Adobe's Answer to iPhoto?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
What do you guys think of Adobe Photoshop Album? <a href="http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopalbum/main.html"; target="_blank">http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopalbum/main.html</a>;

Price is $49

System requirements:

Windows

Intel® Pentium® III processor

Microsoft® Windows® 98 Second Edition, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows 2000, or Windows XP

Is this Mac envy? I bet iPhoto is still much better..... To think we are doing R&D for Adobe now......

Nick :-)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    wall street journal reviewed this and another windows based image software, rated last, it doens't even make albums like some others. iPhoto ranked #1 by a long shot, a great reason to switch

apple has outgunned MS, now with all applications needed, the big thing is powerpoint, now apple ease of use comes to corporate. next is appleworks 7.0 to replace word.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
    iPhoto is definately better. And its free!
  • Reply 3 of 11
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    This program looks fairly decent. I don't know if it can compete with a free iPhoto but its the best looking Photo viewer for consumers that I've seen for peecee's.

I myself might be looking at iView MediaPro myself for it's increased functionality. Although free is hard to fight.

I liked the Adobe Tour Video until the blatant Intel "Bravo Juliet" on Intel in the end. God I used to respect Adobe much more than I do now.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    reynardreynard Posts: 160member
    Im probably going to buy Photoshop Elements. Besides the editing of photos, does Elements organize photos like iPhoto? In other words, will Elements take over all the functions of iPhoto?

(Have I used the work "photo" enough in this post?)
  • Reply 5 of 11
    trevormtrevorm Posts: 841member
    [quote]Originally posted by reynard:

<strong>Im probably going to buy Photoshop Elements. Besides the editing of photos, does Elements organize photos like iPhoto? In other words, will Elements take over all the functions of iPhoto?

(Have I used the work "photo" enough in this post?)</strong><hr></blockquote>

I beleve that Photoshop Elements like its name suggests is an Application that features the basic elements a home user would use in Photoshop without the large price task. Nothin more nothing else. (From memory)

Its not anything like iPhoto
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Thank you Trevor. So I'll continue to use iPhoto to download and organize photos and Elements to change selected ones.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    trevormtrevorm Posts: 841member
    [quote]Originally posted by reynard:

<strong>Thank you Trevor. So I'll continue to use iPhoto to download and organize photos and Elements to change selected ones.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Great! I do somethingg similar but I use Photoshop EDU version!
  • Reply 8 of 11
    You can set PS Elements to be the default image editor for iPhoto. Double-clicking a photo in the iPhoto interface will automatically run Elements, allowing you to edit the photo. Upon saving and closing the image, you will be connected back to iPhoto, where you will see the edited version of the image. Pretty cool interaction.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    Don't forget a new iPhoto is coming with many more features and faster load times by Jan. 25. The WSJ article was written by Walter Mossberger... a very pro-Apple writer.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    [quote]Originally posted by NOFEER:

<strong>.... next is appleworks 7.0 to replace word....</strong><hr></blockquote>

And Excel!!

Serioulsy, if AppleWorks 7 (or whatever they call it, who knows, Keynote is separate, maybe it will be a Word Processor, a Spreadsheet app and whatever else all separate?) is fully compatible with Word then I think that Office on the Mac might be completely dead, save for Entourage.

--PB
  • Reply 11 of 11
    Oops! 2x Post!

--PB

[ 01-15-2003: Message edited by: PosterBoy ]</p>