92% of iTunes Radio listeners still use Pandora, says new report

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 73
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by brucepondo View Post

800 people is hardly data worth publishing, much less re-reporting.

exactly, 800 is not statistically significant in the case. I believe Apple has 100's of million Itunes users and Pandora has some pretty hefty users as well. They would need to survey a much larger pool of people before they can draw any conclusions. Also if you are a paid user of Pandora, you may not be too inclined to switch until your subscription runs out.

I tried Pandora some time ago when it first came out, was not really that impress, but I never bother to go back for various reasons. However, recently Pandora has been emailing at least once a week asking me to come back and use the product it even reference the play list I had set up and says it even better today. 

If Pandora was doing so well why keep emailing me trying to convince me to come back. I suspect that Pandora has lots of user accounts but their ratio of active/paying accounts to total account is low and the investment community does not like low ratios.

• Reply 62 of 73
    malaxmalax Posts: 1,598member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Maestro64 View Post

exactly, 800 is not statistically significant in the case. I believe Apple has 100's of million Itunes users and Pandora has some pretty hefty users as well. They would need to survey a much larger pool of people before they can draw any conclusions.

Actually, from a statistics perspective, if you do the random sampling correctly (or at least well), 800 people is a large enough sample size for low-stakes analyses like this.  The size of the population that you are trying to understand is irrelevant.  The confidence interval around an estimate (for example "92% of people do X") has nothing to do with the number of people in the population.

Having said that, the conclusions from this study sound very fishy and I doubt they did a good random sample to obtain their data.

• Reply 63 of 73
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by malax View Post

Actually, from a statistics perspective, if you do the random sampling correctly (or at least well), 800 people is a large enough sample size for low-stakes analyses like this.  The size of the population that you are trying to understand is irrelevant.  The confidence interval around an estimate (for example "92% of people do X") has nothing to do with the number of people in the population.

Having said that, the conclusions from this study sound very fishy and I doubt they did a good random sample to obtain their data.

I not disagreeing with what you said, but humans are not homogeneously the same. Yes you can use small sample sizes to represent a much larger population and still have a large confident interval, but this assume the entire population is very much the same. Humans are not like a manufactured part, Humans have too much variation, ask the Republican national convention about predicting an election outcome base on a small population of voters.

• Reply 64 of 73
    My issue is that it works great everywhere by my iPhone. I don't get ads anywhere but my iPhone. Same Apple ID. Need to do some digging, I bet there's an answer.

That said, I think the music selection is similar. I wish it worked with more devices but that will come.
  • Reply 65 of 73
    Like someone said before, maybe if iTunes Radio didn't play the same set of songs over and over again!! Apple has just about everything the music industry has to offer, yet I still get the same stuff over and over. THAT is why Pandora is getting more attention. (IMO)
  • Reply 66 of 73
    drblankdrblank Posts: 3,385member
    Really? I must be in the 8%, I deleted Pandora off my iPhone and iPad as I didn't use it that much. Their sound quality actually wasn't that good and their ads were annoying and selection of content really wasn't that good.
  • Reply 67 of 73
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Maestro64 View Post

exactly, 800 is not statistically significant in the case. I believe Apple has 100's of million Itunes

But the survey is only about iOS 7 users, not iTunes users.
  • Reply 68 of 73

Want to earn money & help your family without going anywhere.........I make $60h - $92h...how? I'm working online now its ur turn to make money at home...................... Buzz55.?om 

Just open Home tab nd make money

• Reply 69 of 73
    Meh... From the looks of it iTunes radio looks like it will get shelved. If there's one thing Apple has shown us lately, it's an inability to deliver a solid and reliable user experience.

iTunes radio is doomed to remain in the Apple eco system. Considering the latest iOS 7 debacle the attrition rate will increase. Pandora is device agnostic and it's a system that works.

At this point Apple has a lot of catching up to do in order to restore past, present, and future consumer confidence. At the end of the day we're talking about a music app. Remember internet radio? Remember Spotify?

iTunes Radio - like many of Apple's latest skunkworks projects - sucks the big one. I predict a slow adoption rate.

While there lies a potential for the algorithms to improve, I wish Apple would focus more on fixing what it broke before moving on. iOS 7 sucks. Upgrading and repairing the new MacBook Pro hardware seems impossible at best.

At the rate it's going at, Apple looks like it's on its way to becoming the first poster child for planned obsolescence.

So yeah - no surprises here that iTunes Radio isn't really picking off. When all is said and done iTunes Radio is nothing more than a glorified try-before-you-buy service.
  • Reply 70 of 73
    double post edit
  • Reply 71 of 73

The Nissan ads on iTunes Radio are so irritating that I promise to never buy a Nissan.

• Reply 72 of 73
    I'm happy now lol I was gifted a iTunes Card Code and it got accepted! To get one yourself just go to http://freeitunesforever.com