free sony-erikkkkson bluetooth fone

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hello. Sign in to get personalized recommendations. New customer? Start here.

from amazon.com's front page

Subscribe to Money and receive $5 off your next Amazon.com purchase. See details.

Get the Sony Ericsson T68i for Free!

Slightly larger than a business card, the camera-ready Sony Ericsson T68i offers a dazzling color screen, an easy-to-use menu with a joystick, high-speed Web access, and more. All that and it's yours for free after rebates when you activate a qualifying T-Mobile rate plan.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
    This is old news. It's been free for better than two weeks now. At one point it was actually -$25 after the correct rebates. Amazon has crazy rebates on all of their T-Mobile phones.

I ordered a T300 a week ago.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    in the words of the daily show

'whhaaaaaaaa?'

how do i get a free phone?

how much does it cost me?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
    You pay for the phone ($300 in this case), then after several months, you get a rebate from T-Mobile, then get a rebate from Amazon. The rebates require being on a $39.99/month or above rate plan. T-Mobile makes a good profit on you with the one-year contract you agree to, and Amazon gets beaucoup commission from T-Mobile for selling their products, not to mention the revenue from you buying other products from Amazon, the most popular online store in the world.

It works out better than buying the phone in real life, but you really do lose the customer service quality that you get at a real T-Mobile dealer.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    I'm looking for a new phone, but don't bother with the T68i. I consider it as an "old" phone with "just-ok" color screen. Skip the T68.