Not getting option to upgrade to Safari 6.1

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014

I have a couple older Macs around the house that are running on Mountain Lion and unfortunately can't be upgraded beyond that.  One of them, a MacBook Pro, got the option to update to Safari 6.1 among other things.  The other is a Mac Mini.  Even though that's on the exact same OS, same version, I don't get an option to update to Safari 6.1.

I tried to use Google to find a place, hopefully from Apple.com, to download Safari 6.1 but I did not find one.  Is there anywhere I can find a place to download Safari 6.1?  Even if not, is there a way to fix it so that the Software Update option allows me the option to download Safari 6.1?  As I mentioned I have no clue why it won't present me with this option.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Originally Posted by markw10 View Post

I have a couple older Macs around the house that are running on Mountain Lion and unfortunately can't be upgraded beyond that.

Wait… Nothing that runs Mountain Lion can’t get Mavericks.

• Reply 2 of 4
    markw10markw10 Posts: 356member

Good catch.  Sorry for the typo but I meant to say Lion, not Mountain Lion.  Both my MBP and Mac Mini are on Lion and the MBP gave me the option for the update but the Mac Mini didn't.  My Mac Pro is fortunately on Mountain Lion and will soon be on Mavericks.  I'm in the market for a new MBP and those new ones sure look tempting :)

• Reply 3 of 4
    Originally Posted by markw10 View Post

Good catch.  Sorry for the typo but I meant to say Lion, not Mountain Lion.  Both my MBP and Mac Mini are on Lion and the MBP gave me the option for the update but the Mac Mini didn't.  My Mac Pro is fortunately on Mountain Lion and will soon be on Mavericks.  I'm in the market for a new MBP and those new ones sure look tempting :)

Apple has today given the option of purchasing both Lion and Mountain Lion (for old Macs that can’t get Mavericks) so you could at least get 10.8.

• Reply 4 of 4
    I'd like to upgrade it to Mountain Lion and actually tried it sometime ago when I upgraded my other Mac but unfortunately it's not compatible.