• Reply 21 of 29
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member

That is your opinion only.

• Reply 22 of 29
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by saarek View Post

Wait two months & then pick it up from the bargain bins for £2.99

Pay for such a bad movie? Catch on on Netflix in a year and you'll see what I mean.

• Reply 23 of 29
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyfozz View Post

We have all these critics on JOBS who no doubt know how to make a movie. Like movie critic Roger Ebert, when he went to make his own movie, and it flopped abysmally, he had a better appreciation for what goes into film-making.

I saw the movie, enjoyed it, so did my girlfriend. We wanted entertainment, not the discovery of America. Kutcher did a pretty good job.

The one thing I have learned in my life about "whiners," they aren't much good at doing ANYTHING except, you guessed it: Whining. You guys are as bad as those who come to this website to whine about spelling, grammar and any other thing most of us don't have the time for.

While your sentiment may apply to a less than stellar film made in good faith, "Jobs" does not fall into that category. This film was utter garbage, rushed to production for no reason other than to capitalize on the man's death. Wozniak immediately distanced himself from the project when he got a glimpse at the terrible job they did at capturing the essence of the title character, himself or most of the key story lines. 

• Reply 24 of 29
    It was an okay movie, but there is too much source material to cram into a couple hours. We need a Steve Jobs miniseries.
  • Reply 25 of 29

I saw the film, it was horrible. It was just a bland story and dry acting. I learned nothing I couldn't have learn from wikipedia. 

• Reply 26 of 29
    Originally Posted by bobbyfozz View Post

"We" was in reference to myself and girlfriend.

Okay, then.

The notion that occasionally you make sense Tallest is overshadowed by you "I'm always right ego."

Of course. Now watch as I dismiss this nonsense offhand because you can do better than this.

I don't need you to explain Truth to me, or anyone else.

That’s for sure; you just don’t care about it at all.

Even saying that makes you subjective. 

I’m now confident you know neither what truth nor subjectivity are.

• Reply 27 of 29
    gtr wrote: »
    And, yes, the others were right.

This movie is Goddamn AWFUL.

I would have to agree with that summary. With someone so iconic you must be careful about dramatizing etc. They weren't. Plus the dialogue was terrible. As a pro film maker I could spot non stop horrible directing and camera work as well.

These guys claim they did it because they love Apple etc but it's rather clear they rushed in order to be first and to get press based on the association. It shows in every frame. As does their lack of experience. A fresh out of school writer, a director with perhaps two previous gigs and neither was any better than direct to DVD if that. It shows
  • Reply 28 of 29
    I enjoyed it for what it is. Facts don't necessarily add up to truth. One could watch that movie and think Jobs rode the coattails of Woz and Ive while being himself market savy and unwilling to compromise. I look forward to the one based on Isaacson's book for a more complete and perhaps accurate view. In this movie too much focus was given to finite turning points, but I still found it compelling and moving, factual or not, true or not.
  • Reply 29 of 29
    Originally Posted by Jim Gramze View Post

I look forward to the one based on Isaacson's book for a more complete and perhaps accurate view.

Ri~ght… “Complete and accurate” from Isaacson… 

Better wait on that movie until he finishes writing his second book of Jobs. You know, because he has publicly stated the one he did release was a first draft.