Symbian / MS c**tbit ...

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Have a look at <a href="http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/7/28724.html"; target="_blank">this article </a>from the Register. Read it right to the end. Or jjust the end really.

An announcement from Sony Ericsson and Nokia together this / next week will begin to look very interesting.

H.

[ 01-06-2003: Message edited by: Harald ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    Just a FYI, it's ususally tidbit not titbit.

Barto
  • Reply 2 of 13
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    No, FYI it was always "titbit" until prudish Americans changed it, as they did (for example) with the comparatively recent invention of the word "rooster" to stand in for the word "cock."

True. English degree dontchaknow.

Where I come from, it's still "titbit." For YOU it is more usually "tidbit."

Offtopic within two posts
  • Reply 3 of 13
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    Interesting. "Roosters" are still called cocks in Australia.

Barto
  • Reply 4 of 13
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    [quote]Originally posted by Harald:

<strong>No, FYI it was always "titbit" until prudish Americans changed it, as they did (for example) with the comparatively recent invention of the word "rooster" to stand in for the word "cock."

Offtopic within two posts </strong><hr></blockquote>

Look who's talking prude! before it was titbit, it was cuntbit, but NOOOOOOOO, the English counldn't handle that! Pshaw!

• Reply 5 of 13

[quote]Originally posted by Outsider:

<strong>Look who's talking prude! before it was titbit, it was cuntbit, but NOOOOOOOO, the English counldn't handle that! Pshaw!

</strong><hr></blockquote>

You should have heard what the ancient Anglo Saxons called it ...

Anyway, about that Nokia / SE announcement. Microsoft won't be happy.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    My two volume Oxford English Dictionary has 'titbit' ('of a morsel of food or ... interesting news') which I have always used, and no mention of 'tidbit' (which I have always understood to be American.) It has no 'cüntbit', but it does have 'stimulatedclitorisbit', which seems to have passed out of colloquial use.
  • Reply 7 of 13
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Hey as a user of a Sony Ericsson, I will be glad if this means there will more games for my phone.
  • Reply 8 of 13
    Anyway.

So Sendo are suing Microsoft for (deep breath)

[quote]misappropriation of trade secrets, common law misappropriation, conversion, unfair competition, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, two counts of negligent misrepresentation, two counts of breach of contract, fraudulent inducement and tortious interference <hr></blockquote>

and it looks like they have a case.

Excellent. But I don't see anything about an announcement from Nokia and S-E in this piece. What's that all abaht then?

[ 01-06-2003: Message edited by: Hassan i Sabbah ]</p>
  • Reply 9 of 13
    There is no mention of it in that article. The announcement was me, doing what I believe is termed "droppin' insider information yo' sorry muslim ass" Mr. Sabbah.

It means an unstoppable juggernaut of lots of applications, games and all sorts.

It means a breath of life for Symbian, and it means Bill should be upset for a minute or two (until he contemplates the cash balance of his multiple bank accounts).

Just a little clitbit for you.

[ 01-06-2003: Message edited by: Harald ]</p>
  • Reply 10 of 13
    FYI, that should be 'clidbit'. Not clitbit.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    [quote]Originally posted by Harald:

<strong>No, FYI it was always "titbit" until prudish Americans changed it, as they did (for example) with the comparatively recent invention of the word "rooster" to stand in for the word "cock."

Offtopic within two posts </strong><hr></blockquote>

My OED says that "tidbit" becomes "titbit" in the mid-16th century. If that's the case, then try "Prudish expat Brits living in the new world changed it."

Wanna guess what my degree's in?

Cheers

Scott
  • Reply 12 of 13
    Medicine? Theology? Ergonomics?

Oh come on, don't be a tease.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    This has been off-topic since it started. Jeez, guys, what are you all? 14 years old?

If you want to discuss your swears and insults, do it somewhere else. This is not appropriate discussion for Digital Hub.

*SLAM*