Apple teases Black Friday shopping event online and in its retail stores

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Apple on Monday began teasing at its website that it will hold a one-day shopping event this week on the annual "Black Friday" shopping holiday, both in its retail stores and online.

Black Friday

Exactly what Apple will be offering for discounts at the annual event is unknown. But an advertisement posted to the company's Australian website shows iPads with green smart covers, while a pair of Apple EarPods behind them are tied up like a bow on a present.

Visitors are encouraged to shop online, visit an Apple retail store, or buy products from the official Apple Store application for iOS. The site notes that shoppers get free shipping online.

In the fine print, Apple states that Black Friday prices are valid on Nov. 29 from 12:01 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. local times. It also states that promotional pricing cannot be combined with other offers, not all sale products are available in all Apple Retail Stores, and that sale prices are limited to stock on hand.

Apple will be competing with virtually every other retailer this Friday for the annual Black Friday event. Amazon kicked off its own weeklong sale on Sunday, with new bargains being posted to its website every 10 minutes.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 24
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,309moderator
    Exactly what Apple will be offering for discounts at the annual event is unknown.

I would guess $100 off all Macs, except maybe the mini (they upped most of them by $100 anyway), $50 off the higher priced iPods/iPhones and they can have $200 off if you buy a Mac and iPod/iPhone together.
  • Reply 2 of 24
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

I would guess $100 off all Macs, except maybe the mini (they upped most of them by $100 anyway), $50 off the higher priced iPods/iPhones and they can have $200 off if you buy a Mac and iPod/iPhone together.

You haven't been watching Apple very long have you? They never discount their iPhones or iPads. They don't need to because they sell themselves. They have some pretty good deals though, but your ideas are interesting. Re-sellers like Wal-Mart usually give like a $15-$50 discount mostly to attract people to the store.

• Reply 3 of 24
    Why does this site keep pimping Amazon's Black Friday week thing?
  • Reply 4 of 24
    Originally Posted by iObserve View Post

They don't need to because they sell themselves.

So do their Macs. And this matters because… what? 

• Reply 5 of 24
    rgh71rgh71 Posts: 125member
    The Apple sale events are never earthshaking. Whatever.
  • Reply 6 of 24
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    How much can I get off on a Time Capsule or a 13" MBP w Retina?
  • Reply 7 of 24
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    pazuzu wrote: »
    How much can I get off on a Time Capsule or a 13" MBP w Retina?

Apple will probably discount the Apple TV. :lol:
  • Reply 8 of 24
    well, the sales tax i paid online will definitely more than a tank of gas to the nearest tax-free state for a road trip.
  • Reply 9 of 24
    Originally Posted by mervynyan View Post

well, the sales tax i paid online will definitely more than a tank of gas to the nearest tax-free state for a road trip.

Good for your proximity thereto. Most of us aren’t.

• Reply 10 of 24
    Marvin wrote: »
    I would guess $100 off all Macs, except maybe the mini (they upped most of them by $100 anyway)

I don’t get this part of your comment. Last I looked Apple had dropped most of the Mac prices (again), some as much as $200, and did so alongside a simultaneous speed/spec bump.
  • Reply 11 of 24
    Originally Posted by tribalogical View Post

I don’t get this part of your comment. Last I looked Apple had dropped most of the Mac prices (again), some as much as $200, and did so alongside a simultaneous speed/spec bump.

Ivy Bridge iMac started at $1,299 where Sandy had been $1,199.

• Reply 12 of 24

My roomate's mother makes $87 hourly on the laptop. She has been fired for 7 months but last month her pay was $21739 just working on the laptop for a few hours. Read more here..www.bar29.?om
  • Reply 13 of 24
    h2ph2p Posts: 329member

Same image as last year (with an updated iPad). Why's that?

• Reply 14 of 24
    Originally Posted by H2P View Post

Same image as last year (with an updated iPad). Why's that?

Obviously Apple is getting lazy. Lazy = doomed.

• Reply 15 of 24
    rob55rob55 Posts: 1,291member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

It also states that promotional pricing cannot be combined with other offers...

I guess I won't be able to combine this with the educational discount on an shiny new 15" rMBP. Darn.

• Reply 16 of 24
    Originally Posted by Rob55 View Post

I guess I won't be able to combine this with the educational discount on an shiny new 15" rMBP. Darn.

You’ve never been able to combine discounts any year, so I’m not sure why you’re upset.

• Reply 17 of 24
    rob55rob55 Posts: 1,291member
    You’ve never been able to combine discounts any year, so I’m not sure why you’re upset.

I was being facetious. If I was truly upset, I wouldn't have used the word darn.
  • Reply 18 of 24

They typically offer 10% discounts on Black Friday, which wipes out the sales tax in CA.

• Reply 19 of 24
    Well There are things like getting the 13 MBA at price of 11 MBA and 13 rMBP at price of 13 Mbp availible, besides that who knows this year, we might see for the first time a $25-50 off IOS devices.
  • Reply 20 of 24
    realisticrealistic Posts: 1,154member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hillstones View Post

They typically offer 10% discounts on Black Friday, which wipes out the sales tax in CA.

In you dreams, maybe, but in reality Apple doesn't typically offer 10% discounts on Black Friday.