Former director of Siri now working with Samsung on 'internet of things' initiative

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 53
    gatorguy wrote: »
    philboogie wrote: »
    I think that'd apply better to k darling. Let jr in anytime; he brings in good info.

It's not the info he adds, it's the tone that causes backlash.

Ah, ok. Yeah, I have that with some posters, I used to cringe, curl my toes, or worse, respond. I have learned to not do any of those things anymore, though there are a few people here who stand out that I just cannot 'get used to'.

>>important: this doesn't apply to jr, which I might've implied here. And my reference to Mr. Darling was merely to your 'sshhhh'; and when I read it now it seems I think he didn't bring in good info, which is not the case, IMO.
  • Reply 42 of 53
    Quote:

Originally Posted by GTR View Post

This just in.

Samsung has created a new company to combine not only the best of Apple and Samsung technology, but their names as well.

Unfortunately, the name of the new company, although technically accurate, leaves a lot to be desired...

"Sample"

May be all "exes" will unite and the company will appear )) It would be interesting )

• Reply 43 of 53
    john.bjohn.b Posts: 2,742member

Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Samsung Open

Samsung's Open Innovation strategy. | Source: Samsung

They left out the box that says "Copy whatever Apple is doing".

• Reply 44 of 53
    I am desperately in need of a device I can look at while I catch my breath that will confirm that I have been exercising. I can just never be sure.

I also find it difficult to gauge my overall calorie consumption. My (digital) scale is only accurate to the nearest half pound.

Is this guy just trying to reinvent the Internet? We have the pieces. What we need are the new functions, not more information.
  • Reply 45 of 53
    auxioauxio Posts: 2,717member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAustin View Post

Is this guy just trying to reinvent the Internet? We have the pieces. What we need are the new functions, not more information.

Oh, you thought all the work done to increase information collection was being done for the benefit of users?

• Reply 46 of 53
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,176member
    akqies wrote: »
    Samsung's S-Voice needs the help. I just wish someone from the Google Now team would make Siri faster.

It was one of Google's top engineers who was brought on board to improve Siri three years ago. Look up Gummi Hafsteinsson. All these guys use talent from their competitors to improve services or create new ones.
  • Reply 47 of 53
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightknight View Post

I would like to have a coffee machien that starts automatically when I get in the shower, and a bread-cooker-thing that gets my bread ready in time for me to eat it... and that kind of stuff.

Done right, it could be controlled from my iPad.

Yeah, and I'd like my bread to wander over from my pantry and climb into the toaster, on command from my shower, but ain't gonna happen.....

Simple answer: Make a lot of money, wake up whenever you please and waste as much time as you want making tea and toast or have someone make it for you. No need to automate anything.

• Reply 48 of 53
    crowley wrote: »
    The mindset of staff who have loyalty to a multi-billion dollar corporate entity is a bit odd anyway.
    In general, I agree. But I consider Apple a special case. Apple really is different in both large and small ways. Perhaps as Steve recedes further into the past that will change, but for those of us who have been with them since even before the bad old days, it is a corporate entity with something as close to a soul as such things CAN have. I do have a strong sense of loyalty to them both as a customer now and an employee in the past.
  • Reply 49 of 53

Better than Strategic Homeland Intervention Team. :p

How about

Causing Open Public Yawns (by)Copping Apples Technologies (and) Services

C.O.P.Y.C.A.T.S.
  • Reply 50 of 53
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    I'm hoping he is a Trojan Horse ... :\
  • Reply 51 of 53
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    How about

Causing Open Public Yawns (by)Copping Apples Technologies (and) Services

C.O.P.Y.C.A.T.S.

I think the simpler way is to start using the verb 'to google' for your above definition instead of the current 'to look up'.
    to google: verb ... meaning to steal, often in a violation of trust.

Examples:

"Hey, did you just google my exam answers you little s###t?"

"You bastard, you googled my design!"
  • Reply 52 of 53
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

How about people who leave Google to join Apple?

I think they have a anti-hire people from each other policy for which they were sued for a month or so ago.

• Reply 53 of 53
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,176member
    bananaman wrote: »
    I think they have a anti-hire people from each other policy for which they were sued for a month or so ago.

Apple and Google apparently used to have a non-poaching agreement (along with some others) but that's no longer in play.