Apple releases iOS 7.0.3 with support for iCloud Keychain, Touch ID tweaks

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 35
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member
    reme wrote: »
    The lackluster look and whimpy text and overly bright screens are still here, oh well..

That's the only thing I care about at the moment. How many new versions do you think we'll have to wait for them to backpedal silently to accommodate reality without admitting to having made these mistakes?
  • Reply 22 of 35
    chadbagchadbag Posts: 2,000member
    Never because only a small whiny minority considers these as 'mistakes'
  • Reply 23 of 35

@ StephanJobs

The copy paste disappearing cursor has been a real grinder.

• Reply 24 of 35
    @ StephanJobs

The copy paste disappearing cursor has been a real grinder.

Yeah it pissed me off for awhile. Seems to be fixed and stable now.
  • Reply 25 of 35
    Looks like they also reduced the distance to swipe required to navigate back and forth between pages in Safari. Much easier now.
  • Reply 26 of 35
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member

Siri seems to be a lot snappier now, which makes me happy.

• Reply 27 of 35
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    Yay, Motion has been further reduced! I can now still look at my phone when opening apps!
  • Reply 28 of 35
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member

Podcats got a redo, looks okay.

Not sure whether I like the SAFARI (desktop) Top Sites redo.

• Reply 29 of 35
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member

Bit white this new Podcats.  

I quite liked the old grey, helped visually distinguish it from Music.app.

• Reply 30 of 35
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    crowley wrote: »
    Bit white this new Podcats.  

I quite liked the old grey, helped visually distinguish it from Music.app.
    I prefer poddogs. J/k. I'm missing the notification badge on the icon itself. I still see the badges on my podcast subscriptions.
  • Reply 31 of 35
    simtubsimtub Posts: 277member

The transition effect that they added on the reduce motion function speeds up navigation so much! Much needed and well received :)

• Reply 32 of 35

I've have a bluetooth issue between my Iphone 4s and Toyota navigator 510, since I've updated my iphone to IOS 7.0.1.

• Reply 33 of 35
    simtubsimtub Posts: 277member
    My battery on 5S seems to drop a lot faster since the update. Anyone else out there experience similar?
  • Reply 34 of 35
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by simtub View Post

My battery on 5S seems to drop a lot faster since the update. Anyone else out there experience similar?

Since yesterday to 7.0.3? No.

Might want to check what the thing turned on: some of those background app refreshes can keep the gps chip running constantly and that'd be a huge drain. Bluetooth got turned on when I upgraded my 5 to iOS 7: but IIRC the decimal upgrades to my 5s haven;t turned that back on.

• Reply 35 of 35

I will say that 7.0.3 is an improvement, but I still think iOS7 has a long ways to go until it is useable, IMO.  

Less animation and movement is a fantastic step, and will help a lot of people who were having trouble.  It simply was (now that I have it turned off) too much eye candy.

Still needs work, though.

Notes, for example, is still too white.  The iPad mini also pixelates it so it is not that clear.

Photos is also too white, and the icon reminds me of NBC's symbol, or a color palette for artwork, not photos.

The super thin icons in Mail, for example, are weak in comparison to the "buttons" to the left for Mailboxes and Edit.  

Ditto for the icons in Calendar; they are almost invisible.  It is an app, for goodness sake, so it should have visible interface elements.

Ditto the icons in Pages.

The keyboard is too bright still.

That's a start.  There is more.  As I have said in other threads, I really do not like iOS7.  I do hope they improve it, and it looks like they may be trying to.