Apple ships set of four Mac Pro posters to select journalists ahead of December launch

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 36
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    sockrolid wrote: »
    And you won't be able to put bread sticks in it because it isn't hollow.
    First world problems galore.

But the fan is at the top so a great veggie slicer maybe?
  • Reply 22 of 36
    Originally Posted by 9secondko View Post

But then they completely ruined it with the alluding to curse words.

Flash: Steve Jobs swore. On stage, even. Multiple times.

Swearing doesn’t win arguments, and it doesn’t have a place in conversation, but it happens in society.

• Reply 23 of 36
    Quote:

Originally Posted by water cooler View Post

You have the iCloud, what do you need a hard drive for?

Oh, iCloud allows me to save 50GB media files and does so faster than a hard drive? I did not know that! Thanks for clearing that up.

• Reply 24 of 36
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    I actually think the copy sounds like Steve Jobs verbatim.
  • Reply 25 of 36
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    You have the iCloud, what do you need a hard drive for?

• Reply 26 of 36
    pscooter63pscooter63 Posts: 1,080member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

There go the southern bible belt sales ... oh well ...

You're ignoring the NASCAR and SEC contingencies, though.

• Reply 27 of 36
    "then kicks the living $#&% out of it." Yech. Certainly not as poetic as "here's to the crazy ones."
  • Reply 28 of 36
    ddawson100 wrote: »
    "then kicks the living $#&% out of it." Yech. Certainly not as poetic as "here's to the crazy ones."

I definatly agree it's not as poetic but it's also not intended for the mass market by any means. Putting a dent in the universe sometimes calls for a curse word.
  • Reply 29 of 36
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by auxio View Post

The posters are nice.  The copy is a bit cheesy, kinda sounds like a car commercial.  Should have just used Phil's tagline: "can't innovate my *ss..."

That's what I thought of when I saw it too... his line at WWDC.

I don't understand them advertising the Mac Pro in the cinema, and sending posters to tech magazines, I would have thought they would put ads in trade publications such as Video Editors Monthly or Pro Photographer or such. And the ads should focus on the customer and how their needs can be met, not focus on the company and how rebellious and/or innovative they think they're being.

• Reply 30 of 36
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    pscooter63 wrote: »
    You're ignoring the NASCAR and SEC contingencies, though.

Hey, I try ... :)
  • Reply 31 of 36
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Doctor David View Post

Better pad those walls.

Lil jizz on Apple posters never hurted anyone, right?

• Reply 32 of 36
    ascii wrote: »

I don't understand them advertising the Mac Pro in the cinema, and sending posters to tech magazines, I would have thought they would put ads in trade publications such as Video Editors Monthly or Pro Photographer or such. And the ads should focus on the customer and how their needs can be met, not focus on the company and how rebellious and/or innovative they think they're being.

This. I agree completely.
  • Reply 33 of 36
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member

Nothing is perfect in life.

• Reply 34 of 36

Want to earn money & help your family without going anywhere.........I make $60h - $92h...how? I'm working online now its ur turn to make money at home...................... Buzz55.?om 

Just open Home tab nd make money

• Reply 35 of 36
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,309moderator
    ddawson100 wrote: »

The original line was "here's to those crazy motherf*!#&%s" but the audience wouldn't have been ready for it in the 90s. Now that it's 2013, audiences are more receptive to offensive language.

I don't think it was needed though. If it was in reference to something people felt strongly needed changing, maybe it would have had more impact but the new Mac Pro design makes it conform to the rest of the lineup they already have, just with workstation components. The convention they talk about was dead already considering over 90% of their users already use it.

I think this is more evidence that it was going to be EOLd though. Worst case they'd have lost a couple of percent of their userbase without it. They had no reason to keep making them so this decision was a nice gesture. It may be a crazy decision but it's a relatively small expense for them and this is a great design to be moving the line forward with.

It seems very much like Phil Schiller is behind a lot of this. This is the kind of thing he loves and it's great to see someone with that drive at Apple. If they are passionate about their products then they'll make great ones. If they stop loving what they do, they won't. The Mac Pro had to change because when they stop caring about the product, they don't give it enough attention.
  • Reply 36 of 36
    ascii wrote: »

I haven't seen anything to indicate they aren't going to advertise in trade publications, have you? I'm going to go way out on a limb and say this poster and an ad in theaters are not the sum total of their advertising efforts for the Mac Pro.