Product (RED) Mac Pro auction brings in $977,000; gold EarPods sold for $461,000

Comments

• Reply 61 of 94
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

How about something other than a completely untrustworthy source?

Why don’t you just sign the petition, then? 10 down, only 99,990 to go! I’m sure you’ll be listened to!

Nice selectivity. There are petitions and Facebook pages about this all over the internet aside from the 58 pages in this one, of many, discussions in APPLE's own Support Communities. You suggest this is a hoax? Apple already owned up to this IOS problem to me and replaced my iPhone 4S. I would have preffered to not have gone through the hassle and loss of info on that phone. Which means Apple's rush to release this flawed IOS did few any good and caused a lot of harm to the reputation of this company. Keep the blinders on.

• Reply 62 of 94
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mpantone View Post

Odd, my iPhone 4S upgraded to iOS 7 without any major issues.

Probably something wrong with you (or your handset).

Note: millions of iPhone 4S users have probably upgraded to iOS 7 by now with no issues. Perhaps the iOS 7 team deliberately targeted your phone for destruction. Perhaps it was based on your attitude. No one knows for sure and it is unlikely that Apple will explain why only your device "burned up" (sic).

Just to let you know...

How many is it? 2 million... 10 million? Have they or have they not upgraded without a problem. Get specific and cut the BS. If you're this knowledgeable, throw out some facts. My device overheated due to the installation IOS and did basically burn up. It was diagnosed as such and Apple replaced it. I would have preferred Apple had initially done it's homework and not caused this hassle. (sic) is not used in that grammatical case.

Read these 58 pages and throw out some nebulous answers there:

https://discussions.apple.com/message/23892149?ac_cid=tw123456#23892149

• Reply 63 of 94
    Originally Posted by TheRocket2000 View Post

…58 pages…

Seems like this is the only argument you have.

• Reply 64 of 94
    Quote:

My little iPhone 4S burned up thanks to IOS 7

Ahem.  (Taken moments ago.)

• Reply 65 of 94
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    So now we know Mr Ive sports a space gray iPhone.

8e5353fc557f11e396ce12408677aaaf_8.jpg
  • Reply 66 of 94
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Seems like this is the only argument you have.

You seem to be the argumentative one. I am merely pointing out that Apple is getting complaints worldwide regarding this problem. Seems you have no reply to this. Ostrich time for you?

• Reply 67 of 94

"Ahem.  (Taken moments ago.)"

Isn't that special.

• Reply 68 of 94
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven N. View Post

Apple has until Dec 21. Most of December is fall and not winter.

Winter is coming.

• Reply 69 of 94
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member

He has more money than he will ever use Ives.He gets it free anyway.

• Reply 70 of 94
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member

Next time buy Samsung products.

• Reply 71 of 94
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member

How many is it? 2 million... 10 million? Have they or have they not upgraded without a problem. Get specific and cut the BS. If you're this knowledgeable, throw out some facts. My device overheated due to the installation IOS and did basically burn up. It was diagnosed as such and Apple replaced it. I would have preferred Apple had initially done it's homework and not caused this hassle. (sic) is not used in that grammatical case.

Read these 58 pages and throw out some nebulous answers there:

https://discussions.apple.com/message/23892149?ac_cid=tw123456#23892149

I bet many of the posts are from the same people. My 4S works great with iOS 7.0.3. Apple has sold tens of millions of 4S's and only rec'd 58 pages of "complaints".
  • Reply 72 of 94
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

Next time buy Samsung products.

Give Samsung 6 months to copy it and put their name on it first...
  • Reply 73 of 94

I am merely pointing out that Apple is getting complaints worldwide regarding this problem.

Not any meaningful complaints. I’ve explicitly replied already.

• Reply 74 of 94
    Happy that the money is going to a good cause. That some ultra-rich get to have bragging rights over their friends because they have tons of money they can throw around? Not so much.

Sign of the times.
  • Reply 75 of 94
    pscooter63 wrote: »

Washed out colours; was it taken with a Samsung phone? And please use a nail clipper before taking it online.
  • Reply 76 of 94
    starxdstarxd Posts: 128member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_CA View Post

Why does the Mac Pro in the photo above look like it's 5 feet tall and about 3 feet across?

and what's with the StormTrooper head in the reflection?

Because your mind is interpreting the background as room-sized walls, when in fact they are just a small case of some kind.  

• Reply 77 of 94
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

They marketed it as coming Fall 2013. December is Winter. I wonder if they delayed the launch because of the auction so that this RED Mac Pro would be the first one sold.

for your information winter starts on Dec. 21st. So, Dec.1st to Dec. 20th is Fall.

Winter: Dec. 21 

Spring: March 21 

Summer: June 21 

Autumn: September 22 or 23

• Reply 78 of 94
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    see flat wrote: »
    for your information winter starts on Dec. 21st. So, Dec.1st to Dec. 20th is Fall.

… for the Northern Hemisphere.
  • Reply 79 of 94
    for your information winter starts on Dec. 21st.

I'd thumb this up if it hadn't been address several times in this thread. I just don't understand why people post without reading it from the start... :\
  • Reply 80 of 94
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,323moderator
    solipsismx wrote: »

… for the Northern Hemisphere.

Poor Australia, can't get the Mac Pro until at least March:

http://goaustralia.about.com/od/discoveraustralia/ss/Autumn-in-Australia.htm

They've sensibly started their seasons on the first of the month though.

Of course their site says December now but it would have been advertised previously as the fall when it should have said Summer on the Australian site.