Apple starts online sales of OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and 10.7 Lion for $20

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    Originally Posted by macxpress View Post

Its not stealing if its free.

EXCEPT IT ISN’T FREE. What part of “available for $20” sounds like “free” to you?! MY. STARS. Are you selectively illiterate?

• Reply 22 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macxpress View Post

Its not stealing if its free. Stop being a fan boy about everything Apple. Simply borrowing a 10.6 DVD to get something thats free isn't stealing. I'm sure Apple really cares to begin with. If they did, they wouldn't be giving software away for free. 

It's only "free" because Apple's hardware and app profits subsidize that model. When you fail to support the model in which they can both be competitive and make a profit, you are in fact "stealing."

• Reply 23 of 24
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

So...are you saying your computers are loaded with stolen software? Because that's the impression.

If he is still using Photoshop CS2 he is not a very recent pirate. 

• Reply 24 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blah64 View Post

2) Isolated lab machines are a pain in the ass because you cannot install stuff over the net. It's trivial to walk into the store and buy a CD/DVD/USBdrive from a trusted retailer (and I'm happy to spend the $). Not so easy to make someone else get a copy and then make a distribution DVD or USBdrive.

A couple of nights ago, I did the Snow Leopard->Mavericks update on a Mac Mini entirely using remote desktop....