Google unveils new Nexus 5 with M7-like motion tracker, Android 4.4 KitKat

Comments

• Reply 41 of 131

I too am amazed by the polar hatred of Android vs IOS... I have both (used to have 3gs then switched to Skyrocket for LTE speeds and larger screen, and now I'm torn between Nexus 5 and 5S)

While there are differences between the two (I'm sure I don't need to list them), I feel the differences are minor and it comes down to preference as to which phone you like best. You are not a tool if you choose Android, and you are not a snob if you choose IOS.

If only Apple released a larger screen iPhone... Nexus vs iPhone would be a lot easier choice... for me anyway...

• Reply 42 of 131
    Quote:

Originally Posted by brutus009 View Post

I have a good friend at work who is pro-Android and completely absorbed by his hatred for Apple. I don't understand why he gets so heated and upset. It used to be just smartphone-related conversations that were issuematic, but now it seems like anything tech-related will drift towards a rant against Apple... so I just do my best not to talk to him about technology.

Personally, I used to build my own computers and never thought twice about Apple... until I borrowed a friend's iPhone 3GS and then had to have my own. I've since replaced all of my personal computing devices with Apple products because I enjoy them, but I've never felt the need to hate on Android. I've tried Android and I don't care for it, but that's it. I'm not going to talk to anybody about it, much less rant about it, because I prefer to talk about the things I like.

You have saw the light and have been converted! Hallelujah!!

• Reply 43 of 131
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul94544 View Post

Glaring omission

Where the heck is the fingerprint sensor? losers

Doomed I Say, doomed ROFL

oh thats right out innovated by apple again

Like the one that Motorola had in the Atrix 2.5 years ago?

• Reply 44 of 131
    sennensennen Posts: 1,472member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by QwertyJuan View Post

After visiting their great-grandmother and helping her setup her new iPhone!

Ah, now I know who you are. Brilliant. /s

• Reply 45 of 131
    sennensennen Posts: 1,472member
    Quote:

Oh, yeah, that awesome Motorola Artix that was such a good phone with such a good implementation of fingerprint sensor that millions of people around the world bought one?

• Reply 46 of 131
    Quote:

Originally Posted by drblank View Post

I had one of them tell me I was an ass for suggesting that Apple is readying a large screen iPhone for next year and he said they aren't, but he wouldn't take me up on a Gentleman's bet since the stakes were too high.

$1?

• Reply 47 of 131
    v5vv5v Posts: 1,357member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Cue the Apple is doomed meme because this phone litters up the spec sheet and is cheaper than iPhone. image

"Litters up?" Seriously? Which components/capabilities do you consider superfluous?

The price is really quite telling, too, especially the storage upgrade cost - HALF what Apple gouges charges.

I won't litter up the thread with details, but consider that any prudent buyer frequently re-evaluates his commitment to iOS. So far it's still winning, but developments like these, combined with Apple's stubborn refusal to lower prices or increase screen width, do test my decision making.

• Reply 48 of 131
    Quote:

Yeah, that one...the one that didn't work :rolleyes:

• Reply 49 of 131
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    qwertyjuan wrote: »

That worked so well for them. Google should start putting them in all Moto devices. Oh wait.
  • Reply 50 of 131

The article didn't even mention the two coolest features!  The dialer will now search the entire Google directory (probably via Maps) to let you call any listed business.  It also does the reverse for incoming calls to provide caller ID for businesses you don't have saved in your contacts.

The second one is that Google search can now provide links to specific pages within apps instead of directing users to a website.  For example a search for a restaurant or a movie could directly open the page for that specific restaurant or movie in the OpenTable or Fandango apps rather than their websites.  I'm under the impression that it won't even redirect you from the mobile site to the app, but will search for pages within apps.

I think those are cool anyway...

• Reply 51 of 131
    Quote:

Oh.... THAT'S what he's talking about. What about the Moto X that was introduced 3 months ago and all the extra sensors it has? Who did THEY copy from?

And that whole fiasco about the multiple processor Moto X and about how googles motorola lied about its configuration.  Saying that the X8 processor  was  a custom 8 core and Adnandtech found out that the X8 was really  just all off the shelf chips crammed together not one single custom processor like Motorola Market.  You mean that MotoX?

• Reply 52 of 131
    Quote:

Like the ones that laptops had before the Atrix?The Atrix sensor sucked.  My wife had one.  It would work only sometimes, and after about 6 months of use it just quit working altogether.

And it was nothing like the iPhone 5s sensor.  You had to swipe your finger across the sensor just right or it would fail reading your print.

The sensor would fail early because it was unprotected unlike the 5s with the sapphire cover.  The oil and salt would corrode the sensor and make it fail.

The 5s fingerprint sensor just works and it took Apple to get it right.

• Reply 53 of 131
    [quote]
    Google partnered with South Korean manufacturer LG for the handset.
    [/quote]

I find it hilarious that Google spent billions of dollars to acquire Motorola, but won't eat its own dog food and outsources their hardware builds to LG. Priceless. Way to go Google!!
  • Reply 54 of 131
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    qwertyjuan wrote: »
    Sorry dude, but my Nexus 7 tablet does that and has for a long time. Who copied who?

Shoot the Nexus 1 had that.
  • Reply 55 of 131
    slurpy wrote: »
    This piece looks like it was regurgitated out of Google PR. Amazing.
    As opposed to the other 99% of the stories that are 99% out of Apple's PR corps?
    I'm no Android or Google fan and not really sure why this 'article' is on AI - Go to Engadget if you want a rundown of all the competition's goings-on.
    But all that said (and as an iPhone owner from year 1) I'd be interested to try this phone to see if Google is managing to actually move the ball forward. Apple is definitely dragging their feet with storage capacity and RAM given how much they charge for their devices - it's their classic play book but really needs to change.
  • Reply 56 of 131

Please check the google  quality and service of their website :

http://www.android.com/kitkat/

go to bottom and click  Learn more about Android KitKat link its not working .  

This is how the quality standards of great web service company in the world  of kitkat :(

Learn more about Android KitKa about Android KitKa

• Reply 57 of 131
    juiljuil Posts: 75member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by brutus009 View Post

I have a good friend at work who is pro-Android and completely absorbed by his hatred for Apple. I don't understand why he gets so heated and upset. It used to be just smartphone-related conversations that were issuematic, but now it seems like anything tech-related will drift towards a rant against Apple... so I just do my best not to talk to him about technology.

Personally, I used to build my own computers and never thought twice about Apple... until I borrowed a friend's iPhone 3GS and then had to have my own. I've since replaced all of my personal computing devices with Apple products because I enjoy them, but I've never felt the need to hate on Android. I've tried Android and I don't care for it, but that's it. I'm not going to talk to anybody about it, much less rant about it, because I prefer to talk about the things I like.

Words of wisdom this... Also, have you been secretly living my life?

• Reply 58 of 131
    fazzterfazzter Posts: 120member

GOOG  $1030.58

AAPL $522.70

LOL

Keep talking crap about everyone else....it's amusing.

• Reply 59 of 131
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    fazzter wrote: »
    GOOG  $1030.58
    AAPL $522.70

LOL

Surely you're not comparing stock prices as if they have the number of shares.
  • Reply 60 of 131
    Originally Posted by faZZter View Post

GOOG  $1030.58

AAPL $522.70

LOL

What in the world are you implying?

Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

Surely you're not comparing stock prices as if they have the number of shares.

Surely he’s not comparing stock prices as if that has anything to do with honesty, integrity, product quality, customer satisfaction, customer retention, ecosystem strength, profit, marketshare growth, and developer payout.