iWork gets its biggest upgrade ever with overhauled iOS, OS X apps

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 67
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Thanks for letting us know we should ignore you early.

So, you're going to tell me these new updates are more functional and apple is being innovative. Come on, I love my Mac and iDevices but be honest. This really is a bad update...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Budboy View Post

Don't upgrade. This is the worst update I have ever seen from Apple. I have been the biggest apple fan for years but this is terrible.

They have removed so many useful features that I reverted to iWork 09.

For instance

Numbers:

No organize panel. So you can no longer sort a range of cells. You have to sort the whole row or column.

Removed print view. You can no longer edit a document to make things fit on a single page. You can see what it will look like but you have to back out of print view to make changes and hope the changes will work

The sidebar is gone

No more auto complete as you type... Etc etc

That's just a few things within numbers....

I was so angry I didn't bother to try pages for very long.

I'm sorry (free or not) this is a complete step backwards

• Reply 62 of 67
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Budboy View Post

..... This really is a bad update...

This is not even an "update" this is simply a regression

• Reply 63 of 67
    Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Collaboration seemed a pretty cool and positive change.

I made technical reports, I don't "agree" facts and results with nobody.

Sure, this could be useful for some, but... is one cool feature compensation for such functionality slaughter?

• Reply 64 of 67
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member

Wow, they really have culled a lot of useful stuff haven't they?  It's pretty clear they've done that so that they can rebuild all the functionality across Mac, iOS and iCloud in parallel with feature parity, but man, sucks to be an iWork user on the Mac right now.

• Reply 65 of 67

Really long list of missing features of Pages 5 is building up there: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5468056?start=0&tstart=0

• Reply 66 of 67
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,438member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowley View Post

Wow, they really have culled a lot of useful stuff haven't they?  It's pretty clear they've done that so that they can rebuild all the functionality across Mac, iOS and iCloud in parallel with feature parity, but man, sucks to be an iWork user on the Mac right now.

They're going to have to be smart about it though.   The aim with productivity software is to allow the end user to be productive.   When creating an Excel spreadsheet you can choose to use scripting knowing that it may make the file unreadable to other versions but that's a decision for the creator.   I hope Apple delivers software that has excellent round tripping across the Browser,  mobile and desktop but also always for some of the unique characteristics of each to be exploited. 

• Reply 67 of 67

OK.   Had some time to play with the new Pages.  After two patience-trying minutes I was searching to see if the old '09 version was still on my machine.  Thankfully it was. 

I'm not going to waste my time looking at the new Numbers and Keynote.

- - - - -

Apple's forum is quickly filling with complaints about Pages.  36 pages and increasing.