Free iOS, Mac apps to hide nearly $1 billion of Apple's new cash

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    512ke wrote: »
    I don't get to "delay" my income when reporting it to the IRS.  Apple should report every cent of income in the quarter in which it is earned, period.  That is their duty to their shareholders.  Reporting 2013 income in 2015 should not be allowed.  Report 2015's income in 2015.

Maybe if you actually provided value over a period of time you can defer reporting earnings. It's perfectly legal and follows GAAP.
  • Reply 22 of 28
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 512ke View Post

I don't get to "delay" my income when reporting it to the IRS.  

Do you have an IRA or 401k account? ... contributions to those are PRECISELY "delaying" paying taxes on personal income!

• Reply 23 of 28
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Of course it's about taxes. If Apple fails to take advantage of all of the legal means to maximize shareholder value, they could be subject to lawsuits. No company is obligated to pay more taxes than is legal.

Wow, did you even read my comments? Clearly stated I have no problem with the practice, but have the problem with the laws. 

• Reply 24 of 28
    Wow, did you even read my comments? Clearly stated I have no problem with the practice, but have the problem with the laws. 

Laws are a reflection of the interests of rivalrous self-interested parties.
  • Reply 25 of 28
    Quote:

Laws are a reflection of the interests of rivalrous self-interested parties. See Obamacare as a prime example of the kind of wrongheaded law that can happen.

A prime example of the way that different people may see things in a different way. Apart from, in their opinion, a few people who were born lucky (yes, they MAY have also worked to further their advantage, but the statistics are clear), most of the world think that Obamacare is the USA joining the advanced nations it should have led into the future.

You obviously think otherwise. It is your right, even though I'd wager you earn reasonable amounts of money, own reasonable amounts of multiple stocks, and weren't born in the worst neighborhoods of Detroit.

• Reply 26 of 28

Want to earn money & help your family without going anywhere.........I make $60h - $92h...how? I'm working online now its ur turn to make money at home...................... Buzz55.?om 

Just open Home tab nd make money

• Reply 27 of 28
    Quote:

Laws are a reflection of the interests of rivalrous self-interested parties. See Obamacare as a prime example of the kind of wrongheaded law that can happen.

I don't argue that one bit. Representation is not of the people anymore. 

• Reply 28 of 28
    Quote:

Originally Posted by lightknight View Post

A prime example of the way that different people may see things in a different way. Apart from, in their opinion, a few people who were born lucky (yes, they MAY have also worked to further their advantage, but the statistics are clear), most of the world think that Obamacare is the USA joining the advanced nations it should have led into the future.

You obviously think otherwise. It is your right, even though I'd wager you earn reasonable amounts of money, own reasonable amounts of multiple stocks, and weren't born in the worst neighborhoods of Detroit.

Personally, I don't give a DAMN what the world thinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are many other options the Government could have taken that would have been far better than taking over. But that would not fit into the big-Government narrative. 

I would rant on, but this is not the forum for that.