:

• Reply 109 of 122

I think the real question is why, if he has pages of apps on his iPhone, is there an entire row of unused app slots on his home screen? That is PRIME real estate. Come on!

• Reply 110 of 122
    maybe his note 3 lagged so much he couldn't go to twitter on it.
    simple enough
  • Reply 111 of 122
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by leavingthebigG View Post

Lastly, isn't there a Twitter available for Android he could (should) have used? Duh?

Yeah, there is, but it's bear to use. Plus his Note3 was being recharged after the batteries died after three hours away from a charger.

Actually, isn't the Note praised by the awesome battery life? That's the advantage of a big phone. The screen loves more juice, Android loves juice, the snapdragon drinks like an horse, but there's plenty of room for a 3500 battery.

• Reply 112 of 122
    nikon133nikon133 Posts: 2,600member
    I see two possibilities here.

One: technologically illiterate people use iPhone. No, really; if you are tweeting even occasionally, you'd know if your app has that kind of signature. Unless you never read what you tweet about, in which case:

Two: he does not tweet himself, too busy for that... So he has PA to tweet for him. Which makes his PA technologically illiterate, and him lazy and potentially illiterate.
  • Reply 113 of 122
    akqiesakqies Posts: 768member
    nikon133 wrote: »
    I see two possibilities here.

One: technologically illiterate people use iPhone. No, really; if you are tweeting even occasionally, you'd know if your app has that kind of signature. Unless you never read what you tweet about, in which case:

Two: he does not tweet himself, too busy for that... So he has PA to tweet for him. Which makes his PA technologically illiterate, and him lazy and potentially illiterate.

What does it say about ones "technological literacy" if they don't know Twitter removed that info from their web interface over a year ago?
  • Reply 114 of 122
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member

Why would a person read their own tweets?  Ok he may be a CEO, but that doesn't mean he has to be a self-regarding narcissist.

• Reply 115 of 122
    Originally Posted by Rich Gregory View Post

If you just block him and not quote him then the rest of us who just block him won't have to see his posts.

Originally Posted by Rich Gregory View Post

Please stop QUOTING and just BLOCK posters you know are baiting you.... 

What's the point of the rest of us blocking goobers if you're going to quote them and complain??

If you just REPORT THE POSTS, the guy’ll be banned and his crap wiped.

I’ve never understood “blocking” troll accounts. They’re not allowed to be here at all; HELP GET RID OF THEM!

Originally Posted by Evilution View Post

Can somebody talk me through blocking ScottWilson

Step 1: Click that little flag thing at the bottom left of his post… :p

Seriously, the block list is in the username dropdown in the sidebar of each post. At the bottom, “Block Member”.

But DO report posts; don’t just block.

• Reply 116 of 122
    haarhaar Posts: 563member
    The point of a "phablet" is that it delivers the value of a phone and a tablet together. 

If you sell a refrigerator-toaster, and yet you actually make your toast with a dedicated toaster, it indicates that your refrigerator-toaster isn't a suitable replacement for a standard sized toaster.

I’m sorry I have to explain basic logic to you.

It would be even worse if your refrigerator-toaster had a special toaster-assistatance robotic arm that was supposed to help you make toast using your refrigerator-toaster by allowing you to automate the refrigerator-toaster in such a way that the refrigerator-toaster combination became less clumsy to manage. And yet you still used a standalone toaster to make your toast. 

And when you made an advertisement about how delicious your toast from your refrigerator-toaster was, and how difficult it was to live without a refrigerator-toaster, and then it was pointed out that the toast marks on the toast you were touting made it clear you made the toast on a standalone toaster and not by your refrigerator-toaster, and your reply was to show that your kitchen was indeed equipped with a refrigerator-toaster along with a refrigerator and a toaster, and the refrigerator-toaster robotic arm...

well, I guess I can’t continue to point out why you are so ridiculous in insisting that there’s nothing wrong with saying you can’t live without refrigerator-toasters even when you clearly appear to prefer toast not made by refrigerator-toasters.

and these words are the sound of a RPG hitting the target!
  • Reply 117 of 122
    Quote:

It would be even worse if your refrigerator-toaster had a special toaster-assistatance robotic arm that was supposed to help you make toast using your refrigerator-toaster by allowing you to automate the refrigerator-toaster in such a way that the refrigerator-toaster combination became less clumsy to manage. And yet you still used a standalone toaster to make your toast. 

I want this refrigerator-toaster with the robotic arm!  Door size is very important to me though....  It must have a bigger door then last years model.  Door size can become a primary selling point and after a few years the door height could be as nearing the ceiling.  Also compressor horsepower should be a notable spec, totally ignoring how well it kept food cold or how much power it used.

• Reply 118 of 122
    ipenipen Posts: 410member

What mistake?  It's so common and natural for people to have multiple devices.  No device is best for everything.  Note 3 is on my wish list as well, just can't afford it yet...

• Reply 119 of 122
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BeltsBear View Post

I want this refrigerator-toaster with the robotic arm!  Door size is very important to me though....  It must have a bigger door then last years model.  Door size can become a primary selling point and after a few years the door height could be as nearing the ceiling.  Also compressor horsepower should be a notable spec, totally ignoring how well it kept food cold or how much power it used.

I need a quad or even an octo compressor, I don't know how people can manage with tiny doors, less than 7 feet.

The lights dimming in my house whenever it powers on is a small price to pay.

• Reply 120 of 122
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ipen View Post

What mistake?  It's so common and natural for people to have multiple devices.  No device is best for everything.  Note 3 is on my wish list as well, just can't afford it yet...

Android 4.3 is on MY wish list for my Galaxy S4, update just hasn't been released yet.

I wonder what will come first?

Release of 4.4 or update to 4.3 for my late model high end phone?

Fragmentation, it's a bitch.

I updated my iPhone 4 to iOS 7 on the day of release.